panteramatt

Camping or no go?

So Ive booking camping spots for 3 weekend in april alone. 2 in Pa and 1 in NJ. As far as I know no campgrounds are shutting down just no planned activities. So, is it illegal for me to travel with a camper to get there? Id have to go through Delaware also. I saw 2 motorhomes on the Delaware today so not sure. 

3 minutes ago, panteramatt said:

So, is it illegal for me to travel with a camper to get there?

Why would anyone discriminate against a camper? Some people live out of campers permanently - how would they know the difference? I think you're thinking overtime. They might stop domestic flights at some point, but I can't imagine stopping domestic travel. I say keep the reservations... and then see what's happening a few days before.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Why would anyone discriminate against a camper? Some people live out of campers permanently - how would they know the difference? I think you're thinking overtime. They might stop domestic flights at some point, but I can't imagine stopping domestic travel. I say keep the reservations... and then see what's happening a few days before.

Well its next week and from what I understand is you can only be on the road if your going to work or getting groceries, medicine. Obviously me driving a big camper with a golf cart on the back dont meet that criteria thats why Im asking.

6 minutes ago, panteramatt said:

As far as I know no campgrounds are shutting down just no planned activities.

I would check with those campgrounds, more and more are closing every day. I've had two trips cancelled in April.

7 minutes ago, panteramatt said:

So, is it illegal for me to travel with a camper to get there?

If you get stopped, just tell them you're going out for beer. Liquor stores are consider essential!

17 hours ago, this_is_nascar said:

The majority of campgrounds in the area have announced closure until further notice.

Correct... looks like all in NJ, and maybe others too.

The New Jersey Campground Owners and Outdoor Lodging Association, an organization representing more than 90 private campgrounds across the state, sent a statement to all of its members Monday, recommending that they remain closed for “all vacationing and recreational activities” in an attempt to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

New Jersey Campground Owners and Outdoor Lodging Association Executive Director Joann DelVescio told NJ Advance Media that she and the association are also urging campers to follow the stay-at-home mandates issued by the governors of Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey so camping season can arrive safely.