muzzelloader69

buying guns and ammo

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I love seeing the millennials sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire on their phones googling "how to change your tire".  Idiots

A couple of years ago I pulled over to help a woman with a flat. She was about 25, and when I pulled over, she already had the car up on the jack, flat tire off. She was struggling to get the spare out of the trunk. I did the rest of it for her. She was pretty happy to have the help. 
While I was finishing up, I complimented her on her ability to change a tire. She told me her dad made her change a tire before she was allowed to get her drivers license. Yay dad! 

When I stood up, I noticed a person in the front seat, reclining in the seat, playing on the phone. It was a guy, about her age. 
I made a comment to her...like WTF? Why is he sitting there while she was doing the work?! 
She gave me a look...and said, ‘that’s my boyfriend...and he didn’t know how to change a tire....and I’m going to dump his useless ass when we get home!! 

lol. 

• Haha 2
  • FacePalm 1

27 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I love seeing the millennials sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire on their phones googling "how to change your tire".  Idiots

Their willful helplessness will be the doom of out nation. Americans used to pride themselves on self-sufficiency. 

• Agree 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Ya think?

I was responding to the guy telling me AR parts were in stock. I thought the caliber was obvious but I guess not.

This is a really helpful fucking forum.

Ya think?

I was responding to the guy telling me AR parts were in stock. I thought the caliber was obvious but I guess not.

Ya think?

12 minutes ago, ALC said:

A) I wasn't responding to you...

And 

B) if you are responding to someone, quote them. 

You should have hung out here the last couple years... when we all helped eachother find cheap and AVAILABLE ammo...

4 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

A) I wasn't responding to you...

And 

B) if you are responding to someone, quote them. 

You should have hung out here the last couple years... when we all helped eachother find cheap and AVAILABLE ammo...

Forget I asked.

10 minutes ago, ALC said:

Forget I asked.

I'm not sure what to tell ya, call some FFL's directly, they can tell you if they have any.. put up a want to buy post on here, maybe someone is willing to part with some. You can try and get on in stock notification email lists for websites, but I have found that so many people jump on them it can be gone by the time they send you an email.  

Ammo is always the first to go.. and it will be sporadic until at least next December... probably longer.

After the last time this happened, it took a few years for ammo to trickle back into the market, and then another few for prices to drop.. my point was dont expect a fire sale on it... people stack it deep.  All I saw after the last big gun boom was cheap AR stuff, and all the good stuff was sold out too!

6 hours ago, ALC said:

Forget I asked.

Oh stop.

It's not like you're a long standing member of the forum who's having trouble finding some rare part for a gun.  You're like a noob who opened the door to a new club and asked if anyone knows where to get toilet paper.

You're asking your question a few weeks too late.

Like JackDaWack said, it's going to take a long time for things to catch up.  If you have friends who shoot ask them if they have a box or two to spare, otherwise take it as a lesson learned and be sure to have some on hand for next time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Don't know if you guys saw it, but the ghoul (Murphy), put a squash on gun sales. No more gun transfers  going through.

This guy is a real gem. Even Cuomo hasn't stopped gun sales. My kids used to kid me about stock piling ammo. Not anymore.

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

@ALC - if you can get down to the Asbury Park area I have 7.62x39 I can sell.  It won’t be at “pre-Kung-flu” prices, but it will be less than the online gougers.

What do you have  just asking

4 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

@ALC - if you can get down to the Asbury Park area I have 7.62x39 I can sell.  It won’t be at “pre-Kung-flu” prices, but it will be less than the online gougers.

What do you have? Thanks I appreciate it.

I spoke to our own Jack JT Custom Guns  this am about possible putting a builder AR 223/556 up for sale. along with an AR .22 cal

it comprises all all name brand  high quality components .

I bought this in the 2009 frenzie.

It came with 300 rds or 223 AND 300 rds of .22 along with NJ legal mags (whick I have to recently buy

They are BOTH NJ Legal

I know the demand outweighs the supply but it did when I bought them as well.

I want what I paid for them $1800 nothing more.

BUT here's the caveat: Gov Bucky Beaver shut down NICS. It may re-open today, tomorrow, next week or next month who knows. But I am sure Jack will FFL the transaction for us.

This is a soft sell and Just throwing it out there. Ican list the components and Photos. Scopes are also included!

any interest pm me.

On 3/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, Displaced Texan said:

... I complimented her on her ability to change a tire. She told me her dad made her change a tire before she was allowed to get her drivers license. Yay dad! 

That was the rule in my house growing up, and will be the rule here one day.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Done - set aside a box of 20 7.62x39 steel cased FMJ for you.  Please don't ask me to deliver to Bayonne though...

I forgot why though.  Yeah, @Downtownv knows to skip exit 14A on the turnpike.

• Crazy 1