father-of-three

It sounds a little like what the British did in Boston

11 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

...dude study history...please stop posting....ur embarrassing yourself....

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

...dude study history...please stop posting....ur embarrassing yourself....

I apologize.... for being 2 years off.

In 1768 John Hancock's ship was seized by British authorities.  He was accused of smuggling, defended by John Adams, and was not convicted due to lack of evidence.  Nevertheless, Hancock's  ship was not returned to him.  

9 hours ago, father-of-three said:

I apologize.... for being 2 years off.

In 1768 John Hancock's ship was seized by British authorities.  He was accused of smuggling, defended by John Adams, and was not convicted due to lack of evidence.  Nevertheless, Hancock's  ship was not returned to him.  

I thought you were referring to lex n concorde

This is still valid but i believe apples and oranges...

8 hours ago, Handyman said:

They are just trying to set a precedent for when they come for your food and ammo. 

No one is coming for your food and ammo.....  i mean if you really believe that, you should have bugged out to idaho already and gone dark as well as not being on the forum.

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

..  i mean if you really believe that, you should have bugged out to idaho already and gone dark as well as not being on the forum.

Nooooooo!    I hope to return to Idaho someday, and don't want to find it filled with north easterners.   The influx from California is bad enough.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

No one is coming for your food and ammo.....  i mean if you really believe that, you should have bugged out to idaho already and gone dark as well as not being on the forum.

Yeah like no one is tapping your phones or recording emails.  Right?

Anyone that has any trust in what the government will do,  needs to have their head examined.

• Agree 2

I am not sure where Murphy thinks he gets this authority from but I suspect he is outside his official powers to do this.

I have seen nothing that allows the Governor to commandeer any privately owned goods or services without due compensation in any of the emergency laws I have read so far. If anyone knows of anything giving the State this level of authority, I'd like to see the specific laws that allow this to happen because it is the definition of the slippery slope...
Thanks

-Jim

1 hour ago, PeteF said:

Yeah like no one is tapping your phones or recording emails.  Right?

Anyone that has any trust in what the government will do,  needs to have their head examined.

They are of course tapping phones and emails - it is *ALL* being captured and your biometrics are on record - do you have a new license photo?  if you do you are int he master database and your image has been biometrically scanned and you are potentially being flagged.

however, no one is coming to your door to take your food and your guns.........and if they do - make sure the barrels are hot...  :)

27 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

I have seen nothing that allows the Governor to commandeer any privately owned goods or services without due compensation in any of the emergency laws I have read so far.

From ta-ta thouthy executive order

2. Compensation shall be provided following the procedures established by the Disaster Control Act, N.J.S.A. App. A:9-51.

https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/pdf/EO-113.pdf?fbclid=IwAR03hLA3qfjOotCUC5i0seY0vMSaZxJnVME9SrAq0lCqJp0P1kgimXMwR_Q

I probably need to read this a few more times, but it appears that it may be  a complicated process to be compensated for what the governor takes:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2013/appendix-a/section-app.a-9-51/&ved=2ahUKEwiv5uKP18zoAhWHct8KHX05DkoQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3nZLaYX4ZKtvouH2IsWKef

1 hour ago, WP22 said:

Thanks for that.

The article does not mention anything about providing compensation... kind of half-assed reporting without mentioning that but it shouldn't surprise me anymore that articles are being written without pertinent information..

-Jim

10 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I thought you were referring to lex n concorde

This is still valid but i believe apples and oranges...

Worth the read:

ww1-food-horders-charged.pdf