Old Glock guy

What's everyone doing with their pandemic isolation free time?

2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Uh oh. This could be trouble. While looking through all the DVDs left by my mother at our house I just came across an un-opened copy of "The Thorn Birds".:wub:

Try to convince yourself it's like an unopened GI Joe from the 1960's...if you open it, you'll destroy it's value.

Then go find a re-run of Die Hard.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 10X said:

Try to convince yourself it's like an unopened GI Joe from the 1960's...if you open it, you'll destroy it's value.

I'll try that one on Mrs. 45Doll. Thanks.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:30 PM, Zeke said:

Oh my .. this is getting confusing.

It's not. I've never used Tinder and when I did a search it didn't exist until a year after the date in question. It was probably the crazy chick I dated for a bit. Crazy as in chased a guy out of her restaurant with a knife and decided she was going to get a motorcycle in December after wrecking her car. Still an upgrade over the prior 2. :D

We spent the last 4 days re-watching Police academy on netflix, tonight we take a break from police academy to watch masked singer and lego masters. My 11 year old FINALLY learned how to right a 2 wheeler. And my new work bench is almost done, but my garage is a mess, sawdust everywhere.

I'm still working, but nonetheless, I planned on potentially not working so we are extending our balcony by 30 inches.

Pulled down the railing which we custom built over about 2 weeks.  It took 2 hours to remove, lol.

Removed two rows of flooring started hanging lumber.  

I've got a bunch more to do yet.

railingextension.jpg

• Like 2

I received the "Why did you buy more beer?" remark this afternoon from the Mrs. So what if I have a 30 pack still sitting at the bottom of the stairs! LOL

Also, that article is NOT Fake News. I'd say 55% is pretty accurate lol

23 hours ago, MartyZ said:

We spent the last 4 days re-watching Police academy on netflix, tonight we take a break from police academy to watch masked singer and lego masters. 

My youngest is finishing her college semester from home, and I learned that somehow she's never seen Animal House, Airplane! or Blues Brothers.   So I'm filling gaps in her formal education by introducing her to the classics.  We're up to Airplane!, scheduled for tonight, but I can't find my copy of Blues Brothers, and it's not on Netflix.

Update:  She liked Airplane!, but I learned she's never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail.   So that one is queued up for the weekend.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I'm fortunate in that I can work from home as can my wife.   She is constantly on he phone with work, which means I get to play Mr Teacher for the 14 year old to make sure he is doing his home schooling work on google classroom on top of my work stuff

22 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I made 2# of ground chuck into the worlds best meatballs in an instapot  @JohnnyB.

Sautéed in coconut oil and the gravy was made with tequila and coconut milk. Yes I am da man 

Pina colada meatballs?  Or more accurately, coconut margarita meatballs?   I dunno....I've enjoyed both drinks, never once thinking "hmmm, this would really taste better if it had some ground chuck in it".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 10X said:

My youngest is finishing her college semester from home, and I learned that somehow she's never seen Animal House, Airplane! or Blues Brothers.   So I'm filling gaps in her formal education by introducing her to the classics.  We're up to Airplane!, scheduled for tonight, but I can't find my copy of Blues Brothers, and it's not on Netflix.

Its free on comcast somewhere. I watched it the other night. If you have a voice remote say Blues Brothers and it should come up

21 minutes ago, 10X said:

Pina colada meatballs?  Or more accurately, coconut margarita meatballs?   I dunno....I've enjoyed both drinks, never once thinking "hmmm, this would really taste better if it had some ground chuck in it".

It’s not my fault you are culinarily .... deficient.

10 minutes ago, fslater said:

Its free on comcast somewhere. I watched it the other night. If you have a voice remote say Blues Brothers and it should come up

Looks like Optimum has it on demand, though not free.

35 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Vacu sealing?

If you mean our Food Saver, we've been doing that for years.

BTW, for those interested.

Buy a long roll of foodsaver bags. Cut to a necessary length. Coat a firearm with appropriate long term storage material. Place in the bag. Position thin foam material on any sharp corners to prevent tearing. Now suck and seal it closed.

Voila! Long term storage. Works for accessories like magazines too.