Old Glock guy

What's everyone doing with their pandemic isolation free time?

I got my hunting license in NY. They were offering a completely online hunter ed course so I figured what the heck. Now I can get a NJ license to use at the Clinton ranges.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Those are rookie numbers...

Got a bottle of this from a cruise - 151 proof oofah.

2015051111_gosling_s_151_proof_rum_origi

I got a bottle of 160 proof rum while somewhere in the islands. A friend and I split the bottle while camping next to Lake Ontario. I got so drunk I tried to pee in the lake and fell off the 4'high bank right into the water/pee. Good times!

• Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

3 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Did it come with a complementary case of WuFlu?

No this was like 3 years ago :P

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

I got a bottle of 160 proof rum while somewhere in the islands. A friend and I split the bottle while camping next to Lake Ontario. I got so drunk I tried to pee in the lake and fell off the 4'high bank right into the water/pee. Good times!

Well if you were in the water, just let it gooooooooo :D 

Got the balcony done except for some trim, a bit of crown, some paint.  What a pain moving that rail.  The right rail was off a few weeks and "took a shape" and it wouldn't seat.  I ended up putting it on the floor with some brake rotors on it to flatting it back out.  Pain in my ass.

56 feet of 2x10

2 4'x8' sheets of 3/4 Advantech flooring

37 sq feet of 2-1/4" Maple 3/4" hardwood flooring

22 Joist hangers

3 sheets of drywall

2 gallons of paint

Also needed my palm nailer, coil nailer, flooring nailer, about 200 cleats, 400 nails and 50 screws.

All that to extend the balcony 30 inches.    The Master bedroom is now 25' x 15' minus the stairs.

new-sm.jpg

bottom-sm.jpg

Here is the OLD balcony layout.:

old-sm.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carl_g said:

I am so jonesing to go to a game and shoot photos..Today I took this picture of Sammy the Squirrel.

D41_5481-3.jpg

I like that you got the eyes in focus, I would have preferred it stopped down a little bit more because it gets soft so fast.  Squirrels can be real characters and sometimes you really have to have a fast shutter but I've got a few pics that are double twist, backflip, hanging by one foot from these acrobats.  It's a riot.

2 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I like that you got the eyes in focus, I would have preferred it stopped down a little bit more because it gets soft so fast.  Squirrels can be real characters and sometimes you really have to have a fast shutter but I've got a few pics that are double twist, backflip, hanging by one foot from these acrobats.  It's a riot.

And they taste good too. 

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

I am so jonesing to go to a game and shoot photos..Today I took this picture of Sammy the Squirrel.

My wife got some cell phone footage of a robin that would perch on a patio chair on our deck, then abruptly fly the 12" or so into the glass of one of the living room windows, then bounce back onto the patio chair.   It repeated this for EIGHT HOURS today.  Good thing it couldn't build up any real momentum.

4 hours ago, Malsua said:

Yeah the DOF is thin for sure. I think it’s shot at f/3.2 so it’s not all the way open lol!

5 hours ago, 10X said:

My wife got some cell phone footage of a robin that would perch on a patio chair on our deck, then abruptly fly the 12" or so into the glass of one of the living room windows, then bounce back onto the patio chair.   It repeated this for EIGHT HOURS today.  Good thing it couldn't build up any real momentum.

Democrat bird. It's New Jersey.

• Haha 1