Ray Ray

SOCOM16, perfect or ridiculous?

On 4/14/2020 at 12:00 AM, Ray Ray said:

I don't understand your reasoning.  USGI isn't the be-all and end-all of the world.  I also don't understand the rhetoric that MIM is shit and forged is the only way.

This is the way...

Seriously though, most reputable companies do not put their name on junk. Anything can fail, but a good company stands behind their product.

21 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

IMG_3914small.jpeg

You couldn't move the TV remotes?  Jesus Christ. 

Okay, the OD green one is good looking.   PSA has some really cool color options like black camo and woodland camo.  The other two are like 12 pounds, definitely a bench rifle setup. 

• Like 1

Thanks cm.   The one on the left is a standard that got an overhaul from carl leisig.  The leading US m1a gunsmith.  Its a tack driver.  Trigger job.  Tuned harmonic rod and peep sights for 1/2 moa adjustment.  Less than 1 moa rifle.  Btw.  The mounts are for Sale.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Thanks cm.   The one on the left is a standard that got an overhaul from carl leisig.  The leading US m1a gunsmith.  Its a tack driver.  Trigger job.  Tuned harmonic rod and peep sights for 1/2 moa adjustment.  Less than 1 moa rifle.  Btw.  The mounts are for Sale.  

You guys just reminded me to call uncle @GRIZ and check on him. He knows his M1a shit

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Okay, the OD green one is good looking.   PSA has some really cool color options like black camo and woodland camo.  The other two are like 12 pounds, definitely a bench rifle setup. 

Not mine.  Posted on behalf of @Golf battery as he's ultra busy with his business and keeping me entertained.

2 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Thanks cm.  Btw.  The mounts are for Sale.  

Anytime, brother.

Any meat left in them?  I haven't had stew in years.  ;-)

What.  Like serial numbers?   They are far from bench setups. These are fighting rifles.   How many wars and conflicts have we used them in.   And currently are still using them. Sorry.  But i don’t understand what you’re asking

58 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

What.  Like serial numbers?   They are far from bench setups. These are fighting rifles.   How many wars and conflicts have we used them in.   And currently are still using them. Sorry.  But i don’t understand what you’re asking

They're friggen 12 pounds dude.  They need a wheel on the barrel to roll them around. 

I want better pictures, ask your husband (or wife?) @CMJeepster to take better pictures.

7 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

They're friggen 12 pounds dude.  They need a wheel on the barrel to roll them around. 

I want better pictures, ask your husband (or wife?) @CMJeepster to take better pictures.

I helped a friend.  Settle down, Beavis.

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

@Ray Ray wants your phone number, dude.  Don't give it to him.

• Haha 2

Ray ray.   As per your response of they are 12 lbs.  if you have girly arms.  Well you should lift weights or something.   Thats not my issue if 12 lb weights are too heavy for you.  I have no problem with that rifle standing.  Neither does the military.   Idk what to tell you.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Also.  If you tap on the photo.  It comes up very clear.  You can then dissect the photo at full clarity if that helps.   

I can see your remote controls, who takes a picture with their crappy TV remotes in the way?

I'll tell you what run around the block with a 12 pound piece of pipe in your hand and then get back to me.  

9 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I can see your remote controls, who takes a picture with their crappy TV remotes in the way?

I'll tell you what run around the block with a 12 pound piece of pipe in your hand and then get back to me.  

You might wanna apologize now and get it out of the way.  @Golf battery is a lean, mean landscaping machine.

Thats a fair price.  I got mine for 1k at tanners.  It was used    Maybe had 50 rds down it.  You can tell usage by the wear on the underside of the bolt.   After i bought it i realised it was shooting way off.  They put the wrong height front sight post on it from the factory.   I had tanners send it back free of charge.  Springfield sent it back.   No problems.   That’s probably why the last owner sold it.  My gain. Btw.  The m1a is probably my most favorite rifle to shoot.  Other than the m107a1.  Cant wait till i move to nc.  To shoot it suppressed.    If i owned one.  Btw.   Did I mention the mounts are for sale?:D make offer

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 2:02 PM, Ray Ray said:

Okay, the OD green one is good looking.   PSA has some really cool color options like black camo and woodland camo.  The other two are like 12 pounds, definitely a bench battle rifle setup. 

Fixed it for you.

• Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

Fixed it for you.

My 308 AR10 weighs maybe 8lbs, lol

That's with an 18" barrel, too. 

Pretty sure the SCAR 17 is about 8lbs too..

If the weight added something, maybe.. but by today's standard so many better options.. 

Not trying to "bash" the gun, because I still LOVE the old school M1 style.. aesthetically it's probably my favorite. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

My 308 AR10 weighs maybe 8lbs, lol

That's with an 18" barrel, too. 

Pretty sure the SCAR 17 is about 8lbs too..

If the weight added something, maybe.. but by today's standard so many better options.. 

Not trying to "bash" the gun, because I still LOVE the old school M1 style.. aesthetically it's probably my favorite. 

The M1A standard with walnut stock is 9lbs 3oz. How much does your AR10 weigh with AR accessories like optics, etc?

9 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

The M1A standard with walnut stock is 9lbs 3oz. How much does your AR10 weigh with AR accessories like optics, etc?

It would probably weigh as much with accessories, but that doesn't really help the argument if it can be accessorized and still weigh the same. Like i said, Im not tryna bash the rifle, it was certainly the battle rifle of choice in the past.