45Doll

H.R. 5717 Is Waiting In The House

14 hours ago, dajonga said:

So, hypothetical questions here.

How will the gov know exactly what long guns we have? Most of my "evil" guns were bought at FFLs ( I now wish I had picked up a few more in 2018, in a then legal face-to-face transfer, with only an easily missplaced NJ COE). Are the FFL's records the only trace back to a buyer? Does the ATF ever sniff around the 4473s outside of an investigation of a crime?

If I was a FFL, and the gov was trying to find out who owned what by digging thru my records....well I dunno....I would think I would want to protect my customers information and uphold the constitution. Just a late night, whisky sipping question.

I made excellent use of my status of a Pennsylvania resident for long guns prior to a boating accident in my move across the river.  New Jersey wants to change that now too...

5 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

Perhaps you are too young to remember, but this did happen in 1994. 

Oh man, how many guns did the feds seize from you when they banned guns and confiscated them from everybody? Sorry for your loss.

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Do you not live in NJ? 

How can you say that and live in NJ? 

"Probably doesn't matter since whatever you have is already on the following list of banned guns.

I guess you win the dumbest fucking comment for the day..

Well, I purchased guns in the last few years. Neither the state nor police have bothered me over it. No one has come knocking on my door to take my guns or anyone else's that was done legally.

Just say it's the comment you disagree with most for the day. Because you'd deem the most brilliant posts in the world dumb if they don't support your opinions.

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

i dont recall obama going to jail for even one month

I don't recall Obama committing any crimes.

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

Oh man, how many guns did the feds seize from you when they banned guns and confiscated them from everybody? Sorry for your loss.

Well, I purchased guns in the last few years. Neither the state nor police have bothered me over it. No one has come knocking on my door to take my guns or anyone else's that was done legally.

Just say it's the comment you disagree with most for the day. Because you'd deem the most brilliant posts in the world dumb if they don't support your opinions.

Another brilliant response...

You purchased guns that NJ allowed you to. Most people in NJ are denied firearms they want.

I'm confident in calling you a fn moron. Because you don't understand that the list you posted earlier in this thread basically bans every semiautomatic rifle in the US... many of which people in NJ own...

What does siezing guns have to do with this? If they are banned, they are illegal.. kinda like Magazines...

You're attempting to gaslight the issue, typical liberal.. 

So its clear you don't even know what the gun laws in NJ are...

Obama?

Nah, he just sent guns down to mexico... no biggie..

Its not that I disagree with your comments.. your comments are factually wrong, and mostly retarded in logic.

nothing I have said is of "opinion".. 

These laws pass in NJ all the time, pretending like national democrats don't want the exact same thing is nonsense 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a response from Van Drew about his feelings on HR 5717.

"The Congressman agrees with you and does NOT support H.R.5717.  If it does come to the House Floor for a vote he will be voting NO."

1 congressperson down, 434 to go.

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

"The Congressman agrees with you and does NOT support H.R.5717.  If it does come to the House Floor for a vote he will be voting NO."

You should start with the Democrat Congressmen first....lets see how far you get.  Kinda like pissing into the wind.  We have been at this for YEARS already.   This is what you get when Democrats run things.  But we do appreciate ANY effort to stem the tide .

16 hours ago, Greenday said:

It isn't about guns being seized, it was the fact that the guns were made illegal and nobody could purchase any of the banned items. Are you saying that in order to be an infringement on my Second Amendment rights that the Federal Government has to seize items from me? That is not logical thought at all.  You clearly do not understand freedom.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Greenday said:

The concern is the democrats. Partisan politics and party line voting are problematic in this country. If its introduced by a dem, all dems will usually fall right in line and vote yes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greenday said:

Email Mikie Sherril... Let's see what that "moderate" has to say about it.

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

"And so Democrats move to raise the purchase price of firearms and ammunition so that only the richest 1% and their armed security guards can afford them."

Let's read it that way.

• Agree 3

20 hours ago, 45Doll said:

"And so Democrats move to raise the purchase price of firearms and ammunition so that only the richest 1% and their armed security guards can afford them."

Let's read it that way.

Did you happen to see who they quoted first?  Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga.  Mr. "Guam is gonna tip over." 

• Agree 1

Nothing from our senators on the issue. Wrote them but no response as I expected. Wrote to them again about lack of responses and also about the unrelated FISA bill they both voted Yea on to strip us of our Fourth Amendment rights. I'm sure there won't be a response either.

Van Drew quickly responded to my email about HR5717: "The Congressman agrees with you and does NOT support H.R.5717.  If it does come to the House Floor for a vote he will be voting NO."