45Doll

ANJRPC Sues NJ Over FFL and NICS Closures

Gun dealers are not considered an essential business, and they’re not happy about it

Gov. Phil Murphy’s executive order to close all non-essential retail business has forced gun dealers, who were experiencing a spike in sales amid the anxiety surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, to shut down.

On Saturday, the online service used to process background checks for firearm dealers, the New Jersey National Instant Criminal Background Check System, told stores they can no longer process requests.

“Per Executive Order 107, (Murphy) is ordering the residents of New Jersey to stay home, directing all non-essential retail businesses closed to the public,” a notice on the online system states. “At this time, the order includes New Jersey Firearms State Licensed Dealers.”

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/gun-dealers-are-not-considered-an-essential-business-and-theyre-not-happy-about-it.html

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

And!!!!    Remember they stopped private sales in nj also last year.  Its all a deep state plan

If they succeed with their plan.....That means we did nothing to stop them and we deserve what we get for that inaction!

12 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Indoor and outdoor ranges are closed as well by executive order 107 according to CNJFO. Liquor stores? Somehow they're essential and still open. 

I assume they decided it was better to keep them open vs. close them and have people breaking in.....

5 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Indoor and outdoor ranges are closed as well by executive order 107 according to CNJFO. Liquor stores? Somehow they're essential and still open. 

The range closures infuriate me, especially for the outdoor ranges.  Separation of stations on a trap range exceeds the 6' social distancing recommendation, even at the 16 yard line.  The same goes for separation between firing ports at most outdoor rifle and pistol ranges.   

Restrict gatherings in the clubhouse if you must.  Maybe restrict the number of people in a pit, where the firing line isn't well defined.

But to restrict people from standing on well-separated, numbered concrete stations outdoors?   The firing line enforces social distancing in a way that you'll never see with other activities that are still allowed.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

7 minutes ago, 10X said:

The range closures infuriate me, especially for the outdoor ranges.  Separation of stations on a trap range exceeds the 6' social distancing recommendation, even at the 16 yard line.  The same goes for separation between firing ports at most outdoor rifle and pistol ranges.   

Restrict gatherings in the clubhouse if you must.  Maybe restrict the number of people in a pit, where the firing line isn't well defined.

But to restrict people from standing on well-separated, numbered concrete stations outdoors?   The firing line enforces social distancing in a way that you'll never see with other activities that are still allowed.   

The indoor ranges are probably just as safe, if not more.. they have active filter systems that cost millions....

I'm curious if they have the legal authority to even close down these private ranges like anjrpc

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 10X said:

Some of the indoor ranges have sophisticated air filtration systems. I would think places like GFH, RTSP, and some of the other ranges have cleaner air than a lot of the places still open. 

Just now, ChrisJM981 said:

Some of the indoor ranges have sophisticated air filtration systems. I would think places like GFH, RTSP, and some of the other ranges have cleaner air than a lot of the places still open. 

Please don't confuse the Gov with facts. It only makes him more confused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 10X said:

Couldn't agree more.  I work 2 jobs and rarely gat a day off where I am not going somewhere with the kids or doing something that needs to get done.  I could easily have taken the family or at least one of the kids shooting a couple times to give us something to do.  

Whether in a pit, trap or skeet or on the range we can easily maintain 6+ feet of separation.   Feels like the liberal NJ politicians are just putting it to us again!

22 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Yes.  I was told that the range in Flemington used to be a perfume factory, so it already had a top notch air filtration system.

16 hours ago, Golf battery said:

And!!!!    Remember they stopped private sales in nj also last year.  Its all a deep state plan

Precedent setting.

The more cuts they can add at time like this the more it bleeds into "normal" life.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Precedent setting.

The more cuts they can add at time like this the more it bleeds into "normal" life.

"They" have been adjusting and tweaking that new normal since 1966. 

26 minutes ago, drjjpdc said:

What I have a problem is isn't the State Police open? They do our NICS checks.

Its under the guidance of the NJSP, the people that do the NJ NICS checks are considered non-essential employees which likely means they are regular old state employees and not SP themselves,  so if it looks like bad weather/snow they shutdown.

Now compare that with PA when you buy a firearm there the vendor calls the NICS folks directly whereas in NJ you have that extra layer of bureaucracy. The NJ FFL calls the NJSP and then they call NICS, its a middle man thing. One of the forum FFL’s could chime in and provide better detailed info.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FXDX said:

Its under the guidance of the NJSP, the people that do the NJ NICS checks are considered non-essential employees which likely means they are regular old state employees and not SP themselves,  so if it looks like bad weather/snow they shutdown.

Now compare that with PA when you buy a firearm there the vendor calls the NICS folks directly whereas in NJ you have that extra layer of bureaucracy. The NJ FFL calls the NJSP and then they call NICS, its a middle man thing. One of the forum FFL’s could chime in and provide better detailed info.

Pa is a point of contact state like nj. Pics.

• Informative 1