124gr9mm

DHS says firearm manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges are critical

Guidance released this weekend updating the list of "ESSENTIAL CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE WORKERS":

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA_Guidance_on_the_Essential_Critical_Infrastructure_Workforce_Version_2.0_Updated.pdf

Specifically, "Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges."

Looks like we may get to go shooting again...

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

I did not read it, but I thought the guidance included ranges. Hopefully at a minimum outdoor ranges will reopen.

Seems like he'll defer to the Federal guidance, which says ranges are essential  - “It wouldn’t be my definition but that’s the definition at the federal level and I didn’t get a vote on that,” Murphy said at his press briefing on Monday.

3 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Seems like he'll defer to the Federal guidance, which says ranges are essential  - “It wouldn’t be my definition but that’s the definition at the federal level and I didn’t get a vote on that,” Murphy said at his press briefing on Monday.

I dunno...the email update I got from ANJRPC about 20 minutes ago reads in part:

However, the Governor’s office has confirmed to ANJRPC sources that ranges are to remain closed, despite Trump Administration guidance to the contrary.

36 minutes ago, 10X said:

I dunno...the email update I got from ANJRPC about 20 minutes ago reads in part:

However, the Governor’s office has confirmed to ANJRPC sources that ranges are to remain closed, despite Trump Administration guidance to the contrary.

Wow.

Crazy...

I suspect the President's guidance gave Murphy a way to change his position on gun shops and still save face.  "keeping" arms requires being able to purchase them.  I think he knew he would lose that fight in federal court.  But, there is no Constitutional provision that protects the right to shoot recreationally, he's more likely to win that one so he's not budging on range closures.

13 minutes ago, Danno said:

What about private clubs like CJRPC or Old Bridge? Technically they are gun clubs not open to the puplic?

Initially, CJRPC had indoor range closed and maintain social distance on the outdoor ranges.  It might be hard to maintain social distance at an indoor range.  Then they changed it to closed which is still posted on their website last I looked.  

Give it time.  We'll see.

Murphy sees "club" and might think we drink and dance to rap there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

I suspect the President's guidance gave Murphy a way to change his position on gun shops and still save face.  "keeping" arms requires being able to purchase them.  I think he knew he would lose that fight in federal court.  But, there is no Constitutional provision that protects the right to shoot recreationally, he's more likely to win that one so he's not budging on range closures.

Let’s see if the State opens their outdoor WMA ranges. Per this notice, they’re still closed. 

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

They won't

Not unless forced to open them by the courts.

I hope this this is instrumental in torpedoing Murphy's plans to serve a second term.

It's SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT to release convicted criminals from the prisons and leave the pot shops and liquor stores open than to protect the fundamental safety of the law abiding citizens subjects of this state.

It's been that way for a long time and it continues.

Long-standing, apparently lawful (ha!) behavior of officials who think they are our better. :FLIPA:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1