Ray Ray

SOCOM16, perfect or ridiculous?

On 3/24/2020 at 8:05 PM, Screwball said:

Maybe you aren’t following me... I want it to punch through stuff. That is the whole point of having the M855 available. Level IIIA armor, possibly Level III armor, glass windshields, etc. I have four magazines on my carrier; two with red bands (.223 labeled), two with green (5.56mm labeled). My pistol is loaded with a red banded 20 rounder.

Red marked magazines are Hornady CD. Green marked magazines are M855.

I don't think that m855 does what you think it does.. 
its good for defeating light cover... it is not great (that I am aware of) at penetrating armor.. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, vladtepes said:

its good for defeating light cover... it is not great (that I am aware of) at penetrating armor.. 

Out if 20" barrel and 75-175 yds it does. 

13 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Yeah, x51 DESTROYS x39 in a 16 inch barrel using M80 ball.

X39 DESTROYS x51 in an 8.5 inch barrel.

That video shows how much better 7.62x39 is as it is way more flexible of a round :hi:

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Out if 20" barrel and 75-175 yds it does. 

the point was more xm855 doesn't always do what people think it does.. not so much anything about this specific setup.. or a direct correlation to the AR platform.. it was just to show that people think the steel tip round is good against armor.. maybe soft armor... but xm193 will also go right through soft armor.. so you are not really getting anything more out of the 855.. except what I already stated.. the ability to get through light cover better.. 

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

That video shows how much better 7.62x39 is as it is way more flexible of a round :hi:

in a shorter barrel, yes.  In a 16 inch barrel, the 308 is at least 200 FPS faster and heavier.

13 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

the point was more xm855 doesn't always do what people think it does.. not so much anything about this specific setup.. or a direct correlation to the AR platform.. it was just to show that people think the steel tip round is good against armor.. maybe soft armor... but xm193 will also go right through soft armor.. so you are not really getting anything more out of the 855.. except what I already stated.. the ability to get through light cover better.. 

Totally on board

16 hours ago, vladtepes said:

M855 “green tip” was designed to defeat Soviet helmets at 300 yards. It was designed for a time when we were preparing for a conflict when the Commie Hordes would come pouring through the Fulda Gap. 

We realized in the late 80’s early 90’s that the round flat sucks against unarmored folks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

M855 “green tip” was designed to defeat Soviet helmets at 300 yards. It was designed for a time when we were preparing for a conflict with those Commie Hordes pouring through the Fulda Gap. 

We realized in the late 80’s early 90’s that the round sucks against unarmored folks.

Green tip doesn't do anything good, except keep going through whatever you just shot.  

• Agree 1

On 3/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, Ray Ray said:

For some reason, this rifle speaks to me.  I got her as a birthday present last year and she has not disappointed.   I decided that she needed to be pressed into service, so I made some "upgrades".

Sadlak Industries front rail

Sadlak Industries enlarged magazine release 

Specter Gear 3 point sling

Inforce WMLX 

Primary Arms microdot on an American Defense quick detach mount. 

My question, is this heavy bitch an overkill or done right?

20200320_230819.jpg

I swear to God you're an a$$  :p

Now I have to buy one as I keep coming back to this.  I may do Garand platform in 308 however but still, the itch is strong!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I swear to God you're an a$$  :p

Now I have to buy one as I keep coming back to this.  I may do Garand platform in 308 however but still, the itch is strong!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Garand in 308, seems silly.  A Garand in 30-06, is perfect.  Just get one and be happy.

9 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

A Garand in 308, seems silly.  A Garand in 30-06, is perfect.  Just get one and be happy.

Have several garands but want a shorter one in 308.  The problem with modern sa products are parts are shit.  U need usgi

49 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Have several garands but want a shorter one in 308.  The problem with modern sa products are parts are shit.  U need usgi

Not true.  Mine is doing fine.  Most do fine.  Are there some lemons?  Yup.  Everyone makes a lemon.  And anyways, what will you be doing with yours?  Taking a hill in Afghanistan?  Kicking in doors in Syria?  How many rounds do you plan on popping off a year?  1,000?  The rifle will last longer than your grandkids.

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

Not true.  Mine is doing fine.  Most do fine.  Are there some lemons?  Yup.  Everyone makes a lemon.  And anyways, what will you be doing with yours?  Taking a hill in Afghanistan?  Kicking in doors in Syria?  How many rounds do you plan on popping off a year?  1,000?  The rifle will last longer than your grandkids.

not true and I only shoot 1k rounds a year out my rifle are two different things.  Let me have it for a year and I'll go through 2 of those mim shit SA extractors and your rod. 

some of us shoot as in we shoot a lot and others, their weapons look pretty.....

1 minute ago, RUTGERS95 said:

not true and I only shoot 1k rounds a year out my rifle are two different things.  Let me have it for a year and I'll go through 2 of those mim shit SA extractors and your rod. 

some of us shoot as in we shoot a lot and others, their weapons look pretty.....

I'm not understanding you.   Do you not customize your firearms?  There are plenty of aftermarket support for M1As and the like.  I already upgraded the magazine release and forward rail section.  

But, do as you wish.  You don't have to buy one.  I'm happy with mine.  

25 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

200 yards, steel target, iron sights, steel cased ammo.  Ringing steel.  

20190601_093308.jpg

20190601_145813.jpg

20190601_102531.jpg

Nice...cute....500 rounds a year cute....lol

Love the set up however....

See, i love you guys.  Its all in good spirits!!!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Don’t be a hater my hat.... it’s not a good look for you

not a hater, it's all in good fun!  I love his rig

although the usgi vs the shit SA parts is legit.

myhat is coming back soon, getting tired of this alter ego...lol

5 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Ya... the dual names is just weird people... 

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I don't understand your reasoning.  USGI isn't the be-all and end-all of the world.  I also don't understand the rhetoric that MIM is shit and forged is the only way.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, Ray Ray said:

For some reason, this rifle speaks to me.  I got her as a birthday present last year and she has not disappointed.   I decided that she needed to be pressed into service, so I made some "upgrades".

Sadlak Industries front rail

Sadlak Industries enlarged magazine release 

Specter Gear 3 point sling

Inforce WMLX 

Primary Arms microdot on an American Defense quick detach mount. 

My question, is this heavy bitch an overkill or done right?

20200320_230819.jpg

Is that a 22LR?  

It's all right, but I prefer the Scout Squad.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Is that a 22LR?  

It's all right, but I prefer the Scout Squad.

No silly girl, it's a 308.  Like an AK round, only for men.

I like that one too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, Ray Ray said:

You should post some pictures here, since you love them so much.

I wish i could.  It says ive exceeded my limit or some other bs.  I meant to ask maks about that.  How i clear it out.  Ill send pics to #cmjeepster and maybe he can post it for me. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

I wish i could.  It says ive exceeded my limit or some other bs.  I meant to ask maks about that.  How i clear it out.  Ill send pics to #cmjeepster and maybe he can post it for me. 

Me too, can't post pics