xXxplosive

No Police.....so what.

Fox News, Tucker Carlson Tonight 3/25/20: So Police announce they're not prosecuting low level crimes and Fox news shows video of the "Insects" who inhabit San Francisco filling up bags they brought with them into Wallgreens stores and just walking out without paying.... no one stopping them...hard to watch the blatant theft and larceny going on during this horrific time.....

• Crazy 1

16 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

meaning....

They've already cracked. Is their a local "chatter" page for your town on Facebook? Mine has one.

Those people are beyond the help of medical intervention... it's scary...

15 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

I recommend some wifi cameras outside your home set to alert you to motion.  Blink is decent and does not have any sort of contract.

Just remember, if you don't store the video on your own hardware, you don't own it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

I've got "Ring" outside and one little doggy...………...

I was really looking into ring until I found out they decided to allow law enforcement agencies access to your videos whenever they request, without your knowledge, permission or consent.  They say it is so they can prosecute crime faster, but I have an issue with my security footage being accessible by anyone but me without my consent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

I was really looking into ring until I found out they decided to allow law enforcement agencies access to your videos whenever they request, without your knowledge, permission or consent.  They say it is so they can prosecute crime faster, but I have an issue with my security footage being accessible by anyone but me without my consent.

I had issues with cloud based cameras too, that's why my systems are hardwired and record to a DVRs in my house. I'm the only one with access to them, not a bunch of cloud technicians or LEOs, who knows where they are. Plus, I control the length and type of storage, not some cloud company technician, that can turn it off with a click of a mouse.

Plus, there's been multiple reports of their systems getting hacked, and hackers watching what's going on in your house.

No thanks... I'll be the technician...

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Never put a camera in your house.  Watch the perimeter.  Closed is better. 

But wait, I need to watch the dog when I'm at work... :mutley:

14 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

At some point I’ll go that route

What are you waiting for, a break in?  My perimeter is completely covered by multiple cameras.

It is Democrat Party wealth redistribution. For example in San Fran, everyone gets $900 of free merchandise with every "shopping trip". Police do not respond. If the "shopper" is unlucky, the shopper gets a ticket. I thought I recall Krasner doing this in Philly with the free merch set at $750. Don't know if it was implemented but I thought he proposed it early on.

Who pays for this welfare? Initially insurance companies, but thereafter it is the law-abiding citizen who pays in higher insurance premiums across the board and higher prices at the store by merchants who have to cover the cost of shrinkage (retail buzzword for shoplifting and other theft).

It is policy. Just the same as the Philly Police Chief's new policy of not jailing persons involved in vandalism, theft and burglary. Those are the hallmarks of looting. Green light for looting. How is that not policy? It was done on purpose.

12 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Fox News, Tucker Carlson Tonight 3/25/20: So Police announce they're not prosecuting low level crimes and Fox news shows video of the "Insects" who inhabit San Francisco filling up bags they brought with them into Wallgreens stores and just walking out without paying.... no one stopping them...hard to watch the blatant theft and larceny going on during this horrific time.....

Shit like that is why my SIL temp closed her bodega in Linden.  

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

It is Democrat Party wealth redistribution. For example in San Fran, everyone gets $900 of free merchandise with every "shopping trip". Police do not respond. If the "shopper" is unlucky, the shopper gets a ticket. I thought I recall Krasner doing this in Philly with the free merch set at $750. Don't know if it was implemented but I thought he proposed it early on.

Who pays for this welfare? Initially insurance companies, but thereafter it is the law-abiding citizen who pays in higher insurance premiums across the board and higher prices at the store by merchants who have to cover the cost of shrinkage (retail buzzword for shoplifting and other theft).

It is policy. Just the same as the Philly Police Chief's new policy of not jailing persons involved in vandalism, theft and burglary. Those are the hallmarks of looting. Green light for looting. How is that not policy? It was done on purpose.

That's how you get roof Koreans. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, leahcim said:

And that's what will happen. Those stores will move out of these areas and then they'll have nothing.

Yup, and then the leftists will say business are discriminating against poor areas and that it's racism.

• Agree 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:13 PM, Sniper said:

But wait, I need to watch the dog when I'm at work... :mutley:

What are you waiting for, a break in?  My perimeter is completely covered by multiple cameras.

Bigger pain is the ass to do.  Have bigger fish to fry in short term.

The dog does not want you watching him. And you work from home.

I was told tonight by a neighboring municipality leo that they were to stand down to driving infraction stops.   Only interact with real issues. I guess violent crimes only.  Thats why you haven’t seen many cars pulled over. Shits gettin real.  And now bucky knocks out the 2a.  Good job jackass.  

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Bigger pain is the ass to do.  Have bigger fish to fry in short term.

What's your and your wife's personal safety worth?

13 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

The dog does not want you watching him.

Ha... he isn't the one in charge here. If he wants cookies, he has to deal with it :mutley:(and no, there aren't any cameras inside my house).

14 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

And you work from home.

Ha.. well technically, I don't, I'm retired... unless you're counting all the projects wifey starts for me as "work".. :crazy:

14 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

I was told tonight by a neighboring municipality leo that they were to stand down to driving infraction stops.   Only interact with real issues. I guess violent crimes only.

Not only that, my local LEO's said they weren't coming to home calls, unless it's a major issue. They said to go online and fill out a form for a break-in or robbery or something similar.

6 minutes ago, Sniper said:

What's your and your wife's personal safety worth?

I would ask you the same question.  Hosted video is more reliable than what you have.   There are downsides to each type of system, but on prem DVRs are less reliable.

Your question is irrelevant.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Hosted video is more reliable than what you have.

Really?

WiFi recorded video data hosted on some unknown cloud server, controlled by some unknown person/company is more reliable? Wow, you really do believe their advertising.

6 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

There are downsides to each type of system, but on prem DVRs are less reliable.

Says who, Ring and Blink?

Yes there are downsides, the wireless cloud systems have more downsides. Just remember,  if you don't hold it (the data), you don't own it.... Just like gold and silver.

If you're looking for a novelty video doorbell, Ring is your winner. If you want a REAL security system, protecting your complete house and property, hardwired with onsite storage, is the way to go.

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Really?

WiFi recorded video data hosted on some unknown cloud server, controlled by some unknown person/company is more reliable? Wow, you really do believe their advertising.

Says who, Ring and Blink?

Yes there are downsides, the wireless cloud systems have more downsides. Just remember,  if you don't hold it (the data), you don't own it.... Just like gold and silver.

If you're looking for a novelty video doorbell, Ring is your winner. If you want a REAL security system, protecting your complete house and property, hardwired with onsite storage, is the way to go.

Uh. Yes.  You have their staff and redundant systems in their top tier data centers with multiple 10 gb ISP connections in your house?

Yeah.  Really.