45Doll

ANJRPC Sues NJ Over FFL and NICS Closures

10 hours ago, JimB1 said:

Well, unfortunately the real issue is that if you do not have a purchase permit in NJ before an event like this happens, you are pretty much screwed regardless of weather the stores are open or NICS is working. You'd need to know at least a month in advance that you will need a gun in order to get the purchase permit. If that delay isn't fixed, who cares if the shops are open, everyone who has a permit already has guns and probably at least some ammo on hand. It's the folks that do not during this type of action that are going to be SOL.

-Jim

Then, stuck in the middle are people like me: I just received an FID card and two permits to purchase about a week before everything got shut down. I applied many months before I had ever heard the term "Coronavirus." The gun I ordered is at the store ready for pickup, but of course I can't go pick it up. So if this shutdown continues past the expiration date of my permits, then what? I called the police station and they're not taking visitors from the public now to process renewals. My permit could theoretically expire and I won't be able to use it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

I didnt say that at all. 

I'd love to know who all the first time gun buyers all voted for tho.

I agree, I believe a disclosure would show the majority of first time gun buyers is the epidemy of hypocrisy  

Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

MICHELE EVE SANDBERG/AFP via Getty
AWR Hawkins
28 Mar 2020943
2:20

President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

The DHS guidelines list as essential: workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.

• Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.

The Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb commented on the DHS declaration, saying, “Every freedom loving American owes President Trump and his administration a very big thank you for protecting our Second Amendment Rights. This is another Trump promise made and promise kept.”

The DHS declaration comes just days after Governor Phil Murphy (D) laughed in the face of a man who expressed concern that the statewide shutdown in New Jersey had put an end to gun sales, thereby eliminating the ability to get a firearm for self-defense.

This is all well and good, but is NJ opened firearm businesses, ranges, NICS? In the probability have not and will not what actions can be expeditely taken?

OK folks.... this is an edit to the above and what will have to be countered..... Seems the law suit will have to continue

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-03-28/us-agency-includes-gun-sellers-as-critical-infrastructure

"WASHINGTON (AP) — A gun rights group is cheering the Trump administration's designation of the firearms industry, including retailers, as part of the nation's critical infrastructure during the coronavirus emergency.

The designation by the federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is advisory. The agency notes that the designation does not override determinations by individual jurisdictions of what they consider critical infrastructure sectors."

In other words its a toothless tiger

4 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Well, if nothing else it’s “Exhibit A”. 

It creates additional reasons for an appeals court to take the case. Whether it's the 3rd 2nd or 9th. And could even fast track it. States will argue the power given to them by the 10th amendment, which is why that directive is worded so..indicating states rights. But it does not give them the power to override individual rights without a hefty explanation to a)the undue burden placed on the individual and b) how it effectively protects the general public. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

His executive order has no authority on a federal installation.  Unfortunately, Range 14 is the only Morale, Welfare, and Recreation range (MWR) in New Jersey.  The Picatinny Arsenal and Earle Naval Weapons Station have 25 meter ranges but they are for their DOD police departments only.

But they are going along with the Gov on the public range. The military ranges are wide open.

39 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

It creates additional reasons for an appeals court to take the case. Whether it's the 3rd 2nd or 9th. And could even fast track it. States will argue the power given to them by the 10th amendment, which is why that directive is worded so..indicating states rights. But it does not give them the power to override individual rights without a hefty explanation to a)the undue burden placed on the individual and b) how it effectively protects the general public. 

Good point Jack. For NJ it would be the 3rd circuit, where we now have a majority in case the District court goes along with the Murph. In addition if the Rogers vs Grewal case in the SCOTUS already gets sent back down to the Appeals Court (the shall -may requirement to deny carry permits) we have a majority, so things related to guns in NJ are starting to look better for the future. BTW, we have no chance in District court in NJ because there are 7 lib appointed judges and only 4 conservatives. 

16 hours ago, PeteF said:

I think Murphy will ignore this and do what he wants.  Maybe it will give the NJ2AS more pull in the courts with the lawsuit.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

I think Murphy will ignore this and do what he wants.

I believe Murphy did this, after watching everyone hoarding groceries and the panic at the gun shops. He knows after a few weeks, that the natives would get really restless, and social unrest will grow, so he closed down the gun shops, so the pissed off people couldn't use the last few dollars of their credit card lines, to go buy firearms, and go "hunting".

But, he forgot, Home Depot is still open for pitchfork and torch sales:

mob1.jpg?w=584

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

Maybe it will give the NJ2AS more pull in the courts with the lawsuit.

Actually, TWO lawsuits are working their way through - the NJ2AS (with SAF)... and the other ANJRPC (with coordination from NRA). I'm guessing both will leverage this latest Federal guidance.

• Agree 2

Should of forced their hand.

Either I’m going inside to the press conference or your placing me in handcuffs and I’m going in the back of the patrol car. 

A New Jersey police credential is not required nor intended for use related to covering municipal, county or state government meetings. Nor is it for access to events, e.g. sports and entertainment. In such cases, an identification card issued by the employing news organization may be presented.”  - NJPA web site 

6 minutes ago, 0Jeep4 said:

Should of forced their hand.

Either I’m going inside to the press conference or your placing me in handcuffs and I’m going in the back of the patrol car. 

Alex has more Balls than a bowling alley, there's probably a good reason for doing it the way he did it. The state troopers looked like Boot Jack nazis.

In NJ a large majority of LEO's truly believe only THEY should be the only ones to own guns

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Alex has more Balls than a bowling alley, there's probably a good reason for doing it the way he did it. The state troopers looked like Boot Jack nazis.

In NJ a large majority of LEO's truly believe only THEY should be the only ones to own guns

The reason is simple, the press pass he claims to have is not intended to give him access to the press conference... 

You can even hear the cop at the door clarify this, and CORRECTED himself when he went to say the wrong one.

I would expect a little more honestly in this situation as these press conferences are being limited in who can attend due to over crowding the room. On THIS day he decided to film himself entering after how many other times? It sounds like he knew already there was going to be added certs to enter on this day...

So I’m new to this but from what I just gathered. You need to be part of a large organization and approved by the State Police in order to get access.  Sounds like a perfect way to stop “free” press and investigative journalism. 

@JackDaWack

thanks for information. Sounds more like this was publicity stunt now. 

15 minutes ago, 0Jeep4 said:

So I’m new to this but from what I just gathered. You need to be part of a large organization and approved by the State Police in order to get access.  Sounds like a perfect way to stop “free” press and investigative journalism. 

@JackDaWack

thanks for information. Sounds more like this was publicity stunt now. 

I've tried to look, and I cant seem to find any information on how to obtain press access to these press conferences.. I think normally they just make sure you are certified, but so far i can only find 2.. an Athletics press pass and the NJPA.. Neither give strict access to anything related to local or state government meetings..

SO it would seem that since there is not an actually licensing authority in NJ, they can cut off press access anytime they want and pencil in only the names of people they want there. 

• FacePalm 1

26 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

SO it would seem that since there is not an actually licensing authority in NJ, they can cut off press access anytime they want and pencil in only the names of people they want there. 

Figured that be the case. The more I look into stuff. The more frightened I become. 

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

On THIS day he decided to film himself entering after how many other times? It sounds like he knew already there was going to be added certs to enter on this day...

It is possible he's recorded other days but had no reason to publish? Or he started to record once he realized there was going to be an issue? We don't know what happened before the video he posted.

37 minutes ago, kc17 said:

It is possible he's recorded other days but had no reason to publish? Or he started to record once he realized there was going to be an issue? We don't know what happened before the video he posted.

I would like a little more context with the video. Were other individuals requested the same press credentials being the most important. 

He seemed to be confused when they asked him for a press credential. Why didnt he just hand the one he had to them? It seems like he knew one way or another he wasn't getting in before knocking on the door. 

I dont doubt they dont want him there, but it's also a time right now where they dont want anyone there. Who is being allowed to ask the govenor "questions" on tv will be heavily regulated... 

Ain't that a bitch?

48 minutes ago, Old_Hunter said:

Seems after so many days of compelling questions to the Governor, Alex wore out his welcome. 

This only reveals the darker side of things brewing within our State government.  

I’ll give him credit. 

https://deadline.com/2018/11/cnn-sues-donald-trump-white-house-jim-acosta-pulled-credentials-1202500924/

Any similarities?

I mistakenly thought this was in the 1A lounge... someone "helpfully" pointed that out. :facepalm:

Posters - it's so easy to forget where these posts are! I hid my own overtly political post and few others. Going forward, please try to keep the discussion to "just the facts, ma'am" of the pending lawsuits, etc. THANKS!

Since this is NOT in 1A, I will keep this brief and "polite". Link to video of part of the press conference. Murphey couldn't resist a dig at Alex and claims he did not intend to prevent him access to prior press conference.

https://www.facebook.com/drcline/videos/10101121351649915/