45Doll

ANJRPC Sues NJ Over FFL and NICS Closures

7 minutes ago, kc17 said:

That update came through my email this morning and I just now had a chance to actually read and ponder it.

Clearly, I call BS on closing all ranges. Even more so outdoor and private.

I am undecided if I fully agree with the decision by ANJRPC to drop the matter (or at least not file a lawsuit) at this time. Reasonable people can debate that.  What I am fully pleased with is the transparency and explanation behind the decision.

At the very least they should extend the range membership of every member for the time that the range remains closed. If they don't do that they don't deserve your money.

2 hours ago, kc17 said:

That update came through my email this morning and I just now had a chance to actually read and ponder it.

Clearly, I call BS on closing all ranges. Even more so outdoor and private.

I am undecided if I fully agree with the decision by ANJRPC to drop the matter (or at least not file a lawsuit) at this time. Reasonable people can debate that.  What I am fully pleased with is the transparency and explanation behind the decision.

Except they didnt close "all" ranges.  The police ranges are still open.  Are police any less likely to have /transmit this virus?  Nope.  So why are police ranges open but private ranges not?

Yeah, I know.  Its a rhetorical question.

8 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Except they didnt close "all" ranges.  The police ranges are still open.  Are police any less likely to have /transmit this virus?  Nope.  So why are police ranges open but private ranges not?

Yeah, I know.  Its a rhetorical question.

I was in Edison a few times this week — South Plainfield police range was certainly being used

I would think the police got their hands full, range time, wouldn't be their priority or is it?I would think the police got their hands full, range time, wouldn't be their priority or is it?

5 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

I would think the police got their hands full, range time, wouldn't be their priority or is it?I would think the police got their hands full, range time, wouldn't be their priority or is it?

They need to certify every 6 months. The whole county doesn’t do it on the same day.

54 minutes ago, Zeke said:

They need to certify every 6 months. The whole county doesn’t do it on the same day.

Ok,  you buying that? Under State of emergency they need to still qualify? How Many cops are quarantined? They are down in Manpower and you thing this BS qualification MUST take place?

Makes My Radar step up a level .....

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Ok,  you buying that? Under State of emergency they need to still qualify? How Many cops are quarantined? They are down in Manpower and you thing this BS qualification MUST take place?

Not that i think they NEED to do it right now.... but i bet they will anyway due to the liability.. 

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

We have to qualify 2x a year with a minimum of 3 months between quals.

With many towns sharing ranges, it is not something that can just “happen” last minute or without long term scheduling.

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

The AGs office has suspended/extended many training requirements/deadlines.

They will not extend or suspend firearms qualifications.

Yes it is a priority, and yes we are qualifying people.

• Informative 1

If the cops need to qualify, then so do the citizens.   If LE can carry concealed or have standard capacity magazines, then so should the people.   If the people cannot talk on cell phones and drive, then neither should the police/politicians/government officials, etc.

If the private sector should be furlowed then so should non-essential government employees.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

With many towns sharing ranges, it is not something that can just “happen” last minute or without long term scheduling.

Thank you for you're clarification. I was wondering when a LEO was going to weigh in.

17 hours ago, High Exposure said:

My comment was not meant as a dig at cops.  Its just a simple fact that shooting is a perishable skill.  If cops need to practice to be proficient so do regular people.  Are LEO's any less likely to spread a virus than regular people? 

It was just meant to show the hypocrisy of the "shutdown".

• Agree 1