45Doll

Wolf Backs Down and Opens PA FFLs

Meanwhile, a dictator and King Sheriff in La County, California closes them down, while letting 1,700 felons loose into the community:

...."LOS ANGELES - In a sit-down interview with FOX 11, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva declared gun stores as nonessential businesses that will be forced to close.

Sheriff Villanueva also said he’s adding 1,300 deputies to patrol, that he’s released 1,700 nonviolent inmates from county jails, and criticized how local politicians have handled the messaging behind the numerous stay-at-home orders.

“This is about taking care of people, not elected officials or politicians,” Villanueva said.

The Sheriff is also the Director of Emergency Operations, meaning he is the number one person in charge during a crisis like the coronavirus. All FEMA requests go through him, and all National Guard requests go through him.

One clear message that Villanueva is sending, is on gun stores.

“We will be closing them, they are not an essential function,” Villanueva said. “I’m a supporter of the 2nd amendment, I’m a gun owner myself, but now you have the mixture of people that are not formerly gun owners and you have a lot more people at home and anytime you introduce a firearm in a home, from what I understand from CDC studies, it increases fourfold the chance that someone is gonna get shot.”

https://www.foxla.com/news/la-county-sheriff-orders-gun-stores-to-close-adds-1300-deputies-to-patrol

1 minute ago, Golf battery said:

Thats great.  Pa has rationale 

Tanner’s said they still may not open up as their main priority is keeping their employees safe and healthy. Call before you go there.

15 hours ago, Sniper said:

Meanwhile, a dictator and King Sheriff in La County, California closes them down, while letting 1,700 felons loose into the community:

...."LOS ANGELES - In a sit-down interview with FOX 11, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva declared gun stores as nonessential businesses that will be forced to close.

His plan is on hold.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, Sniper said:

Sheriff Villanueva also said he’s adding 1,300 deputies to patrol, that he’s released 1,700 nonviolent inmates from county jails, and criticized how local politicians have handled the messaging behind the numerous stay-at-home orders.

“This is about taking care of people, not elected officials or politicians,” Villanueva said.

The Sheriff is also the Director of Emergency Operations, meaning he is the number one person in charge during a crisis like the coronavirus. All FEMA requests go through him, and all National Guard requests go through him.

One clear message that Villanueva is sending, is on gun stores.

“We will be closing them, they are not an essential function,” Villanueva said. “I’m a supporter of the 2nd amendment, I’m a gun owner myself, but now you have the mixture of people that are not formerly gun owners and you have a lot more people at home and anytime you introduce a firearm in a home, from what I understand from CDC studies, it increases fourfold the chance that someone is gonna get shot.”

https://www.foxla.com/news/la-county-sheriff-orders-gun-stores-to-close-adds-1300-deputies-to-patrol

Our Governor and A.G. probably gave him the idea.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, Sniper said:

It's important to note that those 1700 people being released aren't "felons" - they committed misdemeanors and are within 30 days of release from the county jail anyway. Don't misunderstand, I think his steps re: the FFLs are utterly outrageous... and I'm not thrilled with early prisoner releases either, but it's not like they're releasing the felonious criminally insane into the streets! :shok:

I'm still not seeing any mention in the various early release programs of whether or not the prisoners will be tested for the coronavirus before release.  This concerns me.   If they aren't promising the testing will take place, I assume it isn't happening.   

All the Clubs up in Southern Maine and NH Seacoast are closed, Kittery Trading Post (biggest gun retailer in New England) is closed to everything except curbside pickup. Surprised because Maine is extremely pro-gun, I think the people who run the clubs just don't want to deal.