Has anyone ever used Shooter's Lube solvent and/or oil? Experiences and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm still in quarantine for another week and would like to catch up on cleaning my firearms after the kids go to sleep. Thanks!

Edit: The manufacturer claims it is non-hazardous as per the EPA and has no odor. As long as it does a decent job of cleaning that would meet my needs.Thanks!

Edited by ChrisJM981

If we are talking lube I've been using 10W-30 or 5W-30 since it was recommended by a gunsmith many years ago.1 quart lasts a lifetime.Lately though I was turned on to adding Lucas oil stabilizer to the regular oil.With the stabilizer you can make the oil thicker and it doesnt burn off as fast.It works great with ARs.You can adjust it to whatever thickness you like.Good Luck

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, winmag45 said:

If we are talking lube I've been using 10W-30 or 5W-30 since it was recommended by a gunsmith many years ago.1 quart lasts a lifetime.Lately though I was turned on to adding Lucas oil stabilizer to the regular oil.With the stabilizer you can make the oil thicker and it doesnt burn off as fast.It works great with ARs.You can adjust it to whatever thickness you like.Good Luck

You would be amazed at how many gun owners use motor oil on their guns.  I just hate the smell. 

• Like 1

I've used them all including SL... it's a personal preference thing. I agree with Ray. Unless you smell like my brother-in-law all the time after a day at the garage, you won't mind motor oil. 

They are all good to a point. I've been using G96 for over 40 years and never a prob or rust. Cleans and Lubes...
Plus it smells good. Prob go good on a peanut butter sammich. ;)

On 3/24/2020 at 7:26 PM, Ray Ray said:

What do you currently use now Christopher?

Hoppe's No. 9 Solvent.

Slip 2000 EWL for oil. 

My issue is with the solvent. Looking for something that doesn't stink as much. 

1 minute ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Hoppe's No. 9 Solvent.

Slip 2000 EWL for oil. 

My issue is with the solvent. Looking for something that doesn't stink as much. 

CLP dude, you're welcome.  And how's my Glock?

13 hours ago, High Exposure said:

@Ray Ray CLP sucks. Anything designed to do everything routinely excels at nothing.

Chris, Slip makes a good cleaner to go with their lube - 725 Cleaner.

I use slip 2000 too, don't get it twisted.  But I know other kats run CLP too.

20200508_110703.jpg