xXxplosive

NYC Exodus.........

So despite being told to stay at home by their Governor and Mayor,  NYC metropolitan area residents are getting out of dodge and heading to other states.  Residents of these other states are not too happy.  
Should be some interesting blowback eventually.  Right now all travelers to these other states are being told they must quarantine for 14 days.  So they must stay in their rental or hotel room. The Libs are fleeing the Cities... How many will do it?  Hearing Fla. and the Pocono's in Pa. are being inundated.

You have all the wealthy New Yorkers coming down to the jersey shore and opening up their homes. murphy told them to stay home because the shore areas are in “winter mode” and he don’t want the part time residents coming in and over burdening a system already running on fumes. I could see both sides on this one, for example PT residents still pay property taxes if they are there or not.. 

55 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

So despite being told to stay at home by their Governor and Mayor,  NYC metropolitan area residents are getting out of dodge and heading to other states.  Residents of these other states are not too happy.  
Should be some interesting blowback eventually.  Right now all travelers to these other states are being told they must quarantine for 14 days.  So they must stay in their rental or hotel room. The Libs are fleeing the Cities... How many will do it?  Hearing Fla. and the Pocono's in Pa. are being inundated.

I have been seeing NY and NJ plates in my area recently. I hope they don't bring the infection to us.  We have yet to have a case in my county.  With the NY and NJ people showing up I expect that to change.  We are definitely in a "redneck" "hick" area that is usually scoffed at by the same people that are fleeing here.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Seems like there maybe a migration route shift due to more hospital space.....seems sick NY'ers are makin' their way up 95 to Rhode Island......this has "Long Tentacles".

They can go north all they want into the liberal holes of the NE... just dont go west... 

• Agree 1

Interesting point about LBI....there is exactly one supermarket on the island.  If all of the migrants move in and make a run on the stock, the place will be devoid of anything.  There are a few little podunk general stores sprinkled about, but the other large stores are well over the bridge.  Block the bridge and nobody gets in or out.  Maybe they can live on self-caught bluefish and crabs.  Or seaweed.

The year-round residents must be happy as clams to have so much company in the off-season.

(pun intended)

Would be fun to see an I Am Legend scene in NYC about now.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

Interesting point about LBI....there is exactly one supermarket on the island.  If all of the migrants move in and make a run on the stock, the place will be devoid of anything.  There are a few little podunk general stores sprinkled about, but the other large stores are well over the bridge.  Block the bridge and nobody gets in or out.  Maybe they can live on self-caught bluefish and crabs.  Or seaweed.

The year-round residents must be happy as clams to have so much company in the off-season.

(pun intended)

Would be fun to see an I Am Legend scene in NYC about now.

Well @Downtownv has been told to stay out Bayonne. And likewise @Ray Ray is to stay away from” da shore”. Or shoebee or Benny or sumtin.