kc17

These most certainly did NOT come from a crockpot

My FIL would boil ribs before putting them on a gas grill. My wife would do that or make me take her to Chili's before I started to make Real BBQ. After her first bite of my ribs she said I never had to take her to Chili's again.

My MIL requested one of my Briskets for her B-day this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kc17 said:

My FIL would boil ribs before putting them on a gas grill. My wife would do that or make me take her to Chili's before I started to make Real BBQ. After her first bite of my ribs she said I never had to take her to Chili's again.

Thank GOD you fixed her!!! 

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

I thought the Instapot confused you, because it has so many buttons....

It has a lot of buttons.. not gonna lie 

11 minutes ago, kc17 said:

What ever meat smoker

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

@Zeke will rock that Instant pot for sure! That thing is amazing!  Embrace the 21st century!:) Watch out @Displaced Texan You might end up wanting Zeke's meat!:lol:

Never! Blasphemy! 

18 hours ago, kc17 said:

"If you boil ribs, the terrorists win!"

https://amazingribs.com/best-barbecue-ribs-recipe

A lot of folks boil their ribs before grilling them and slathering on the sauce. The concept comes from Eastern Europe where Poles and Czechs prepare ribs by simmering them in water with cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and caraway seed, making a very nice pork stew.

But water is a solvent. It pulls much of the flavor out of the meat, and it can make the meat mushy. When you boil meat and bones, you make a rich flavorful soup. All that color in the pot is flavor that you can never get back into the meat. Boil meat too much and water can even dry it out by causing the proteins to contract and squeeze the moisture out of the muscle fibers.