45Doll

H.R. 5717 Is Waiting In The House

Actually, I think this is strategically a BAD time for them to try this! It will piss people off like crazy... including all those folks with a "sudden" COVID-19-related interest in guns! You don't launch a huge gun control bill just as the nation's people are feeling insecure. I hope they get a lot of blowback on this.

Perhaps everyone on here who's forced to sit home now anyway... should warm up their keyboards/phones and start contacting your legislators? I'll add that to my weekend chores! :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

The guy that introduced this bill, Hank Johnson, is the same guy who said if we stationed 8,000 Marines on the island of Guam, it might tip over and capsize.   Man, you can't make this stuff up.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tipping-point/

• Haha 2
  • FacePalm 1

It's not going to pass, but people need to be aware of this bullshit.

Have you guys seen the list of guns banned? Anything resembling an AR-15, anything resembling an AK-47. Guess my M&P 15-22 would be an assault rifle. Get fucked.

Bill Pascrell, Jr. is one of the co-sponsors. It's super early on, but maybe some of his District 9 constituents should flood his inbox and pay him a visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

It's not going to pass, but people need to be aware of this bullshit.

Have you guys seen the list of guns banned? Anything resembling an AR-15, anything resembling an AK-47. Guess my M&P 15-22 would be an assault rifle. Get fucked.

Bill Pascrell, Jr. is one of the co-sponsors. It's super early on, but maybe some of his District 9 constituents should flood his inbox and pay him a visit.

"People" ARE aware and have been for some time now.  If you would stop voting these people in office  we wouldnt be having  this problem.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

"People" ARE aware and have been for some time now.  If you would stop voting these people in office  we wouldnt be having  this problem.  Keep up the good work!

Some people vote based on more than one issue.

Some people vote based on more than one issue.

That is the problem! 

1. This legislation is blatantly unconstitutional!

2. A politicians first responsibility is to the constitution. 

3. The way a politician treats the constitution and specifically the 2nd Amendment should tell you all you need to know to not vote for that person. 

4. Every politician supporting gun control will not stop, they want to completely strip your right to own a gun. Take NJ  or example with magazine capacity, there once wasnt a magazine capacity limit, then it went to 15, then to 10, there has even been a 5 round magazine limit bill proposed that went nowhere. You can bet it will be back and passed if the current lawsuit against the 10 round limit is not successful. Do you see where this goes?  

5. See number 4 above. Everywhere in history and throughout the world where governments turned on their people, it was preceded or in conjunction with civilian disarmament!

6. The above is all you need to know, vote accordingly!

• Agree 1

The anti-American, Marxist Democrats will certainly entertain this pile of Schiff.

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

The anti-American, Marxist Democrats will certainly entertain this pile of Schiff.

The Republicans will watch some criminal buy guns for his friends and use them for crimes, then be like "We should only give him 1 month in jail. We wouldn't want it to seem like we are tough on guns."

The Republicans will watch some criminal buy guns for his friends and use them for crimes, then be like "We should only give him 1 month in jail. We wouldn't want it to seem like we are tough on guns."

You ought to get your facts straight.  Crime with a gun in NJ is 3-5 years mandatory...as per the Graves act.  Now tell me how many were plea bargained down to lesser charges.  What a dumb and ignorant statement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Yup good ole plea bargains, rarely do the gun charges stick. But we have these great fockin' laws! Followed by liberal judges tha feel sorry for Dazulu and  Datutsi. But Joe Blow will serve every day of that sentence.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

You ought to get your facts straight.  Crime with a gun in NJ is 3-5 years mandatory...as per the Graves act.  Now tell me how many were plea bargained down to lesser charges.  What a dumb and ignorant statement.

Unless the feds take over in which case their laws supercede NJ punishments.

Example

Person drove to Virginia, purchased handguns for her cousin and her cousin's boyfriend who didn't feel like waiting for FIDs, and gave them to them. Hours after giving the guns to unlicensed people, cops were called for shots fired. Oh, and one of those people she strawpurchased the guns for had been arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of unlawful possession of a handgun and two counts of possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose.

18 months. That's all she got. For travelling between states, purchasing guns for unlicensed buyers, one of whom was dealing with charges for violent crime. Maximum 5 year sentence and she got 18 months. This is the EXACT kind of thing that people freak out about when it comes to strawpurchasing. Federal enforcement of violent gun crime is notoriously weak.

HR 5717 allows for rifles to have one "evil feature" ... basically the detachable magazine.  Sadly, I believe a similar bill is hanging out in committee in the New Jersey Legislature.

It also has a lot of other things Booker was talking about during his short lived Prssidential run.

This is what a tyrant looks like when they remove your freedoms!

Gov Bucky Beaver.jpg

This is what A guy who's scared to death of having a Sea of 10,000 Black Hats screaming Anti-Semite on the capital Steps should he crackdown on the Lakewood Community for violating the Tyrant's rules

Gov Bucky Beaver.png

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

HR 5717 allows for rifles to have one "evil feature" ... basically the detachable magazine.  Sadly, I believe a similar bill is hanging out in committee in the New Jersey Legislature.

It also has a lot of other things Booker was talking about during his short lived Prssidential run.

Probably doesn't matter since whatever you have is already on the following list of banned guns.

“(37) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

“(H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof:

“(i) All AK types, including the following:

“(I) AK, AK47, AK47S, AK–74, AKM, AKS, ARM, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Rock River Arms LAR–47, SA85, SA93, Vector Arms AK–47, VEPR, WASR–10, and WUM.

“(II) IZHMASH Saiga AK.

“(III) MAADI AK47 and ARM.

“(IV) Norinco 56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S.

“(V) Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS.

“(ii) All AR types, including the following:

“(I) AR–10.

“(II) AR–15.

“(III) Alexander Arms Overmatch Plus 16.

“(IV) Armalite M15 22LR Carbine.

“(V) Armalite M15–T.

“(VI) Barrett REC7.

“(VII) Beretta AR–70.

“(VIII) Black Rain Ordnance Recon Scout.

“(IX) Bushmaster ACR.

“(X) Bushmaster Carbon 15.

“(XI) Bushmaster MOE series.

“(XII) Bushmaster XM15.

“(XIII) Chiappa Firearms MFour rifles.

“(XIV) Colt Match Target rifles.

“(XV) CORE Rifle Systems CORE15 rifles.

“(XVI) Daniel Defense M4A1 rifles.

“(XVII) Devil Dog Arms 15 Series rifles.

“(XVIII) Diamondback DB15 rifles.

“(XIX) DoubleStar AR rifles.

“(XX) DPMS Tactical rifles.

“(XXI) DSA Inc. ZM–4 Carbine.

“(XXII) Heckler & Koch MR556.

“(XXIII) High Standard HSA–15 rifles.

“(XXIV) Jesse James Nomad AR–15 rifle.

“(XXV) Knight’s Armament SR–15.

“(XXVI) Lancer L15 rifles.

“(XXVII) MGI Hydra Series rifles.

“(XXVIII) Mossberg MMR Tactical rifles.

“(XXIX) Noreen Firearms BN 36 rifle.

“(XXX) Olympic Arms.

“(XXXI) POF USA P415.

“(XXXII) Precision Firearms AR rifles.

“(XXXIII) Remington R–15 rifles.

“(XXXIV) Rhino Arms AR rifles.

“(XXXV) Rock River Arms LAR–15.

“(XXXVI) Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles and MCX rifles.

“(XXXVII) SKS with a detachable magazine.

“(XXXVIII) Smith & Wesson M&P15 rifles.

“(XXXIX) Stag Arms AR rifles.

“(XL) Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 and AR–556 rifles.

“(XLI) Uselton Arms Air-Lite M–4 rifles.

“(XLII) Windham Weaponry AR rifles.

“(XLIII) WMD Guns Big Beast.

“(XLIV) Yankee Hill Machine Company, Inc. YHM–15 rifles.

“(iii) Barrett M107A1.

“(iv) Barrett M82A1.

“(v) Beretta CX4 Storm.

“(vi) Calico Liberty Series.

“(vii) CETME Sporter.

“(viii) Daewoo K–1, K–2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C.

“(ix) Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL, LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000.

“(x) Feather Industries AT–9.

“(xi) Galil Model AR and Model ARM.

“(xii) Hi-Point Carbine.

“(xiii) HK–91, HK–93, HK–94, HK–PSG–1, and HK USC.

“(xiv) IWI TAVOR, Galil ACE rifle.

“(xv) Kel-Tec Sub-2000, SU–16, and RFB.

“(xvi) SIG AMT, SIG PE–57, Sig Sauer SG 550, Sig Sauer SG 551, and SIG MCX.

“(xvii) Springfield Armory SAR–48.

“(xviii) Steyr AUG.

“(xix) Sturm, Ruger & Co. Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M–14/20CF.

“(xx) All Thompson rifles, including the following:

“(I) Thompson M1SB.

“(II) Thompson T1100D.

“(III) Thompson T150D.

“(IV) Thompson T1B.

“(V) Thompson T1B100D.

“(VI) Thompson T1B50D.

“(VII) Thompson T1BSB.

“(VIII) Thompson T1–C.

“(IX) Thompson T1D.

“(X) Thompson T1SB.

“(XI) Thompson T5.

“(XII) Thompson T5100D.

“(XIII) Thompson TM1.

“(XIV) Thompson TM1C.

“(xxi) UMAREX UZI rifle.

“(xxii) UZI Mini Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine.

“(xxiii) Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78.

“(xxiv) Vector Arms UZI Type.

“(xxv) Weaver Arms Nighthawk.

“(xxvi) Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine.

This is going to pass. It won't pass right now but the next time we have a democrat president, house, and senate it will absolutely pass.  And, more bans will follow them.  There is nothing we can do to stop it because each of us is only one vote and it's obvious that a big chunk of the country either doesn't agree with us or doesn't care about this one civil right.

The only place this stuff has any chance of getting stopped is in the Supreme Court. In the last election, judge appointments was the most important issue and it will be the most important issue in the next one.  We can elect a president and stop this stuff for 4 years but if that president appoints a justice to SCOTUS, we can stop this stuff for 30 years. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, maintenanceguy said:

This is going to pass. It won't pass right now but the next time we have a democrat president, house, and senate it will absolutely pass.

Yea, that gets said every time the Democrats trifecta and somehow we still have guns anyway.

36 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Yea, that gets said every time the Democrats trifecta and somehow we still have guns anyway.

Good point, but I think the sentiment has taken a hard left turn, and the antis are a lot more open about their intentions than ever before.

54 minutes ago, Greenday said:

When they come for yours are you going to give it to them?  Because you would still have other issues that matter more right?  Re-elect more Democrats and find out?  They wont EVER take our guns right?  You need to wake up to their scheme.  They certainly have you fooled.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

So, hypothetical questions here.

How will the gov know exactly what long guns we have? Most of my "evil" guns were bought at FFLs ( I now wish I had picked up a few more in 2018, in a then legal face-to-face transfer, with only an easily missplaced NJ COE). Are the FFL's records the only trace back to a buyer? Does the ATF ever sniff around the 4473s outside of an investigation of a crime?

If I was a FFL, and the gov was trying to find out who owned what by digging thru my records....well I dunno....I would think I would want to protect my customers information and uphold the constitution. Just a late night, whisky sipping question.

14 hours ago, father-of-three said:

HR 5717 allows for rifles to have one "evil feature" ... basically the detachable magazine. 

If you are to be allowed only one, make it count.   Pick the grenade launcher.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Greenday said:

i dont recall obama going to jail for even one month

16 hours ago, Greenday said:

Do you not live in NJ? 

How can you say that and live in NJ? 

"Probably doesn't matter since whatever you have is already on the following list of banned guns.

I guess you win the dumbest fucking comment for the day..

5 hours ago, 10X said:

If you are to be allowed only one, make it count.   Pick the grenade launcher.

The bill does make my head spin a bit in that they want to ban the rather inexpensive hi point carbines that were built to comply with the so-called assault weapons ban of 1994, but they are ok with SKS rifles in their original configuration, which apparently includes the Yugoslavian variety!