NJSigfan

I’m stuck inside so I bought this today...to stay sane

Hello everyone,

I figure most of us are “window shopping” between meetings, calls, dealing with kids or just to keep sane so I thought this might be a fun place to tell/show us what you’ve recently purchased.

For me, I’ve taken advantage of end of season winter sales picking up a new ski/snowboard rack for the jeep and jackets.  My best purchase though was this $11 purchase on Sunday.  I had a bunch of points on my Cabelas card and since I’ve stopped using it, I decided to cash them in.   So for $11 bucks including tax and shipping I got this and a couple 10/22 mags.  Open to hearing about any tips or tricks to build it and what Battery to use.

so, what has everyone else purchased to stay sane?

1BB0D211-DE9F-48D5-A202-A84FB495193A.jpeg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

Definitely!!  Hoping to get this built and tested this weekend

Get da wobbler!!! And watch the videos how to adjust the switch. Summabitch will go full auto on you occasionally. Orange frisbees everywhere!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Get da wobbler!!! And watch the videos how to adjust the switch. Summabitch will go full auto on you occasionally. Orange frisbees everywhere!

At some point i will.  For now, this will be good until it gets boring.  I’m just about to skim the instructions with a beer and then going outside to look over the contents of the box.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dajonga said:

I was long overdue for a haircut before the panic. With Murphy shutting down barbers, I was desperate.

I caved and bought a set of cordless clippers from Amaz.

Now? I am easy to clean, high & tight and ready for the revolution!

Manscaping bro...

Stuck inside again today, I didn't buy anything.

But I did make 200 rounds of MAJOR zombie (as in circus animals and released prisoners) ammo for my Henry lever guns:

50 rounds of 350gr .45-70 with a whopping load of 54gr of H335

150 rounds of 250gr .45Colt with 6.2gr of Titegroup

Tomorrow's agenda starts with (and continues for multiple days with my inventory of brass) .223 that needs to be prepped and loaded for the now-shortened competition season. 

When that's done, I'll make more zombie .223 (SS109 projectile) ammo, though I've already got enough to start a small war at this point.

It's good to be a reloader with lots of time on his hands and components on the shelf!

• Like 3

Been going on walks while my daughter learns to ride her bike. She’s getting good enough I can’t walk/run fast enough to keep up with her.   Took my old mountain bike to the shop for an overhaul. Been about 10 years since I had her out.  Definitely new tubes, maybe tires. Disc brakes need work. Chain but hopefully the rest of the drive train just needs clean/lube.  Also need new helmet and shoes since animals got into them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

Hello everyone,

I figure most of us are “window shopping” between meetings, calls, dealing with kids or just to keep sane so I thought this might be a fun place to tell/show us what you’ve recently purchased.

For me, I’ve taken advantage of end of season winter sales picking up a new ski/snowboard rack for the jeep and jackets.  My best purchase though was this $11 purchase on Sunday.  I had a bunch of points on my Cabelas card and since I’ve stopped using it, I decided to cash them in.   So for $11 bucks including tax and shipping I got this and a couple 10/22 mags.  Open to hearing about any tips or tricks to build it and what Battery to use.

so, what has everyone else purchased to stay sane?

1BB0D211-DE9F-48D5-A202-A84FB495193A.jpeg

How is that going to keep you sane?  It will just be there taunting you.

@NJSigfan Nice!  I bought the Wheelybird 2.0 last week.  It arrived just in time to assemble and get to the range on Saturday to use it once before all the ranges shutdown.  I don't have a lot of trap experience but really like this thrower.  Easy to assemble and can run all day on a small battery.  

I bought a motorcycle battery from AutoZone and got through 110 clays without any sign of slowing down.  When I put the battery on the charger at home it was green within an hour or two so didn't use too much juice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PeteF said:

You can have hours of fun flinging clays at neighbor's houses and passing pedestrians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice pickup!  Always good to see more of us with electric throwers!

I did the math on power consumption before... 

The Wheelybird uses 9.5 amps at peak draw for 1/4 second, then 2 amps for the rest of the cycle, which is about 2 seconds.  Doing the math it comes out to.... a lot of throws.

Rounding up for 9.5 amps for 1/8 of the time... 2.5 amps for 2 seconds..  figuring 75 Amp Hours.... *60 for minutes *60 for seconds, divided by 2 since each cycle is 2 seconds... divided by 2.5 amps for each cycle... = 54000 throws with the 75AH battery I have.

• Informative 1

21 hours ago, PeteF said:

Hmmm...  I guess with it still in the box until Saturday I’m good until then.   After that, who knows.    I can always play with it buy launching clays into my neighbors pool.  Lol

12 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Looks decent - very compact and lightweight, but that means it will jump around a bit.  It's also not quite as adjustable as the Wheelybird.

Just wondering if it's a decent product. Limitations like weight could easily be accounted for as long as the throwing mechanism is reliable.