Jump to content
45Doll

ANJRPC Sues NJ Over FFL and NICS Closures

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

FARS is open. I just applied for some purchase permits (big surprise) and everything is functional.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I cannot be 100% sure but my understanding was FARS was never down. My FID application has continued through the process it was just with the indefinite shutdown all the 90 day permits could have expired prior to the ban being lifted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CF1782 said:

I cannot be 100% sure but my understanding was FARS was never down. My FID application has continued through the process it was just with the indefinite shutdown all the 90 day permits could have expired prior to the ban being lifted. 

You are probably correct. Just my addled senior brain conflating FARS & NICS. Too many damn acronyms, or as I like to say: TMDA.

SNAFU

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The law suit should go forward. Ranges have barriers between lanes, so murphy can't say its to stop the spread of the virus. It would be the most isolation compliant business open. Also this proves every thing he does is ideologically motivated. It holds an entity, that allows exercising a constitutional right that he himself De Facto concedes to being essential, to higher standards than a liquor store (that it seems he thought was essential from the very beginning, who's product potentially promotes ciaos and violence) , appointment only, sanitize the store after every customer leaves. This goes to prove its nothing more than attack on 2A. As I said, the law suit should go forward to reverse the above two instances. Everything he's said about the issue since his EO will make an excellent argument in court as to his underling reasons.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fslater said:

The law suit should go forward. Ranges have barriers between lanes, so murphy can't say its to stop the spread of the virus. It would be the most isolation compliant business open. Also this proves every thing he does is ideologically motivated. It holds an entity, that allows exercising a constitutional right that he himself De Facto concedes to being essential, to higher standards than a liquor store (that it seems he thought was essential from the very beginning, who's product potentially promotes ciaos and violence) , appointment only, sanitize the store after every customer leaves. This goes to prove its nothing more than attack on 2A. As I said, the law suit should go forward to reverse the above two instances. Everything he's said about the issue since his EO will make an excellent argument in court as to his underling reasons.

You're right.  ANJRPC and NJ2AS should use Murphy's public statements against him just like the liberal groups did against Trump when they challenged his EOs on illegal immigrants.  His comments belie the ostensible public purpose rationalizations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the President and staff right now present their modeling charts of potential deaths, with New York and New Jersey #1 and #2 with projected fatality numbers;  I doubt they’ll be opening any ranges in New Jersey until May. 

Dry-fire in your basement may be your best bet for a while. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ranges will be open soon enough if they keep pressing but I'm against opening Indoor ranges. Most if not all have special high pressure HVAC systems for the range to remove lead fumes. Some of the indoor ranges I've gone to the airflow has been strong enough where you're still inhaling the blowback, if there are shooters there unknowingly carrying the virus the risk of pollenating others is pretty high. 

I'm not opposed to outdoor clubs being open, after all they're not public businesses.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

ranges will be open soon enough if they keep pressing but I'm against opening Indoor ranges. Most if not all have special high pressure HVAC systems for the range to remove lead fumes. Some of the indoor ranges I've gone to the airflow has been strong enough where you're still inhaling the blowback, if there are shooters there unknowingly carrying the virus the risk of pollenating others is pretty high. 

I'm not opposed to outdoor clubs being open, after all they're not public businesses.

If you are sucking fumes, the exhaust is designed wrong.  It is supposed to be blown from behind you downrange where it is filtered and exhausted.  How is a place that is filtering and venting air worse than say going to the super market where there is ZERO airflow?  I often go to my range and am the only one in there.  Not touching face (unless you like the taste of lead). Hand washing at end of session yep.

Sounds like the safest place on earth,

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gov Murphy was under extreme pressure FROM BOTH SIDES to open FFLs and gun shops.  

Pro 2A people on one side claiming the Constitution isn't up for suspension.

Anti 2A people on the other stating that they don't want 2A cases going to court.

So, we won the battle but still losing the war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PeteF said:

If you are sucking fumes, the exhaust is designed wrong.  It is supposed to be blown from behind you downrange where it is filtered and exhausted.  How is a place that is filtering and venting air worse than say going to the super market where there is ZERO airflow?  I often go to my range and am the only one in there.  Not touching face (unless you like the taste of lead). Hand washing at end of session yep.

Sounds like the safest place on earth,

Thank you, I was gonna say.. 

If people are able to inhale the virus, then that means they have been inhaling all the airborne lead those systems are designed to collect.

57 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Gov Murphy was under extreme pressure FROM BOTH SIDES to open FFLs and gun shops.  

Pro 2A people on one side claiming the Constitution isn't up for suspension.

Anti 2A people on the other stating that they don't want 2A cases going to court.

So, we won the battle but still losing the war.

Which is why these suits need to keep pushing forward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeteF said:

If you are sucking fumes, the exhaust is designed wrong.  It is supposed to be blown from behind you downrange where it is filtered and exhausted.  How is a place that is filtering and venting air worse than say going to the super market where there is ZERO airflow?  I often go to my range and am the only one in there.  Not touching face (unless you like the taste of lead). Hand washing at end of session yep.

Sounds like the safest place on earth,

Well a few of the indoor places I’ve been in have been that way, idk what to tell you lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Old_Hunter said:

You can HEPA filter all you want. COVID-19 is droplet transmission spread. Unless you social distance humans, I don’t see how indoor ranges that get packed on weekends are going to open. 

So you social distance the humans.  All kinds of businesses are doing that--Home Depot was one of the most recent to start limiting how many people can be in the building at one time.  Wouldn't be hard for a range to do the same.   Limit of one person per port.  Or every other port.  Commercial ranges could require appointments be made in advance if they are worried about being overrun on the weekends.  As noted previously, private ranges are normally pretty empty to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 10X said:

So you social distance the humans.  All kinds of businesses are doing that--Home Depot was one of the most recent to start limiting how many people can be in the building at one time.  Wouldn't be hard for a range to do the same.   Limit of one person per port.  Or every other port.  Commercial ranges could require appointments be made in advance if they are worried about being overrun on the weekends.  As noted previously, private ranges are normally pretty empty to begin with.

You could literally create appointments, alternate every other stall if you had to. Shift stall use after each shooter for cleaning and seemless transision.  

 

This ain't rocket science. 

 

Just shutting down everything "just because" is stupid... plenty of business can get their work done through social distancing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wouldn't be a bad idea for all indoor ranges to let people reserve spots online in advance. Besides being being obnoxiously loud with a rifle and wasting ammo at 25 yards one of the reasons I don't go to indoor ranges much is wait times on the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I'm not against opening indoor ranges, but I'm not going to go to one if it's crowded.  Regardless of Corona or not.

Common sense,  amazing how people need the government to tell them what to do.  Almost like we aren't adults and need to be treated like 8 year olds.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PeteF said:

Common sense,  amazing how people need the government to tell them what to do.  Almost like we aren't adults and need to be treated like 8 year olds.

 

NJ is a Nanny state and Nanny says "no guns for you, only trained law enforcement."

I've seen some of them "Qualify" many are terrible, not all. Those that were in the jungles, the sandbox or the rock pile against formidable foes are the guys I would rather have in my foxhole.

I would argue, any Combat Vet is better trained than 95% of LEO's.

Foxtrot Uniform Gov Bucky Beaver!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well our new 3rd Circuit of Appeals Judge appointed by President Trump, Judge Bibas, had a great line in his dissent in the NJ Rifle Assn. about magazine size. The logic of it just boggles the mind. Now this case only had a 3 Judge panel and of course 2 Obama Judges voted against him.

If the size of a magazine can make a difference in the hands of a mass shooter, Bibas notes, it also can make a difference in the hands of a law-abiding person using a gun in self-defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

ranges will be open soon enough if they keep pressing but I'm against opening Indoor ranges. Most if not all have special high pressure HVAC systems for the range to remove lead fumes. Some of the indoor ranges I've gone to the airflow has been strong enough where you're still inhaling the blowback, if there are shooters there unknowingly carrying the virus the risk of pollenating others is pretty high. 

I'm not opposed to outdoor clubs being open, after all they're not public businesses.

IF your indoor range is pulling downrange ari to the firing line, they are doing it wrong. You either blow from behind the firing line or suck from down range, or preferably both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Link above not working but the gist if it is that Identago is not processing fingerprints for FPID''s so no new potential owners can get one.

I'm sure Blackwire Media will post the story later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...