Old Glock guy

What's everyone doing with their pandemic isolation free time?

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I work from home... and live alone... so, not a lot of change for me at all. Even my workflow is unchanged… one pipeline is down, but the other is up. However, in the first few days of this, I did find myself looking suspiciously at my usual parade of fresh-faced Millennial food delivery guys...  suddenly, they all looked like Petri dishes that had sprouted arms and legs! No good! :rofl:  Soooo, no more delivery until a little more data rolls in on this virus... and so that has spurred an unusual degree of menu planning and cooking in This Old House. For the most part, I've decided to largely conserve the canned goods, since they have the longest shelf life, and to use my frozen and fresh produce instead. So far, I've made big batches of homemade chicken soup and tomato sauce - and some of that has gone back into the freezer. Tomorrow will be either beef stew or beef vegetable soup - still deciding. I feel like Ina Garten!

And evening/weekend hours when I would usually be running out of the house... I'm now channeling towards organizing projects. Lots of bags piling up for good will, closets looking good... great progress! :)

What no crockpot pineapple meatloaf. 

• Crazy 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

and pulling ticks off the dogs.

Try this:

https://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Advantix-Mosquito-Prevention-XLarge/dp/B004QRJJ0K

I haven't had to pull a single tick off my pup since he's been on this, and we're in the woods all the time.

I figured I would use my quarantine time to pressure wash the deck. Tweaked my back dragging the washer up the stairs so that's off for a few days. Thank goodness it's not a severe tweak and should be fine in a day or 2.

Now i'm relegated to sitting around enjoying a few adult beverages. Poor poor pitiful me.

Monday is looking like a good day to get it done

Been working from home now for eight years.  All I need to work is my laptop, notebook, and cellphone.  I plan and coordinate training events, and as you can imagine, I had a lot of them canceled in the past three weeks and expect some events scheduled out to the first week of May to be postponed until later in the summer.

Will likely begin painting rooms in the house.  Also started taking long walks and began a weight lifting program two weeks ago.

Working from home...12hr days....keeping construction projects in process, some put on hold due to cov19....  not dead..hold...

Picked up a project in Miami base bldg...will keep me busy...

Company let some 'dead' wood go....took a 5% salary hit across the board company wide, but still working, so far.

Nothing much changed cept i haven't gone to the hot zone in 16+days....

Walking neighborhood with my wife, exercising, splitting wood, enjoying bourbon and tequila, and luckily lost six pounds !  As well as some two wheeled therapy....  major reloading this weekend

Tomorrow, three .410 Enfield muskets will be arriving... that will be my project until stuff settles down.

Hoping to get at least two complete rifles, even if I have to restock them. One I’ll likely keep in the chambering, and the other will be reamed to 3” .410. Unsure how that will be done, but either a coworker who does gunsmithing/FFL or ill give it a shot.

Between WFH and developing an e-learning platform for a process automation class, I have had zero free time.  Basically I am on meetings from 7AM to at least 7PM, then teaching a couple nights a week on top of that!

I got coughed on by a co-worker on St. Patrick's Day. He went home sick. I found out the next morning he was self quarantined due to likely having COVID-19. I immediately isolated myself and contacted Morristown Medical's COVID-19 hotline. I was told to self quarantine for 14 days.

I think I'm on day 9..or is 10? I'm sleeping in the guest room on a mattress I despise and I can't go to the chiropractor until I'm cleared. I can't go near my kids and my 18 month old gets upset that I can't play with him. My 5 yr old and I play board games while wearing masks and gloves. My wife works from home so I have to try and entertain the kidsand keep them quiet without physically interacting with them. This truly sucks and I can't wait until it's over.

Work is still open and I have my "essential employee" letter for when I can return. I'm going in a Tyvek suit, respirator, and sealed goggles. IDGAF. I'm not going through this again.