45Doll

Run On Firearms

We've all seen the articles about firearm (and ammo) sales surging. I think this is preparation related, so I put the topic here. Obviously a lot of people thought they weren't prepared, or prepared enough.

So yesterday I checked Gallery of Guns for a Glock 20 10mm. There were 21 listed in stock.

Today I went back because I thought I was close to a decision, and there are 0 in stock.

Called my FFL who located one at the third distributor she checked. Put a hold on it and then had to hang up the phone because of the line at the counter. Told me she'd have lots of stories for me the next time I came in. On the order of 'nuts'.

Combined with the other posts in various threads, including NICS backups,  it looks like for whatever reason the run is real. And local

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I try to not walk or run on firearms..

that being said, if anything good comes out of this, it will be more gun ownership.

YES! I was thinking the same thing just yesterday. Things like this are actually GOOD for the 2A. In uncertain times, people realize the necessity of relying on oneself - and having a means of self-protection is just one component of that. 

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

YES! I was thinking the same thing just yesterday. Things like this are actually GOOD for the 2A. In uncertain times, people realize the necessity of relying on oneself - and having a means of self-protection is just one component of that. 

Great minds think alike... try the meatloaf it’s good 

• FacePalm 2

25 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Im really curious how many FFL's had to turn away people because they don't have FPID or permits... ya know the oblivious ones...

I'd like to hear feed back on that too. If I get some from my FFL I'll post it up.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Maybe it's these people who are buying these firearms, since they just lost their jobs, and will need to rely on another way to get their groceries????

...." New Jersey’s online unemployment application system crashed Monday due to a huge spike in applications as non-essential businesses were forced to close in an attempt to slow the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Phil Murphy said Tuesday.

“We saw a record number of unemployment applications yesterday,” Murphy said at an afternoon news conference in in which officials announced the number of statewide cases has climbed to 267. "The state system crashed.”

State Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Rob Asaro-Angelo said 15,000 people applied Monday. Unemployment applications in the state have increased “12 fold” this week, Asaro-Angelo said.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/record-number-of-unemployment-applications-crashed-njs-website-murphy-says.html

Then Murphy say this:

...."The governor, meanwhile, implored businesses to continue paying workers to make sure they are still eligible for potential federal relief measures that have been proposed.

“Not paying employees now might prevent them from taking advantage of these," Murphy said.

So, this asshat closes businesses but expects the business owners to continue to cut paychecks??? What an ass!!

• Agree 2

First it was food and toilet paper, now it's guns.

Americans worried about the impact of coronavirus have been lining up at gun stores across the country, arming themselves as fear of social unrest and food shortages have sparked a surge in preparedness.

turners.jpg?itok=qTGlVo3g

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/americans-rush-buy-firearms-covid-19-stokes-fears-unrest

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

First it was food and toilet paper, now it's guns.

Americans worried about the impact of coronavirus have been lining up at gun stores across the country, arming themselves as fear of social unrest and food shortages have sparked a surge in preparedness.

turners.jpg?itok=qTGlVo3g

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/americans-rush-buy-firearms-covid-19-stokes-fears-unrest

The time to stock up on guns and ammo is past.

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

The time to stock up on guns and ammo is past.

Even the Liberals in NY are waking up:

....."The demand for firearms at Coliseum Gun Traders Ltd in Nassau County was so high Tuesday that manager Kevin Romano said they’re only letting small groups of people into the store at a time.

On Tuesday afternoon, a line of about 30 people stretched outside the store.

David Straus, 53, who lives in New York City, said he was there to buy a shotgun because he fears what people might do if their jobs are cut.

“I think it’s better to be safe than sorry. I don’t know what’s going to happen if things get worse and people don’t have jobs,” he said.

A 48-year-old Staten Island resident was waiting in line to buy ammunition with his 11- and 16-year-old sons.

“The problem is when you have the government getting involved in your daily life, closing stores and shutting down people’s opportunity to make money and feed their families, they begin not to respect each other’s borders,” said the man, who declined to give his name.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/new-yorkers-flock-to-gun-stores-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

What's the chance Trump overtakes Obama as "The Best Gun Salesman Ever", with this meltdown?

Damn, I should have sold all my DOW stocks and just bought Visa and MasterCard. Between all the toilet paper, Lysol and hand sanitizer hoarding and now the run on guns and ammo, those two stocks must be going CRAZY..... I've been getting emails from all suppliers they are overwhelmed with orders for ammo, firearms and supplies...

Man, I hate to be those people when they get their credit card statements next month...  :no2:

I bought an AK pistol yesterday... was going back and forth on getting another AR pistol/firearm, but wanted something a little heavier than 5.56mm. .308 was too expensive, so 7.62x39mm fit the bill perfectly.

But my purchase just happened to fit in with this said panic. Also have a bundle of TP... so good there.

What I picked up...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak-p-moe-triangle-side-folding-pistol-black.html

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Damn, I should have sold all my DOW stocks and just bought Visa and MasterCard. Between all the toilet paper, Lysol and hand sanitizer hoarding and now the run on guns and ammo, those two stocks must be going CRAZY..... I've been getting emails from all suppliers they are overwhelmed with orders for ammo, firearms and supplies...

Man, I hate to be those people when they get their credit card statements next month...  :no2:

Careful, credit debt has zero collateral. It will be very interesting to see where that all ends up in 2 months.

6 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Careful, credit debt has zero collateral. It will be very interesting to see where that all ends up in 2 months.

It will end up where all the other record outstanding debt (cars, houses, schools) will be... unpaid in a few months.

11 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Got 10,000 extra rounds laying around?  Could bring in $3k or $4k.

What's your opening bid?

15 minutes ago, Screwball said:

I bought an AK pistol yesterday... was going back and forth on getting another AR pistol/firearm, but wanted something a little heavier than 5.56mm. .308 was too expensive, so 7.62x39mm fit the bill perfectly.

But my purchase just happened to fit in with this said panic. Also have a bundle of TP... so good there.

What I picked up...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak-p-moe-triangle-side-folding-pistol-black.html

Sweet! 7.62x39mm is a great caliber and still relatively cheap to shoot

4 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Hah...  I’m not bidding if that’s what you meant.  I’d sell to someone who was dry,  but I wouldn’t say I have 10k ..extra... rounds.

Ha... during the Sandy Hook crazy, my son was living in Denver, and he had tapped into a ammo supply when everyone else was scrounging around. He was selling boxes on Craigslist and made a ton of money.