Downtownv

Thanks Again Displaced Texan!

9 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Ha!!! Glad you enjoy my mommas recipe! Looks like you did it justice! 

2 fer 2!

I did a slight mod, this time.

1" of peanut oil in a large cast iron dutch oven, cooked outdoors on my turkey cooker stove. Quick ,easy a LOT less mess

Transferred on to a wire rack over a cookies sheet for the final bake.

You talk about Goood!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

2 fer 2!

I did a slight mod, this time.

1" of peanut oil in a large cast iron dutch oven, cooked outdoors on my turkey cooker stove. Quick ,easy a LOT less mess

Transferred on to a wire rack over a cookies sheet for the final bake.

You talk about Goood!

Good idea. The problem with fried chicken is the mess....damn, it’s worth it though! 

• Agree 1

I can meet you at exit 63 BUT you have to promise to go back to your primary residence. We got invaded by Benny's and Shoebies that brought covis-19 here, stripped our stores, & strained our healthcare. Memorial Day, we welcome you, now we don't.

I can tell you none of the Locals want them here and most are too stupid to realize it.

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

Good idea. The problem with fried chicken is the mess....damn, it’s worth it though! 

You are sooo right, but this eliminated it! Just don't tell the folks back home, they will hate a Yankee thought of it!

Nope.gif

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

I can meet you at exit 63 BUT you have to promise to go back to your primary residence. We got invaded by Benny's and Shoebies that brought covis-19 here, stripped our stores, & strained our healthcare. Memorial Day, we welcome you, now we don't.

I can tell you none of the Locals want them here and most are too stupid to realize it.

Make sure you go back down to whatever trailer park you came from too.  Stay outta Bayonne

• Haha 3
  • Crazy 1

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

I'll trade you some Benny's for a few of the massholes that have invaded my town. They all wanted out of Massachusetts so they came up here and brought the virus with them. Fcukers decided to ride their snowmobiles on the cross country ski trail. One of them somehow got a large white rope stuck in their track right behind my house. I wonder how that rope got there.............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From Google: "The Jersey Shore is the summertime haunt of bennies and shoobies: bennies are those from North Jersey and New York who travel down to northern regions of the Shore, while shoobies come from the Philadelphia region to more southerly destinations like Atlantic City and Ocean City."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldguysrule649 said:

From Google: "The Jersey Shore is the summertime haunt of bennies and shoobies: bennies are those from North Jersey and New York who travel down to northern regions of the Shore, while shoobies come from the Philadelphia region to more southerly destinations like Atlantic City and Ocean City."

Gotcha. Back home in Texas, we call them ‘Yankees’. 

• Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Then you understand the problems it creates. Maybe the snowmobile is available, cheap!

I'm afraid a Benny couldn't survive the wilderness of NH, though. Lack of concrete and smog.

Yeah. For me they are a blessing and a curse. I work at a hotel, so if they didn't come up I wouldn't have work but they really do muck everything up when they are here. 

They are a blessing during the season, they drive the economy here. Buy March we are not manned for that crush. There are minimal police fire rescue on LBI after 10/1 until 5/1 many are part time temporary positions, during the season. The supermarkets stock a lot more goods for the increase of volume. the Hospitals, are staffed much higher as well.

But March brings a whole different problem for us.

Wildwood has posted check points if you are not a full time resident (by the address on your DL),you are turned around as it should be if you leave pre check point you won't be allowed back. This is being planned for Ocean City, Seaside, LBI and other points where they can control the entrance/exits.

It will be interesting if these people who stocked up their normally vacant summer home and have to leave all their supplies behind.

23 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

They are a blessing during the season, they drive the economy here. Buy March we are not manned for that crush. There are minimal police fire rescue on LBI after 10/1 until 5/1 many are part time temporary positions, during the season. The supermarkets stock a lot more goods for the increase of volume. the Hospitals, are staffed much higher as well.

But March brings a whole different problem for us.

Wildwood has posted check points if you are not a full time resident (by the address on your DL),you are turned around as it should be if you leave pre check point you won't be allowed back. This is being planned for Ocean City, Seaside, LBI and other points where they can control the entrance/exits.

It will be interesting if these people who stocked up their normally vacant summer home and have to leave all their supplies behind.

I used to spend allot of time during the summer on LBI when I was young. Then I started going to a friends marina for Thanksgiving in LBI and saw the difference. I like the island so much better in the fall after they have all gone home! 

7 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I used to spend allot of time during the summer on LBI when I was young. Then I started going to a friends marina for Thanksgiving in LBI and saw the difference. I like the island so much better in the fall after they have all gone home! 

Rolling Laugh.gif

I remember when Gary Del Abate said Baba Booey would never stick! :lol:

@Zeke your only hope is to run for Mod again.....Win this time!.... And then spend the rest of your natural life eliminating all references to "Betty Crockpot" on this forum!

You should have embraced the pressure cooker like I did!   Best ribs I ever had!:yahoo:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I remember when Gary Del Abate said Baba Booey would never stick! :lol:

@Zeke your only hope is to run for Mod again.....Win this time!.... And then spend the rest of your natural life eliminating all references to "Betty Crockpot" on this forum!

You should have embraced the pressure cooker like I did!   Best ribs I ever had!:yahoo:

And @PK90

• Agree 1