xXxplosive

NYC Exodus.........

45 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

Interesting point about LBI....there is exactly one supermarket on the island.  If all of the migrants move in and make a run on the stock, the place will be devoid of anything.  There are a few little podunk general stores sprinkled about, but the other large stores are well over the bridge.  Block the bridge and nobody gets in or out.  Maybe they can live on self-caught bluefish and crabs.  Or seaweed.

The year-round residents must be happy as clams to have so much company in the off-season.

I've been watching the shore town mayors telling people with second homes there to stay the hell out.  

I know that if I owned one, my position would be that I'll stay out if you suspend collection of my property taxes until I'm welcome to come back. But if I'm paying property tax on my home, I'll live in it if I want to.  

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, 10X said:

I've been watching the shore town mayors telling people with second homes there to stay the hell out.  

I know that if I owned one, my position would be that I'll stay out if you suspect collection of my property taxes until I'm welcome to come back. But if I'm paying property tax on my home, I'll live in it if I want to.  

I think you meant suspend, not suspect, but I see your point.

I too would want access to my property regardless.  But if they go cleaning out the TP and water like elsewhere, I would be pissed as a full-time resident.  The stores don't normally place stock orders very large in low season, I would guess.  Tap water is perfectly fine there.  And for washing your butt too!  lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

I think you meant suspend, not suspect, but I see your point.

I too would want access to my property regardless.  But if they go cleaning out the TP and water like elsewhere, I would be pissed as a full-time resident.  The stores don't normally place stock orders very large in low season, I would guess.  Tap water is perfectly fine there.  And for washing your butt too!  lol.

Yep, suspend.   I went back and overruled the autocorrect to fix it.

• Haha 1

I've heard an anecdotal report that some NYers were in their "summer home" in my town and threw a party.

I did not see this, I just heard about it. 

I would really enjoy being there when the cops show up and roust them.  Most of them think we're all dumb hicks.  Of course, I used to work in Manhattan right next to these schmucks, I just had a long commute.

I'd be happy if we just closed Rt 23 at Oak Ridge road as there's no easy way around that.  It would take you at least 20 miles out of the way to get here.

• Agree 1

I think Trump is in a position that NO president would ever want to be in... in the middle of a pandemic with a new, unknown bug. I mean, no one will handle that perfectly, because there are too many unknowns. So, I'm hesitant to criticize his performance at all... however, one thing that Trump is doing that I do NOT like is the following:  I've been hearing for the last 24+ hrs that he's "considering" putting an interstate quarantine on NY, NJ and CT. Even putting aside the public health merits & questionable legality... why on EARTH would you discuss that in advance? Won't that just hasten the exodus from NYC?... and push them further out beyond the tri-state area? It just doesn't seem terribly strategic to me. If you're going to place a quarantine because you think it's prudent medically... keep your yap shut, and just DO IT with no advance warning. That's how I see it anyway! Feel free to disagree! You may have ideas I haven't considered....

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

Claymores?

Sniper (for tires, of course).

K-rail blockage.

Anti-personnel pits with punji sticks covered in feces?

Maybe I've got the wrong approach.  Psy-Op may be a better plan.  Get two or three old junkers.  Park one on the side of the road and burn it.  Leave it there. 

skynews-mexico-police-killed_4804944.jpg

A mile further up the road.  Two cars, shot/smashed up, three or four dummies, covered in blood in the cars, one in the road with a big puddle of fake blood.

422DCF5200000578-4682490-Demolished_buil

Pretty sure that would discourage most.

Make sure they have NY plates.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Maybe I've got the wrong approach.  Psy-Op may be a better plan.  Get two or three old junkers.  Park one on the side of the road and burn it.  Leave it there. 

skynews-mexico-police-killed_4804944.jpg

A mile further up the road.  Two cars, shot/smashed up, three or four dummies, covered in blood in the cars, one in the road with a big puddle of fake blood.

422DCF5200000578-4682490-Demolished_buil

Pretty sure that would discourage most.

Make sure they have NY plates.

Geez Louise! Ummm… what's your general location? Because if my car breaks down... I want to make damn sure I don't knock on your door looking for assistance! :shok:

Some of you folks are... how do I put this gently?... VERY inhospitable!  

The lockdown is coming folks.. now you know why they're calling up the millions of military reserves...

Trump considers ‘enforceable’ quarantine in New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticut

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he’s considering placing a short-term quarantine on New York, New Jersey and certain parts of Connecticut as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread.

“I’m thinking about that right now. We might not have to do it but there’s a possibility that sometime today we’ll do a quarantine,” Trump told reporters at the White House Saturday. “Short-term, two week on New York, probably New Jersey and certain parts of Connecticut.

Trump said he would make a decision today whether to enforce a quarantine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/trump-considers-enforceable-quarantine-in-new-york-new-jersey-and-parts-of-connecticut.html

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

No travel into PA, Rhode Island, etc. etc. Bridges closed? Highway checks on interstate travel?

Yes stay the f home! Don’t pollute America! :D

16 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

I’ve seen this movie before...

C1EFF1A1-D720-4407-9CFD-7C9447BE90A3.jpeg

I was waiting for the Smake Pliskin references!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sniper said:

The lockdown is coming folks.. now you know why they're calling up the millions of military reserves...

Trump considers ‘enforceable’ quarantine in New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticut

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he’s considering placing a short-term quarantine on New York, New Jersey and certain parts of Connecticut as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread.

“I’m thinking about that right now. We might not have to do it but there’s a possibility that sometime today we’ll do a quarantine,” Trump told reporters at the White House Saturday. “Short-term, two week on New York, probably New Jersey and certain parts of Connecticut.

Trump said he would make a decision today whether to enforce a quarantine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/trump-considers-enforceable-quarantine-in-new-york-new-jersey-and-parts-of-connecticut.html

What Constitution? 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saenz_v._Roe