CAL. .30 M1

Wellness Messages & Uplifting Thoughts

I didn't know where to put this so I placed it here - :)

I was hoping to start a thread of support for those that may be challenged in these times, and whether you may admit it or not, we all have personal demons that poke us from time to time. 

God knows I do !

Maybe this thread can be populated with wellness, uplifting thoughts, mental strength, fortitude etc.

Kelly's Heroes Oddball - Negative Waves on Make a GIF

There is enough crap in the world that can tear the best man or woman down, beat them to a pulp - let's try to lift each other up.

Remember one thing - this 'war', is going to end and there is another side to all curves.

Star Wars Weekly Social Buzz! Final Days of Episode VIII Filming ...

Oh and finally, it *is*  - Taylor ham, egg, american cheese salt pepper ketchup....on a roll, with a greek cupped black coffee...  :)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Handyman said:

I wouldn't worry about the covid with her, but there are some other viruses that would scare me. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's a walking petri dish.

Now... here's an uplifting story about a good doggy:

https://www.insider.com/dog-delivers-groceries-to-self-isolating-neighbor-coronavirus-2020-3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Hot damn! How'd I miss that?

You supply the thread

I have searched for all this week.

Zeke rim jobs no more. 

Back on topic, here is a good site for good news type stuff:

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Screw this virus. 

Looking forward to the first clay shoot after life returns to normal.  I'm gonna be hugging EVERYONE!

Hope that's uplifting enough.

"Hugs and slugs" next title for next clay shoot!

I’m not a hugger , @High Exposure does it to me all the time to make me uncomfortable 

Posted by me about me elsewhere on 3/24/2020 and edited to current time frames.

Walnuts, Chestnuts, Grapefruits and Oranges.

No..... this is not about your favorite nut, color, etc... 
But this is wondering what is normal and how does those two nuts compare to a good size Grapefruit or Orange...

This message is a multi faceted post. PLEASE READ ALL OF IT.

Whether you missed me or not, it is ok. Because this is a warning to everyone and anyone in a similar situation.

As some of you may recall, years ago, (believe it was May of '17), I had my heart ripped from me when they thought I had cancer of the prostate. Levels where high and my doc said lets not take any more chances. Get a biopsy. So getting checked is important. Don't think you are ok. I had no cancer in any of my family that was handed down. Took 3 months to get results back. The weight of a cinder block was on my chest killing me.
Luckily, it was no cancer. So why was my PSA so high? They still don't know but it happens when you start getting old. You might have an enlarged prostate with or without cancer and may live a normal life taking a few pills.

Over the years, my PSA crept up a little at a time. Doc asked if I cared and said no. Just keep giving me the medz and I'll deal with it.

This passed July, my wife and I took a trip to visit Nighthawk Industries in Ar. I drove practically non stop for 14 or so hours. I'm/was like a camel.
----------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Fast forward... At or around Dec 10th, I started having really serious pain. My blood pressure spiked to extremely high numbers. I could have died... 
I could not pee at all! I turned into a virtual H-Bomb! Pain like I never felt before from the core. Wife rushed me to ER in which they inserted a catheter. I could fill up a gas tank. We figured it could have just been a blockage, so I had them remove it.

6hrs later, I was back in the ER....
Since Dec 10th, I have had 7 of these cats installed. They suck! The worse was when we spent all of Christmas Day in the ER. Ruined Christmas and her vacation. We were going to travel. Good thing we didn't.
I was tested again. Cameras, typical exam, then another biopsy. Still no cancer, BUT the doc said it was HUUUGE!

Walnut vs Chestnut vs Grapefruit vs Orange.

First doc said it was huge. Normal size if you look it up is the size of a walnut. He said chestnut. I said you pick your own nuts.

They decided to get me in for a Simple Open Prostatectomy. It was scheduled for 03/23. Except, hospitals where going into emergency mode because of this Cov19 crap. Luckily, he got me in on the 19th before the shut down. Big props to him!

Anyone, 'simple' might be for them. They cut you open like a trout from the belly button to your groin area. Move/cut your ab muscle and move bladder out of the way, cut open prostate and literally use their fingers to pull out the prostate fiber. This protects the nerve bundles. You folks can look up how important that is.

When I was recovering, my doc said it was the size of a grapefruit. I said, omg. Did I break a record? Next day, the assisting surgeon came in and says it was the size of his fist. A good size Orange.

I was released that Saturday with a good size incision and 22 staples. 3 days in the hospital.
painful ain't the word for it. It's like getting kicked in the gut a dozen times. So when you see these movies of actors getting back up after repeatedly getting kicks in the lower abs, just laugh. You ain't getting up no matter how much dren is flowing.

The story here is do not do nothing. This could have happened to me in the middle of the Ozarks. Nobody around where a flight chopper could get to, let alone cell service. I could have died in excruciating pain while my wife watched me die in agony.

2 weeks ago, hopefully got last cat out and I'll be good till I die from old age or something else. They say I can drive a truck through my urethra now. Last Thurs, got my staples out and then just light duty for awhile. Wouldn't wish this on anyone. The whole transitional period was based on not needing surgery but instead, medication. Tamusolun and Finisteride did nothing. So for about 4 months, I was a test subject in lots of pain!

Walnuts, Chestnuts, Grapefruits and Oranges. Total blockage. Never heard of this before from anyone I knew or in the news. There was no warning!

Don't wait to see what category you fall in.
Might sound like just getting old probs. But you know how that goes...
On the mend now and now confined again like 5 months wasn't enough. 

Anyone complaining about limiting exposure, getting locked down or otherwise, should think about what others may go through. 
Same BS with these stim checks. People saying they are going to buy new guns and toys.... You don't need them that bad. 
Keep in mind your financial situation and medical insurance, your loved ones, etc... Hopefully my insurance pays for this whole mess because as of right now, I have over $60,000 in related medical bills!

• Sad 1