Old Glock guy

What's everyone doing with their pandemic isolation free time?

8 hours ago, MartyZ said:

Well, here it is, just needs a few coats of shellac and it's ready to go. The t-tracks on the right side hold the reloading press, so the table pulls double duty, woodworking/reloading.

20200423_204120_2.jpg

Nice work!  Looks great.

I haven't quite figured out quantum gravity yet, but I did get my income tax stuff in the mail today. How is everyone doing with that?

BTW, if you want to make your head explode sometime, check out quantum entanglements, where a particle can have an instant effect on a paired particle across the universe.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

• Haha 1

I'm still working more hours than before the madness, but since I can't go anywhere during the downtime, I'm running the smoker every other weekend (baby back ribs are back in the rotation this Sunday) and trying to play more on the lathe. I'm trying to figure out hollowing;  I turned a set of shot glasses from some mystery wood, a series of small lidded boxes from dry maple, and just finished a set of three bowls from a freshly-fallen maple tree.   Green turning is kinda fun, because the wood cuts so easily and you quickly generate huge piles of long, long shavings.  Then the finished bowls warp into cool shapes as they dry, and everyone wonders how you did that...

Oh, and I've still got a huge pile of mulch on my driveway.  I'm only slowly making progress on getting that spread around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MartyZ said:

Here it is in reloading mode

20200424_114400_2.jpg

I've got a new reloading room setup on the horizon. I think I'll have to steal that t-track idea for the new bench. 

I already have a swapable setup, but the machine spacing is fixed. 

34 minutes ago, WP22 said:

I'm mastubating like crazy. My coworkers don't appreciate it.

Wow, rude of them.

You bastard.....do you know what it feels like to snort a Moscow Mule out your nose??!!! 

• Haha 1

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light," the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting," 

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

TAKE THE ADVICE OF OUR PRESIDENT(Sadly, an Idiot) AND TRY Mixing Vodka with Your Lysol

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, WP22 said:

I'm mastubating like crazy. My coworkers don't appreciate it.

Wow, rude of them.

"The rule here is total silence. We make no pretence of rehabilitation here. We're not priests, we're processors. A meat packer processes live animals into edible meat. We process dangerous men into harmless ones. This we accomplish by breaking you. Breaking you physically, spiritually and here. Strange things happen to the head here. Put all hope out of your mind, and masturbate as little as possible. It drains the strength."

The Warden at Reclusion, Papillon

Went to the range today to try aout the new Champion Workhorse. Worked great shot about 125 rounds. There were some people at the rifle, pistol, and shotgun ranges. We were socially distant:rolleyes:. Felt good to get out and do something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brucin said:

Went to the range today to try aout the new Champion Workhorse. Worked great shot about 125 rounds. There were some people at the rifle, pistol, and shotgun ranges. We were socially distant:rolleyes:. Felt good to get out and do something.

How did it work out?

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

How did it work out?

It worked great. I used the spikes that came with it to hold it in place and it didn't move at all. The only ones that broke on the throw were after we went out and picked up the missed birds so they may have had cracks. Only about 5 broke coming off the arm.

At the next shotgun shoot we'll have plenty of throwers. Whenever Bucky Beaver lets us go out and play in NJ 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, brucin said:

It worked great. I used the spikes that came with it to hold it in place and it didn't move at all. The only ones that broke on the throw were after we went out and picked up the missed birds so they may have had cracks. Only about 5 broke coming off the arm.

At the next shotgun shoot we'll have plenty of throwers. Whenever Bucky Beaver lets us go out and play in NJ 

@Displaced Texan has a new un fired shotgun. It’s probably killing him

43 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

It’s driving me nuts. 

Think of it like a long foreplay session. When you finally get to shoot it think of how good it will be.