45Doll

Telll Murphy To Open FFLs NOW!

At his news conference yesterday Governor Murphy said:

“I respect the Second Amendment. I have gotten not one complaint from anybody that they were trying to buy a gun and they couldn’t.”

So I just wrote to the Governor here:

Topic:          Law and public safety
Sub-topic:  Civil Rights

Governor Murphy:

At the Governor's news conference on March 25 you stated that "I respect the Second Amendment. I have gotten not one complaint from anybody that they were trying to buy a gun and they couldn’t.”

Well here is your first complaint. I have completed all necessary paperwork and background checks to purchase a pistol which is waiting for me at my FFL. But since you elected to suspend my Second Amendment Constitutional Rights by declaring all firearm dealers 'non-essential' and closing the NICS service, I cannot take possession of the pistol.

You are alone in this position, since the Democrat Governors of Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Illinois have acknowledged the rights of their citizens, and not the wishful fantasies of gun control activists.

Please reconsider your position and re-classify firearm dealers as essential. All your work to suppress the coronavirus threat will be useless if the citizens of this state cannot properly and robustly defend themselves, should that need arrive during this crisis.

Thank you in advance for your reconsideration.

I think he needs to hear more than one complaint! What say you? If you agree you should email everyone you know to get on this, and not just forum members.

Note: if you use this form, write out your text ahead of time and copy and paste it in. Phone numbers must be entered without hyphens. If you make a mistake on the form, when you go back it erases the message you typed.

Edited by 45Doll
Suggestion added.

1 minute ago, 45Doll said:

At his news conference yesterday Governor Murphy said:

“I respect the Second Amendment. I have gotten not one complaint from anybody that they were trying to buy a gun and they couldn’t.”

He may not be lying. Technically “not one” includes “more than one”. 

but I agree everyone should complain 

This is a perfect illustration of governmental tyranny.  Who would have thought it would happen in NJ?  Where is ABC-TDS's outrage?  And by the stroke of an anti-Constitutionalist's pen... Doesn't this discriminate toward and affect the poor, protected anti-gun, liberal class from waiting til the last minute to defend its sorry ass by seeking some instruments of freedom and protection?

My letter:

Governor Murphy:

At the Governor's news conference on March 25 you stated that "I respect the Second Amendment. I have gotten not one complaint from anybody that they were trying to buy a gun and they couldn’t.”

Well here is a complaint for you. You elected to suspend my Second Amendment Constitutional Rights by declaring all firearm dealers 'non-essential' and closing the NICS service, as well as closing all public and private ranges. I find myself struggling to see how you reached the conclusion that liquor stores are essential, while deeming FFL and ranges not. Even though indoor, commercial ranges have advanced air filtration systems, I could understand the concern and your reasoning to close them; while still disagreeing. I can not see your reasoning however in closing outdoor ranges, including private clubs. These ranges are setup in a way that well exceeds social distancing guidelines. Have you ever seen one? I would welcome the opportunity to guest you in to my range. I regret that our by-laws limit me to two guests at a time, so you could only have one body guard with you, should you feel the need.

You are alone in these positions, since the Democrat Governors of Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Illinois have acknowledged the rights of their citizens, and not the wishful fantasies of gun control activists.

Please reconsider your position and re-classify firearm dealers as essential as well as re-open (at a minimum) outdoor ranges. All your work to suppress the coronavirus threat will be useless if the citizens of this state cannot properly and robustly defend themselves, should that need arrive during this crisis.

Thank you in advance for your reconsideration.

• Like 1

Well done KC!

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Murphy and his millions don't give a shit what "we" think.  He's going to do what he wants.

That's true. That doesn't mean we shouldn't hold him up to public scrutiny. He does care about politics.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

He may not be lying. Technically “not one” includes “more than one”. 

but I agree everyone should complain 

He may also be technically correct in that he doesn't bother having anyone forward any kinds of complaints on to him. 

I mena is anyone complaining if you stick your fingers in your ears and say "NAH NAH NAH I'M NOT LISTENING" over and over? 

I just attempted to submit my complaint and got this: 

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

Type Exception Report

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs

He can't get a complaint if he disables the means to submit it. 

After Pennsylvania and multiple other states have allowed federally licensed firearms stores to remain open as essential businesses, Senator Steve Oroho and Assemblymen Parker Space and Hal Wirths are calling upon Governor Murphy to do the same.

https://www.senatenj.com/index.php/district24/oroho-space-wirths-call-on-governor-to-open-legal-firearms-businesses/47045

• Like 1

It gets even better, with FFLs closed and NICS not operating, I got a Nixle email today stating they won't extend dates on existing P2P past 180  days.

......" We have received guidance from the New Jersey State Police Firearms Unit and have been informed that due to the volume of applications and the response, there may be delays with the 212A and mental health checks. IdentoGo facilities have been temporarily closed at this time which will cause a major delay for first time applicants. This is a mandatory criminal history check which cannot be completed until these facilities reopen to the public. We anticipate other checks included in the process which are completed by our personnel to also be delayed due to the high volume of applications at this time.

Once all required application background checks are completed, applicants will be contacted by Det. Leanne Petracca who will advise applicants of the process to obtaining your firearms identification cards and pistol permits.  Pick up of ID cards and permits may be slightly different then previously experienced based upon guidance from the State Police Firearms Unit at this time. Once again, these changes are for public safety to limit possible exposure to Covid-19.  

Be further advised that at this time as per the Governor’s executive order, firearms stores have been closed, NICS is not operational, and the state currently has no plan to extend handgun purchase permits past 180 days. All applications will only be accepted through the online FARS system.

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It gets even better, with FFLs closed and NICS not operating, I got a Nixle email today stating they won't extend dates on existing P2P past 180  days.

......" We have received guidance from the New Jersey State Police Firearms Unit and have been informed that due to the volume of applications and the response, there may be delays with the 212A and mental health checks. IdentoGo facilities have been temporarily closed at this time which will cause a major delay for first time applicants. This is a mandatory criminal history check which cannot be completed until these facilities reopen to the public. We anticipate other checks included in the process which are completed by our personnel to also be delayed due to the high volume of applications at this time.

Once all required application background checks are completed, applicants will be contacted by Det. Leanne Petracca who will advise applicants of the process to obtaining your firearms identification cards and pistol permits.  Pick up of ID cards and permits may be slightly different then previously experienced based upon guidance from the State Police Firearms Unit at this time. Once again, these changes are for public safety to limit possible exposure to Covid-19.  

Be further advised that at this time as per the Governor’s executive order, firearms stores have been closed, NICS is not operational, and the state currently has no plan to extend handgun purchase permits past 180 days. All applications will only be accepted through the online FARS system.

Yeah, useless permits if you can even get them. 

I'm tempted to apply and see if they bill me without delivering a usable permit. Sue them for theft by deception, add in every minute spent dealing with the BS as damages. 

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

So you are telling me, I can't even extend the four remaining permits that expire April 6th??? 

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

So you are telling me, I can't even extend the four remaining permits that expire April 6th??? 

I'm sure they'll refund your money for the unusable permits:mutley:

3 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Highly unlikely, I am going to try and extend my permits.

I hope you realize I was being facetious. 

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

This shutdown of NICS is making the case to get rid of handgun permits even stronger than it ever was. Handgun permits are completely obsolete now that FTF sales are banned. There is now no way to legally buy a hand gun without a NICS check in NJ aside from the very few limited exceptions where the buyer and seller are an immediate family member, a LEO, or a C&R holder. Add a shutdown of NICS on top of expiring needless permits and I think this is ripe for a lawsuit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

There is now no way to legally buy a hand gun without a NICS check in NJ aside from the very few limited exceptions where the buyer and seller are an immediate family member, a LEO, or a C&R holder.

Doesn't that also apply to long guns? They need a NICS too.

Just like that, one dictator stopped ALL gun sales in the state, without a shot being fired.

3 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

Add a shutdown of NICS on top of expiring needless permits and I think this is ripe for a lawsuit.

Just add that lawsuit to all the other ones that have stacked up, right? When will SCOTUS sort it all out?

45 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

This shutdown of NICS is making the case to get rid of handgun permits even stronger than it ever was. Handgun permits are completely obsolete now that FTF sales are banned. There is now no way to legally buy a hand gun without a NICS check in NJ aside from the very few limited exceptions where the buyer and seller are an immediate family member, a LEO, or a C&R holder. Add a shutdown of NICS on top of expiring needless permits and I think this is ripe for a lawsuit.

If we can get rid of the permit system, would it also get rid of the one handgun a month law?

6 hours ago, charbs1985 said:

I just attempted to submit my complaint and got this: 

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

Type Exception Report

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs

He can't get a complaint if he disables the means to submit it. 

Same here!!!  Fkn jerkoff he is...