gleninjersey

Hydroxychloroquine Stop Corona Virus?

Anyone see the interview at end of Tucker? Guy who was on Fox day or two ago saying this inexpensive medicine showed promise.

He waa back tonight saying there was a controlled test in France that had 100% success.

Too good to be true?

Not the interview but believe thus is what he was talking about.  Sounds like stops transmissionand aids in recovery.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/French-researcher-in-Marseille-posts-successful-Covid-19-coronavirus-drug-trial-results

• Informative 1

I heard that earlier today. Hannity was saying on his radio program that someone was going provide more information about it tomorrow.   But there is another drug also showing some amount of effectiveness? Maybe an antiviral.

Hopefully they’ll be some good news on that front.

• Agree 1

Looks like the MSM's plan to destroy our economy and bring down the evil Orange Man have failed once again!  Back to life as usual in the next month and 30,000 by the November election!  May God praise President Trump.....The greatest President in the history of our country and the world! Thanks go out to the French as well of course!

• Agree 2

FDA is allowing the use of hydroxychloroquine, but advise against prophylactic use at this time.  Very promising in treating the illness.  Doctors could always write off label use but with the FDA now behind its use we can supply and administer a lot more of it.

coworker got the covid, went to bergen county test site for testing and 6 days later was confirmed positive, 103 fever felt like shit but no coughing or breathing issues.      doctor gave him the malaria drug and next day no fever and felt better.    so it seems to work.

I have to wonder why some states are not on board like NY with this drug ,  especially since it is FDA approved ,  what are they really waiting for?    

Just now, revenger said:

coworker got the covid, went to bergen county test site for testing and 6 days later was confirmed positive, 103 fever felt like shit but no coughing or breathing issues.      doctor gave him the malaria drug and next day no fever and felt better.    so it seems to work.

I have to wonder why some states are not on board like NY with this drug ,  especially since it is FDA approved ,  what are they really waiting for?    

This is the cynic in my right now

Why would they....?

To allow hope...?

To show we have tools to fight?

To possibly shorten the war?

Remember never let a good crisis go to waste....Mr this isn't Ebola Cuomo, possibly sees his rise to power continue...why would he take himself out of the limelight

On the other hand...maybe they just don't have enough....

Everything that is happening now, is not for this event.  They are really worried about next fall my gut is telling me...

36 minutes ago, revenger said:

Liberals are all worried about overpopulation and carbon credits and all that. They' probably be happy if a few hundred million people died. You know, for mother earth.

We know that COV-19 is very similar in molecular structure to SARS-Cov.

I ran across an NIH paper from 2005 referring to chloroquine vs SARS, indicating favorable results...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

I’ll have to go back through a few of the papers I was reading last night regarding the differences between the response of COV-19 and SARS to chloroquine ...something about a monoclonal antibody...anyway, I’ll find it and post it. Data on a molecular level is VERY encouraging. 

While this info is exciting on a molecular level,  human results can be completely different. We do know quite a bit about how chloroquine acts in human tissue after 50-60 years of this drug being used and studied, but empirical results are everything, and not everyone responds to a drug the same way. We shall see. 

BTW...I was excited to glance over a paper that indicated that a lab at UT Austin solved the molecular structure of COV-19 on one of the X-ray diffractiometers I personally installed/maintain...not that it’s a big deal, but sometimes it’s fun to see people I know impact the industry. 

• Thanks 2

Just another account from the front line.

I received a phone call on 3/25 that a good acquaintance of mine was sick with a 102 fever and was at home attended to by her husband. A voicemail, email and finally text message went unanswered until yesterday. I received a simple text reply that she was feeling better now, doesn't remember more than a couple hours over the last two weeks, lost 20 pounds and was not tested for COVID-19 by her doctor. But the assumption is that she had it. Hospitalization was not required.

And her husband is still OK, as far as they know.