45Doll

Telll Murphy To Open FFLs NOW!

1 hour ago, 9X19 said:

Meanwhile @ the NRA....crickets chirping!

Not trying to argue... but ANJRPC has filed a lawsuit... and they are the local NRA affiliate. I'm guessing (true, only guessing) that they probably take those actions in coordination with the NRA.

If that's so, what more exactly do you expect the NRA to do?  And it's not a wiseass question either! There may, in fact, be things they should be doing. It just seems to me that if the NRA's state affiliates are filing suits in the states where the problems are occurring - that seems logical, doesn't it? What am I missing?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Not trying to argue... but ANJRPC has filed a lawsuit... and they are the local NRA affiliate. I'm guessing (true, only guessing) that they probably take those actions in coordination with the NRA.

If that's so, what more exactly do you expect the NRA to do?  And it's not a wiseass question either! There may, in fact, be things they should be doing. It just seems to me that if the NRA's state affiliates are filing suits in the states where the problems are occurring - that seems logical, doesn't it? What am I missing?

@Mrs. Peel You ain't missin' a thing!  What SOME people with a chip on their shoulders for the NRA are missing is the fluidity and fast response of Dan Schmutter & the DC lawyerin' crew for ANJRPC to take the Governor's smug reaction & flippant comments to Roubian (the Reporter mentioned in the NRA Instagram that 250K followers already viewed) and USE IT IN THEIR SUIT!

Here's a very fair overview of what's going on, published just this morning, prior to picking-up my GFH Goody Bags from Colandro:

NJ STATE NRA ASSOC. FILES MOTION ON NICS!
ANJRPC PILES-ON WITH A 3RD FED. LAWSUIT!
by Black Wire Media Friday Mar. 27, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

In a legal maneuver resembling a one-two punch, the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs (ANJRPC) responded with their own lawsuit ( https://cdn.ymaws.com/…/legal_…/anjrpc_sues_nj_complaint.pdf
) challenging the entire shutdown of the background check system portal the State Police have (needlessly) run for years. Using an Executive Order on COVID-19 as a false front, our Governor's answer to "the Reporter", then smirking about it at a press conference with his arms crossed when called-out on it by NJ2AS's Alex Roubian, our state NRA Association (ANJRPC) did then use the Governor's own remarks to Roubian as part of their suit:

"Governor Murphy has even admitted that his assault on the Second Amendment was motivated by his hatred of guns, not by safety concerns about Coronavirus. When asked just yesterday by a reporter why he didn’t deem gun stores to be “essential,” he stated “a safer society for my taste has fewer guns and not more guns.” He said nothing about Coronavirus, which is apparently just a pretext for shutting down the Second Amendment." ---ANJRPC official statement

In addition to the lawsuits piling-up over the NICS portal shutdown ---the national NICS is still fully functional btw--- our state NRA Association did file a "PLAINTIFFS’ BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF THEIR MOTION FOR A TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER AND/OR PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION". This vitally important document seeks "injunctive RELIEF" (rather IMMEDIATE!) and can be read here: https://cdn.ymaws.com/…/lega…/anjrpc_sues_nj_legal_brief.pdf

The Second Amendment Foundation spearheaded a lawsuit against the NICS shutdown, filing it yesterday with multiple plaintiffs including CNJFO sponsor Legacy Indoor Range and Armory, Legend Firearms, Robert Kashinsky and other individuals, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and NJ2AS. It can be viewed here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track…

When reached for comment, Melissa Deeney, co-owner of Plaintiff Legacy Indoor Range & Armory in Cinnaminson, NJ had this to say:

"I'm happy to see so many suits aligned against this blatant attack on our 2A rights. The most upsetting part for me personally is the first time buyers. They have been vetted by the state, have their FID (after usually months) and permits - and we cannot help them. All the state has to do is let us use the Federal System directly or allow the NICS State team to work remotely. Instead they shut down the ability to submit new checks. Our entire queue (customer list of transfers awaiting approvals--Ed.) of Friday (3/20) and Saturday (3/21) work was warned that they may not come back before the anticipated shut down. They are all in limbo. The one that upsets me the most is a woman who came in for her first purchase... Fear is palpable... She still can't have her firearm because the state shut NICS down at the state level." ---Melissa Deeney, Legacy Indoor Range & Armory

As more news breaks we'll be sure to give it to you, as always with our expert analysis & opinion.

---The Editors

Image may contain: possible text that says 'New Jersey's Official State Rifle & Pistol Association ANJRPC Defending The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Since 1936 ANJRPC SUES TO END GOV. MURPHY'S SECOND AMENDMENT SHUTDOWN IN NJ Motion Filed Today to Stop the Shutdown ANJRPC Prepared to Go to U.S. Supreme Court Murphy Admits 2A Shutdown is not about Coronavirus!'

A very good friend of mine who happens to volunteer for the NJ women of The DC Project, Legacy Indoor Range & Armory FFL Melissa Deeney's quote is also made bold.  Legacy is a co-Plaintiff on the original (SAF, NJ2AS, Kashinsky, Legend Firearms, et-al) case :) 

FACTS work for me better than supposition.  If I want a story with FACTS, I get on the phone.  Really wish more people here would learn, for once, to play nice & stop throwing gas on a fire!

Have a COVID-19 free day!

Rosey 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

... published just this morning ...

NJ STATE NRA ASSOC. FILES MOTION ON NICS!
ANJRPC PILES-ON WITH A 3RD FED. LAWSUIT!
by Black Wire Media Friday Mar. 27, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

Rosey,

How do I get these updates from you? I am a member of CNJFO, ANJRPC, NJ2AS and the NRA. I get some emails from CNJFO (3/22 being the most recent), but feel like I am missing out on what I see you post here from time to time. I do not see the above on the CNJFO site either.

Thanks

Kevin

Edit to add: Can you (or anyone else) provide the best place to check for updates on these lawsuits? I've read there are two.

• Thanks 1

Just now, kc17 said:

Rosey,

How do I get these updates from you? I am a member of CNJFO, ANJRPC, NJ2AS and the NRA. I get some emails from CNJFO (3/22 being the most recent), but feel like I am missing out on what I see you post here from time to time. I do not see the above on the CNJFO site either.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin,

Ever since Ammoland contributor, NJ resident, Merchant Marine & soon-to-be CNJFO Life Member John Petrolino joined our all-volunteer writing staff, he asked to be tasked with re-posting almost every story we post to Facebook to the CNJFO "Black Wire Blog" seen HERE:  https://www.cnjfo.com/news .  When he's aboard ship it takes him a day or two to catch-up with what we post, so give him some time for today's stories.  Each story is assigned its own unique web-page, and the blog now contains stories at least as far back as November, when I wrote about Neal DeBennedetto, the Lacey HS student given a 40-day out of school suspension for a fashion accessory known as a "bullet belt" which HE NEVER WORE IN SCHOOL!

After you "catch-up", I'd suggest a daily visit to the Black Wire Blog to stay CURRENT!

FWIW:  We keep our emails to a minimum so as to not bother people on a daily or weekly basis.

And for those actually on Facebook, you get it as soon as it's published by LIKING OUR PAGE:  https://www.facebook.com/cnjfo 

Enjoy catching-up & stay healthy!  Thanks again for your steadfast support!

Rosey

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, charbs1985 said:

I just attempted to submit my complaint and got this: 

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

Type Exception Report

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs

He can't get a complaint if he disables the means to submit it. 

15 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Same here!!!  Fkn jerkoff he is...

I'm not sure what this Java error indicates, but the Contact page on the website is still working as of 3:15 PM Friday. My test is based on a Windows 10 PC with either the Chrome, Internet Explorer or Edge browsers. I have not seen the website fail.

If you're on a different OS or browser (or mobile?) that doesn't support Java that might be the cause. Although I'm not positive.

21 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Instead of offering me free shit to renew my months-away membership and sending out mailer after mailer and keeping the US Postal System afloat, why not buy some air time and get some adds out in the People's Republik.  Oh, that's right, they can't because the media is controlled by the Leftist, Globalist, Statists with tyranny on their mind.  

On 3/26/2020 at 9:47 AM, 45Doll said:

At his news conference yesterday Governor Murphy said:

“I respect the Second Amendment. I have gotten not one complaint from anybody that they were trying to buy a gun and they couldn’t.”

So I just wrote to the Governor here:

Topic:          Law and public safety
Sub-topic:  Civil Rights

Governor Murphy:

At the Governor's news conference on March 25 you stated that "I respect the Second Amendment. I have gotten not one complaint from anybody that they were trying to buy a gun and they couldn’t.”

Well here is your first complaint. I have completed all necessary paperwork and background checks to purchase a pistol which is waiting for me at my FFL. But since you elected to suspend my Second Amendment Constitutional Rights by declaring all firearm dealers 'non-essential' and closing the NICS service, I cannot take possession of the pistol.

You are alone in this position, since the Democrat Governors of Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Illinois have acknowledged the rights of their citizens, and not the wishful fantasies of gun control activists.

Please reconsider your position and re-classify firearm dealers as essential. All your work to suppress the coronavirus threat will be useless if the citizens of this state cannot properly and robustly defend themselves, should that need arrive during this crisis.

Thank you in advance for your reconsideration.

I think he needs to hear more than one complaint! What say you? If you agree you should email everyone you know to get on this, and not just forum members.

Note: if you use this form, write out your text ahead of time and copy and paste it in. Phone numbers must be entered without hyphens. If you make a mistake on the form, when you go back it erases the message you typed.

No wonder he has not heard any complaints--every time I hit "submit" I get "HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error"

No indication as to what it did not like or why it failed.  Who writes these crappy websites?  a little input sanitization and maybe report back specific error info rather than just a generic HTTP error.  Makes me wonder what kind of cybersecurity they have on these websites too.

14 minutes ago, leahcim said:

No wonder he has not heard any complaints--every time I hit "submit" I get "HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error"

No indication as to what it did not like or why it failed.  Who writes these crappy websites?  a little input sanitization and maybe report back specific error info rather than just a generic HTTP error.  Makes me wonder what kind of cybersecurity they have on these websites too.

OK, you are correct. I just tested it and got the same error when submitting. That was not the case when I submitted my complaint.

When I tested it before I did not actually submit something; just check that the page was valid. 

Now get this. I went to the IT contact page, filled out the form and specified the page failure, and when I hit the "Contact Us!" button to submit it I got:

404 Error

That page doesn't exist!

They must have shut down all the contact pages. Maybe they've been overwhelmed with all of it, not just the firearm complaints.