Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Nogunverysad said:

I was never given a court date. They never got back to me. It was ignored. 

Sounds odd. It's a pretty standard thing. They get your appeal request and mail you your court date in superior court. Did you call the court, prosecutor, PD you requested it from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greenday said:

Sounds odd. It's a pretty standard thing. They get your appeal request and mail you your court date in superior court. Did you call the court, prosecutor, PD you requested it from?

I agree with you. But no, I will tell you honestly I was a naive 18 year old when applying and didn’t know how to handle it that far without legal advice that I could’nt afford at the time. The PD clearly wants to deny people and trap them in the process which they did to me. Now I’m in quite the predicament trying to fix this. My record is still spotless so that’s good I’d hope for an eventual appeal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A denied FPID only means you can't purchase a long gun in NJ, transport outside the exemption, or buy handgun ammo. You may lawfully possess and transport under an exemption any already owned firearms. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its not a news worthy  attention grabbing topic.  Youll hear crickets.  All i can say is call his office.    And wait.  I had an issue where i applied for my nh permit.  Most people get it in 2 weeks.  2 mos later nothing.   They gave me a run around.  I figured hes bar sanctioned in nh.   Called time after time.   No response.  Youll see. Unless hes broke and needs money hell respond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now that I'm a Maine resident I'm supposed to get an out of state FID card but I'm not going to. I spend equal amount of time between the 2 states but my driver's license is for Maine. If I'm gonna buy a new gun I'm doing it up there where I don't need to buy something that's been neutered. Only disadvantage I think I while I'm in NJ is being able to buy handgun ammo in person, I can just drive 30 minutes to Easton and do that. I also know I can't bring any NFA items to NJ that aren't class 1's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GIVE ME RECTUMS WITH MY MASHED POTATOES!

Such hair-splitting bullshit.  You people must have taken lessons from ME, lol!

Conflating voting laws with firearms laws and tax liability laws all rolled into one.  You people confuse yourselves.  Like lookin' for permission to breathe AIR, you ain't gonna find it in the 2C statutes OR in the orange Bible.

@45Doll is livin' the dream.  He's the expert about this shit cause he already did it, is doin' it and will continue to do it!

I've covered this several times throughout the years,  Pity it's so hard to use the library of those thousands of posts of mine, @Zeke and others.

Nappen will tell you to use a crosswalk & look both ways.  Then you'll get a bill.

In NJ there is no designation of what a residence IS within the firearms statutes.  2 days, 2 months or 20 years.  You don't need to own or rent to make residence in another state.  You could just be living there rent-free in the basement!  All that's required is some DNA on a toothbrush!  Gee that couch folds-out!  Can I pay the cable bill Uncle Steve?  Do I have metadata on my phone with a Facebook live video shot on Uncle Steve's couch with myself in pajamas?  These & other hair-splitting scenarios are plentiful.

Now let's get to the brass tacks!  As they say "at the end of the day....."

The kid wants to buy guns in Florida with a denial hanging over his head.  He doesn't know why he was denied & never got or responded to the denial.  Choir Boy or Rapist?  Who here knows for sure?  Maybe his name popped up on the radar screen and he was denied because his name matches a scumbag's?  And maybe the Cops never checked further for address, town, age, social security number, etc.?  Don't laugh, a member of this forum has been thru that shit already!  Or. or, or....could it be a troll from Mom's Demand?

Why stop at only 2 residences?  When applying deep thinking, in regards to NJ firearms, one must always play "Pretend".  You need to pretend you own 3-4 residences within NJ (like SOME do) and then try to apply the EXEMPTIONS.  Then see where you come out.  THEN PRETEND you live in another state AND you're a nationally-ranked competitive shooter that attends matches throughout this state AND the country.  Meaning:  IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR SMALL WORLD!

Maybe THEN some of you will STOP with the "You need a NJFPID card to own & transport" firearms into & out of NJ???

In essence, you have to remove yourself & your personal situation from the equation when answering firearms questions regarding the convoluted, vague, and often juxtaposed firearms statutes.

I've been busy.  Does anyone here know that NJSP shut-down new fingerprint for firearms???

https://www.cnjfo.com/news

Rosey

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the kudos Rosey. Let me embellish one point.

My dream required me to own a house in PA, so I can produce tax documents with our names on it to show to the FFL before he calls PICS for the background check. For good measure I bring an electric bill. Coincidentally both those documents show our PA and NJ addresses, because we have the bills sent to NJ (our state of domicile) where we are most of the time. But it's not necessary. 

Usually my PA LTCF is used for state identification, and my NJDL written in the margin if it's a handgun purchase, which has a separate form in PA. But PICS definitely uses my SSN and NJ DL to do the background check.

Side note: Occasionally a PICS supervisor must be brought into the call, because some of the PICS frontline agents don't know the law either.

If I was renting in PA, I would be able to do the same thing. Then it would be a lease with the utility bill.

Kudos to you too Rosey for all your hard work at CNJFO. Your team too.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Smokin .50 it’s @Greenday. He’s a troll. The problem is new users don’t know this. I really wish the mods would do something about him. 

@Zeke WOW, yep that makes sense.  When nobody buys his bullshit as Character #1, he jumps into a phone booth & emerges as Character #2.  Problem is it's always DEEP legal questions regarding skirting NJ law and doing it with such low post counts.  It's his M.O.  Most "normal" people lurk, like a few posts themselves, say a few things to build a post count, then post easy shit like "9 or .45?".  Not this heavy-duty, hair-splitting, legal, "how can I get over" BS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you just apply for a NJ FPID again, you cant appeal anything at this point. 

 

Check the box yes i've been denied, and when asked why... just write in "Bullshit". 

 

Not to flame the OP, but what could possibly have come up to deny the FPID that wasn't communicated with him? Since the issuing authority has the power to deny the permits they know exactly what came up on the BG check or mental health check.

 

And what 18year old just takes "NO" for an answer? I sure as hell wouldn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Smokin .50 it’s @Greenday. He’s a troll. The problem is new users don’t know this. I really wish the mods would do something about him. 

Maybe the mods should do something about you trying to derail this thread.

41 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

@Zeke WOW, yep that makes sense.  When nobody buys his bullshit as Character #1, he jumps into a phone booth & emerges as Character #2.  Problem is it's always DEEP legal questions regarding skirting NJ law and doing it with such low post counts.  It's his M.O.  Most "normal" people lurk, like a few posts themselves, say a few things to build a post count, then post easy shit like "9 or .45?".  Not this heavy-duty, hair-splitting, legal, "how can I get over" BS.  

That's not what he's suggesting and that's some serious tinfoil hat BS right there suggesting I make multiple accounts to troll this forum.

A new forum member asking about FIDs when they are getting into guns seems like a reasonable place to start for a new shooter. Why would they be participating in first focal plane vs second focal plane arguments or finding new powders or whatever technique when they haven't even gotten passed the first step of getting an ID and getting a gun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

GIVE ME RECTUMS WITH MY MASHED POTATOES!

Such hair-splitting bullshit.  You people must have taken lessons from ME, lol!

Conflating voting laws with firearms laws and tax liability laws all rolled into one.  You people confuse yourselves.  Like lookin' for permission to breathe AIR, you ain't gonna find it in the 2C statutes OR in the orange Bible.

@45Doll is livin' the dream.  He's the expert about this shit cause he already did it, is doin' it and will continue to do it!

I've covered this several times throughout the years,  Pity it's so hard to use the library of those thousands of posts of mine, @Zeke and others.

Nappen will tell you to use a crosswalk & look both ways.  Then you'll get a bill.

In NJ there is no designation of what a residence IS within the firearms statutes.  2 days, 2 months or 20 years.  You don't need to own or rent to make residence in another state.  You could just be living there rent-free in the basement!  All that's required is some DNA on a toothbrush!  Gee that couch folds-out!  Can I pay the cable bill Uncle Steve?  Do I have metadata on my phone with a Facebook live video shot on Uncle Steve's couch with myself in pajamas?  These & other hair-splitting scenarios are plentiful.

Now let's get to the brass tacks!  As they say "at the end of the day....."

The kid wants to buy guns in Florida with a denial hanging over his head.  He doesn't know why he was denied & never got or responded to the denial.  Choir Boy or Rapist?  Who here knows for sure?  Maybe his name popped up on the radar screen and he was denied because his name matches a scumbag's?  And maybe the Cops never checked further for address, town, age, social security number, etc.?  Don't laugh, a member of this forum has been thru that shit already!  Or. or, or....could it be a troll from Mom's Demand?

Why stop at only 2 residences?  When applying deep thinking, in regards to NJ firearms, one must always play "Pretend".  You need to pretend you own 3-4 residences within NJ (like SOME do) and then try to apply the EXEMPTIONS.  Then see where you come out.  THEN PRETEND you live in another state AND you're a nationally-ranked competitive shooter that attends matches throughout this state AND the country.  Meaning:  IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR SMALL WORLD!

Maybe THEN some of you will STOP with the "You need a NJFPID card to own & transport" firearms into & out of NJ???

In essence, you have to remove yourself & your personal situation from the equation when answering firearms questions regarding the convoluted, vague, and often juxtaposed firearms statutes.

I've been busy.  Does anyone here know that NJSP shut-down new fingerprint for firearms???

https://www.cnjfo.com/news

Rosey

 

You are both hilarious and very informative. Thank you for the response. Hahaha I am very close to a choir boy! I am involved in my church :) but for real I’ve never ever been detained or anything by the police. Most I’ve done is get a detention for skipping class and get a parking ticket. My name is very unusual. I was also enlisting in the Army at the time and completed all that without a hitch. My recruiter at the time was also shocked with this since I saw him a fair amount and liked to talk to him as a cool guy. 

 

But end of the day, I was denied. And I can’t appeal since it was ignored. But I also have a place in Florida with my father. A nice little prefab by the beach. And I saw a ‘loophole’, so to speak, to get out of this mess and just be a gun owner. 

 

We belong to a private range and club with limited members and it pains me I am neutered with that and my rights. 

 

Thanks for the input, all. 

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

@Smokin .50 it’s @Greenday. He’s a troll. The problem is new users don’t know this. I really wish the mods would do something about him. 

I’m sorry if I came off too casually or if I said something. I’m not trolling. I really would like help with this. I can link to my Reddit posts about this from two years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

@Zeke WOW, yep that makes sense.  When nobody buys his bullshit as Character #1, he jumps into a phone booth & emerges as Character #2.  Problem is it's always DEEP legal questions regarding skirting NJ law and doing it with such low post counts.  It's his M.O.  Most "normal" people lurk, like a few posts themselves, say a few things to build a post count, then post easy shit like "9 or .45?".  Not this heavy-duty, hair-splitting, legal, "how can I get over" BS.  

I’m not sure who you guys think I am. I’m sorry if I said something rude? I can link to my old Reddit posts about this from 2 years ago when I was first denied. It also has a picture of my denial letter as proof. I’m sorry if I didn’t follow posting standards with this 

45 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Why don't you just apply for a NJ FPID again, you cant appeal anything at this point. 

 

Check the box yes i've been denied, and when asked why... just write in "Bullshit". 

 

Not to flame the OP, but what could possibly have come up to deny the FPID that wasn't communicated with him? Since the issuing authority has the power to deny the permits they know exactly what came up on the BG check or mental health check.

 

And what 18year old just takes "NO" for an answer? I sure as hell wouldn't. 

I could show you my denial letter if you’d like. I posted it on Reddit two years ago when tbis happened with the appropriate info crossed out. It was two sentences long. 

 

It was tough to do anything when leaving for basic 3 months after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Maybe the mods should do something about you trying to derail this thread.

That's not what he's suggesting and that's some serious tinfoil hat BS right there suggesting I make multiple accounts to troll this forum.

A new forum member asking about FIDs when they are getting into guns seems like a reasonable place to start for a new shooter. Why would they be participating in first focal plane vs second focal plane arguments or finding new powders or whatever technique when they haven't even gotten passed the first step of getting an ID and getting a gun?

I’m sorry if I said something. I can link to my old Reddit posts from two years ago talking about this exact thing with a picture of my denial letter if that satisfies you guys. I would just really appreciate some advice from knowledgeable people on this. I’m smart enough to know I’m in a real tough position but too dumb to know how to get out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nogunverysad said:

I’m sorry if I said something. I can link to my old Reddit posts from two years ago talking about this exact thing with a picture of my denial letter if that satisfies you guys. I would just really appreciate some advice from knowledgeable people on this. I’m smart enough to know I’m in a real tough position but too dumb to know how to get out. 

Dude it’s not you.

im sayen @Greenday has zero information you should absorb.

again I’ll ask for a citation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nogunverysad said:

I think I stumbled into drama here without meaning to lol. Back to Reddit I go. 

You get the gun legally in Florida. Then proceed . To and from range, home, ammo separate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeke said:

You get the gun legally in Florida. Then proceed . To and from range, home, ammo separate. 

That’s the plan. I can do a private sale in Florida legally since I’m seen as a resident there under ATF laws and their gun statutes, then bring it here and have bought it legally. I’m worried a prosecutor may disagree with this though especially if I got denied an FID already :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nogunverysad said:

That’s the plan. I can do a private sale in Florida legally since I’m seen as a resident there under ATF laws and their gun statutes, then bring it here and have bought it legally. I’m worried a prosecutor may disagree with this though especially if I got denied an FID already :/

You get pulled over a lot? Don’t be a street racer or drug dealer or other miscreant type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nogunverysad said:

That’s the plan. I can do a private sale in Florida legally since I’m seen as a resident there under ATF laws and their gun statutes, then bring it here and have bought it legally. I’m worried a prosecutor may disagree with this though especially if I got denied an FID already :/

Good.

FYI, getting a FID denied for unknown reasons will not be your issue. If in fact you are not a prohibited person with a disqualifying crime on your record you will pass the FL background check at purchase. Having done so, NJ cannot have an issue with your possessing a firearm here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeke said:

You get pulled over a lot? Don’t be a street racer or drug dealer or other miscreant type

I’m worried it may be used for home defense at some point and the cop will ask to see my FID. That would be scary. 

Just now, 45Doll said:

Good.

FYI, getting a FID denied for unknown reasons will not be your issue. If in fact you are not a prohibited person with a disqualifying crime on your record you will pass the FL background check at purchase. Having done so, NJ cannot have an issue with your possessing a firearm here.

I have 3 parking tickets from high school. That’s the entirety of my record. I know I can legally posses in Florida, I just hope the cops agree here. I will have to ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't mean to throw a "wrench" in your latest plan but almost all legit Fl private sellers will only sell on a private sale with a bill of sale (to cover their ass) and will require a Fl DL at a minimum. While it is true that Fl  law does not require a bill of sale on a private sale, any legit Fl seller will want to see your FL DL or possibly a valid Fl State Issued Id to verify age and that you appear to be a Fl resident.You will also receive a copy of the bill of sale.  If you purchase without a bill of Sale, you have no protection if it turns out the firearm was stolen etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nogunverysad said:

I’m worried it may be used for home defense at some point and the cop will ask to see my FID. That would be scary. 

I have 3 parking tickets from high school. That’s the entirety of my record. I know I can legally posses in Florida, I just hope the cops agree here. I will have to ask. 

Deal with those grave circumstances when they come. Or don’t bring your legally purchased in Florida firearm to nj. Your call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am i missing something, why are you not applying for a NJ FPID again? your not banned for life from applying again..

 

ATF website

"May a person who resides in one State and owns property in another State purchase a firearm in either State?"

 

"If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a firearm in that State. However, simply owning property in another State does not alone qualify the person to purchase a firearm in that State."

 

 

If you are to be a resident of Florida, you need to meet the criteria Florida has set to be a resident..

 

If you vacation down there a few weeks out of the year, I would say you are most likely NOT a resident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Am i missing something, why are you not applying for a NJ FPID again? your not banned for life from applying again..

 

ATF website

"May a person who resides in one State and owns property in another State purchase a firearm in either State?"

 

"If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a firearm in that State. However, simply owning property in another State does not alone qualify the person to purchase a firearm in that State."

 

 

If you are to be a resident of Florida, you need to meet the criteria Florida has set to be a resident..

Wouldn’t the same police station just see me come up again and auto reject me since I didn’t apply and appeal their last decision not to issue me an FID?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nogunverysad said:

Wouldn’t the same police station just see me come up again and auto reject me since I didn’t apply and appeal their last decision not to issue me an FID?

That would be your opportunity to ASK THEM what the denial was for, what you should have done the first time. 

Or approach the officer who does permits before hand and try and straighten it out before another denial. 

 

Nothing says you cant apply again and that it must be an auto denial, you just have to check the box off you were denied. They may realize it was a mistake and approve it.. 

 

 

Why on earth would you let this go? If you are stopped with a gun in NJ what do you think will happen if there are errors associated with your name? You wanna figure that out from a jail cell? Or get a head of it now?

 

 

I can say with certainty that attempting to apply a grey area with residency in a place you really dont live is a terrible idea all around. If the ATF asked you to show you are a Florida resident, how will you? They already stated that just owning property is not good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

That would be your opportunity to ASK THEM what the denial was for, what you should have done the first time. 

Or approach the officer who does permits before hand and try and straighten it out before another denial. 

 

Nothing says you cant apply again and that it must be an auto denial, you just have to check the box off you were denied. They may realize it was a mistake and approve it.. 

 

 

Why on earth would you let this go? If you are stopped with a gun in NJ what do you think will happen if there are errors associated with your name? You wanna figure that out from a jail cell? Or get a head of it now?

 

 

I can with certainty that attempting to apply a grey area with residency in a place you really dont live is a terrible idea all around. If the ATF asked you to show you are a Florida resident, how will you? They already stated that just owning property is not good enough.

I agree with you. But like we know, these laws are designed to trap us and go against us, which they did to me at the time, being a naive 18 year old. I didn’t have the knowledge to go beyond asking for an appeal or know to do that. I couldn’t afford a lawyer at the time. They blind sided me, seemingly purposely, which I didn’t expect with a clean record. Now I’m coming to you guys trying to figure this out and set it straight before I take action. I won’t do anything until I speak to a lawyer and the NJSP first. Hopefully, possibly, Nappen, can simply ask why like you said and ask if the issue has resolved itself or what we can do to get approved. I don’t know. I am not a lawyer, haha. But I figured I could collect my thoughts with you guys here before anything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zeke said:

You get pulled over a lot? Don’t be a street racer or drug dealer or other miscreant type

This. I swear do people not realize what is locked in your trunk isn’t the cops business? If you get pulled over and your guns are securely locked in the trunk do you think they’re gonna know if you don’t tell them? 
 

seriously you have a right to remain silent, use it.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...