Zeke

Uptick in gun sales means....

We are going to have a lot of new people asking questions. Hell I even have one anti gun dude that applied for his fpid.

So guys, put the tinfoil away, be a good Nieghbor. And please don’t spew bs information. 

- this message has been approved by the the #zekefomod campaign-

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

Mixed feelings! On one hand it is great that new people are buying guns, and yes, we all should  be encouraging to help and support them.

On the other hand, it may lead to more gun owners that "Support the Second Amendment" but don't believe you should be able to own AR15's, Plastic guns, Semi Automatics, High Capacity Magazines, Sniper Rifles, or whatever the latest anti gunner buzzword for what they want to ban is.....

52 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

When this is all over they will bring their new found weapons to a gun buy back, and forget it ever happened.

I strongly disagree.. “ and just like that the 2nd becomes important again “

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Can't wait till this is over and people start calling to see if we buy, or trade used guns? There will be a shit load of people wanting 900.00 for that S&W M&P-15 they paid $1100.00 for in their panic buys................:facepalm:

I'll give them $300, and pay the transfer fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Can't wait till this is over and people start calling to see if we buy, or trade used guns? There will be a shit load of people wanting 900.00 for that S&W M&P-15 they paid $1100.00 for in their panic buys................:facepalm:

I disagree. I think you will see an uptick in revolvers and pump shotgun in 30 days or more. I think if they went through the trouble, thought they needed it, they will hold on to it. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I disagree. I think you will see an uptick in revolvers and pump shotgun in 30 days or more. I think if they went through the trouble, thought they needed it, they will hold on to it. 

Zeke 'ole boy - you have no idea how many did this after Newtown, and again after trump won.....................

50 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Nope, when a new Nintendo game/phone/TV/shoe/tattoo/sneaker/ whatever comes out that pump shotgun gets dumped.

• Disagree 1

53 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I almost peed myself. I want a shotgun and a revolver, unfortunately I have expensive taste. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I almost peed myself. I want a shotgun and a revolver, unfortunately I have expensive taste. 

E Harmony wishes, Tinder realities 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

Mixed feelings! On one hand it is great that new people are buying guns, and yes, we all should  be encouraging to help and support them.

On the other hand, it may lead to more gun owners that "Support the Second Amendment" but don't believe you should be able to own AR15's, Plastic guns, Semi Automatics, High Capacity Magazines, Sniper Rifles, or whatever the latest anti gunner buzzword for what they want to ban is.....

I think this is closer to the truth. 

Pre coffee...bear with me.

In a state like NJ, where it is required to jump through various hoops to get a FIOD card before one purchases even a long gun..I doubt that the vast majority of the recent purchases are by anti 2A people now buying AR-15s. IMHO, the vast majority of these purchasers, are solid 2A supporters who were already FOID card holders, who were,  for whatever reason, late to the AR game. 

While we will get an uptick in gun owners, many, or most of them will not be ‘enthusiasts’. Most of them will not be pro 2A (as in ‘shall NOT be infringed’). 
They will not understand, nor care about, the importance of the 2A and why it exists in the first place. 

I know many liberal ‘gun owners’....these are gun owners in the respect that they have grandpops old over/under shotgun or daddy’s lever action deer rifle stuck in the back closet, hasn’t been used or touched in 40 years... They’ll tell you all day long how they ‘believe’ in your ‘right’ to own a firearm...after all, THEY do!! 
They just don’t think you should be able to own a semi-auto rifle, or a handgun...only the police, or the military need those...

I DO think that we harbor a responsibility to foster them, teach them, and educate them on the 2A, and why it’s important. We are the mentors, we have to be the positive example. 

• Like 2

Just remember, not all of these people getting guns for the first time are leftist gun haters being converted. In fact I am sure that many, if not most are middle of the road folks that just never got a gun because they didn't feel the need to do so previously. They weren't necessarily against guns, just not really engaged on the discussions on either side. It's a good opportunity to show that there's not a gun community separate from them but that we are all just part of their local community, we aren't all some shady societal fringe (you all know who you are :) ) that needs to be looked at sideways but are their neighbors, co-workers and friends.

JMHO

-Jim

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

19 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

Agree.

19 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

Then it becomes incumbent upon us to educate them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1