deerpark

NJ Gun Store Now Offering Home Delivery Of Ammunition

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/03/23/nj-gun-store-home-delivery/

A New Jersey gun store owner is now offering home delivery of ammunition to legal gun owners in the state, after Gov. Phil Murphy declared that gun stores and ranges must close, ending sales but not demand for firearms and ammunition. Derek Pitera, the owner of SC Arms in Spotswood, New Jersey, said the governor’s order will “put a hurt” on his business, and he was looking for a way to keep some generating some cash while supporting people’s rights to keep and bear arms as well when he stumbled on to the idea.

Pitera tells Bearing Arms that he was doing some research into the governor’s order, and realized that while “non-essential” brick and mortar stores have been ordered shut, online sales and deliveries are allowed to continue. Pitera says he and his employees can legally deliver ammunition to any resident with an FID card, and can conduct the sales without any person-to-person contact.

Thank the LORD for the free market, for entrepreneurs, for business owners. 

As hard as government is trying to ruin everything, they cant destroy the American spirit. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

CNJFO's Theresa Inacker interviewed Derek while he was making deliveries & she broke the story.  The Truth About Guns wrote to her & asked to run it.  It has gone viral since.  For my part, I added some "polish" in the editing phase and selected the image used of the ammo pile off of the store's Facebook page.  Over 77,000 reached & 540 shares worldwide.  And climbing.

For those that aren't yet a member, or perhaps your membership lapsed, please help us by joining:

https://www.cnjfo.com/join-us 

Thanks!

Rosey, VP

Black Wire Media Editor in-Chief

No photo description available.

The New Uber Ammo? NJ FFL DELIVERS AMMO!
DIRECT TO YOUR DOOR DELIVERY STARTS TODAY!
by Theresa Inacker for Black Wire Media Mon. Mar. 23, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

CNJFO sponsor Derek Pitera, President of SC Arms of Spotswood, New Jersey, FFL licensed and insured firearms dealer, is meeting the needs of the Second Amendment community in New Jersey by delivering ammo to the doorstep!

In a telephone interview this afternoon with CNJFO, Pitera stated that he researched ways to keep his business open, so that he can continue to provide for his family. This new business approach keeps business flowing and meets the ammunition needs of the Second Amendment community. After researching the limitations of Governor Phil Murphy’s Executive Order 107, Pitera determined that deliveries and online orders are permitted, even though brick and mortar stores are to remain closed.

If someone is purchasing handgun ammunition, they must provide a driver’s license and a NJ FID firearms purchase ID card, as required per law. Pitera verifies and logs the information though the truck window, making no person-to-person contact in this time of social distancing.

HOW TO ORDER AMMO:

Call the store number 732-425-4996. Pitera stated that while he has excellent contacts with the ammunition industry, there are LIMITED QUANTITIES at this time. Your needs and availability can be discussed when you contact the store landline, 732-425-4996, now forwarded to his cell.

EDITOR's NOTE:

We like seeing pushback to the UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws and current shutdown scheme we're all subjected to. If we learn of any other FFL's offering this type of service, we'll be certain to pass it along to our readers.

• Like 1

Be advised, this is a serious question.

I live in north Jersey and wouldn't expect SC to deliver to where I live. But in the interest of supporting SC and the fact that I would (under the circumstances) like to beef up the amount of ammo I have at the moment, would there be anything not right about completing an online order with instructions to deliver it to me in my car parked in front of the store when I call notifying them I'm there?

Never mind. Just saw the how to order post. I'll be calling them in the morning

I asked the NJSP FIU about the legality of delivering ammo to someone (personally, not shipping it) and was told that all business must be conducted at the address on your license - so their opinion was it is not legal to do so. I wanted to know if I could do it because NJ law allows small amounts of handgun ammo to be transferred at a range without the need to have a NJ FPID card or other required credentials. Since I'm only about 10 minutes from Cherry Ridge (which does not sell ammo), I thought it could be something that could help out someone who forgot their FPID card or was shooting there from out of state and didn't have one.

I hope this doesn't cause a problem for these guys.