Golf battery

Nj is ridiculous

So.  I went to tanners in pa today to buy primers. Closed.  That sucked.  So i figured ill check cabelas online.  Ordered 6k primers.  Free shipping.  Great. 20$ hazmat.   Whatever.  Go to close it out.  Says they cant ship to my address.  Nj.  Ok. So.  Ill send it to cabelas in Delaware and pick it up.   Nope.  Wont let me do that.  I called customer service.  They said they cant ship primers to nj.   Really i said.  I can get ammo shipped to me but not primers?   Really!!  So idont know if its cabelas or nj.  But they will not ship primers to nj. So i bought and shipped them to a friend in pa.  Im only a few miles from the pa border.  So how about that being ridiculous.  I remember a few years back we used to do bulk orders with us on the forum to cut down the hazmat fees. Then divide them up with the other forum members.    Stupid nj.  

• Agree 1

AFAIK there's nothing in NJ laws or regs that prevent you from having primers (or smokeless powder, for that matter) shipped to you in NJ. I've done multiple purchase from Powder Valley, most boxes up to their (shipping) max of 48 lb of smokeless or 50K primers, or a mix thereof.

Sounds like a Cabelas policy. Which really sucks.

Does anyone know if Bass Pro (same corporate owners) stocks and sells primers?

22 hours ago, Golf battery said:

So.  I went to tanners in pa today to buy primers. Closed.  That sucked.  So i figured ill check cabelas online.  Ordered 6k primers.  Free shipping.  Great. 20$ hazmat.   Whatever.  Go to close it out.  Says they cant ship to my address.  Nj.  Ok. So.  Ill send it to cabelas in Delaware and pick it up.   Nope.  Wont let me do that.  I called customer service.  They said they cant ship primers to nj.   Really i said.  I can get ammo shipped to me but not primers?   Really!!  So idont know if its cabelas or nj.  But they will not ship primers to nj. So i bought and shipped them to a friend in pa.  Im only a few miles from the pa border.  So how about that being ridiculous.  I remember a few years back we used to do bulk orders with us on the forum to cut down the hazmat fees. Then divide them up with the other forum members.    Stupid nj.  

Unfortunately, I drove past Cabela's in Delaware this afternoon and they are closed.  I do know that if you visit their store, when open, they do not ask for ID for any powder, primers or other reloading supplies. I do not want to pay hazmat fees when Cabela's is only a 35 minute drive for me! I also need powder and primers right now.

It HAS to be a PRNJ thing!

Btw.  Me and cabelas/bass  are gonna have a long talk about this.  Midway had a policy of not sending rifle ammo to nj without a fpid card.  I had long talks about that with them and they changed their policy.  Lemme know if its still the same. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 12:04 AM, Golf battery said:

Cabelas started this stupidity a few years ago.   I don’t get why they won’t ship components but will ship ammo. Dumb at best. However, I rarely blame retailers for caution around ban states it’s easier for them to just say screw it.