Jump to content
45Doll

Sanitizing and Reusing Masks

Recommended Posts

 

The virus is not motile.  If it winds up in your ass, you put it there with your fingers.

Besides, you can just cook it in the oven for 30 minutes at 170.     I wouldn't do that if you've wiped first.   It'll be quite aromatic.

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Malsua said:

 

The virus is not motile.  If it winds up in your ass, you put it there with your fingers.

Besides, you can just cook it in the oven for 30 minutes at 170.     I wouldn't do that if you've wiped first.   It'll be quite aromatic.

 

 

This is why I’m now scratching outside my underwear.. #stoprona

  • Like 1
  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It never ceases to amaze me how bathroom humor (as well as sexual, and other off-color humor) weaves it's way into so many threads... not just the daily humor thread (where I guess you would expect it)... but everywhere. It seems no thread or forum is safe apparently from its impolite arrival!  It's inescapable really. :facepalm: 

#bringbackelegantdiscourse #goodmannersalwaysinstyle 

 

 

 

  • Crazy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It never ceases to amaze me how bathroom humor (as well as sexual, and other off-color humor) weaves it's way into so many threads... not just the daily humor thread (where I guess you would expect it)... but everywhere. It seems no thread or forum is safe apparently from its impolite arrival!  It's inescapable really. :facepalm: 

#bringbackelegantdiscourse #goodmannersalwaysinstyle 

 

 

 

Stay out of Bayonne sis

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

This sounds like someone is on the toxic masculinity train.

Nope, not me. There is MUCH I love about men - when it comes to bad events both large (wars, mass shootings, hurricanes) and small (flat tires, stuck cabinet doors) - time and time again men are first to step up to quietly handle the task at-hand. They are fixers, rescuers and yes, even heroes, in the best sense of those words.

That said, OMG, can you just freakin' let up with the bathroom humor? It's so... juvenile! Come'on… I should be allowed that relatively benign axe to grind, am I right?   

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Nope, not me. There is MUCH I love about men - when it comes to bad events both large (wars, mass shootings, hurricanes) and small (flat tires, stuck cabinet doors) - time and time again men are first to step up to quietly handle the task at-hand. They are fixers, rescuers and yes, even heroes, in the best sense of those words.

That said, OMG, can you just freakin' let up with the bathroom humor? It's so... juvenile! Come'on… I should be allowed that relatively benign axe to grind, am I right?   

Hey, I wasn't the one who suggested they were using it for their bum.  I was just exploring the ramifications of what that might mean to do such after someone else suggested that was their preferred method of cleansing.

 

  • FacePalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

 

That said, OMG, can you just freakin' let up with the bathroom humor? It's so... juvenile! Come'on… I should be allowed that relatively benign axe to grind, am I right?   

Only when you start calling it Porkroll 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Only when you start calling it Porkroll 

You win

10 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

You want bathroom humor? Got a glass bottom toilet bowl with a video camera?

The imagery was just too potent for Emma.

 

 

 

That’s just weird dude 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Nope, not me. There is MUCH I love about men - when it comes to bad events both large (wars, mass shootings, hurricanes) and small (flat tires, stuck cabinet doors) - time and time again men are first to step up to quietly handle the task at-hand. They are fixers, rescuers and yes, even heroes, in the best sense of those words.

That said, OMG, can you just freakin' let up with the bathroom humor? It's so... juvenile! Come'on… I should be allowed that relatively benign axe to grind, am I right?   

It's not our fault. We are genetically predisposed to think about sex all the time.

Now off to Amazon to order some pork roll and a glass bottom toilet bowl.

  • Haha 2
  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I solved the whole "mask problem." I just wear a snorkel. I put it on upside-down and stick the end down my shirt.

Each shirt gets you another 33 Ns. Three shirts and you are up to N96. Who needs an N95 mask?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, DirtyDigz said:

I’ve been 3D printing Montana mask “shells” that have an ~2 square inch filter port - cutting the filter section out of worn n95 masks:

https://www.makethemasks.com/

I’m able to make 3-4 Montana masks out of the material from one N95.

 

 

Which 3D printer do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Which 3D printer do you have?

Creality Ender 3 with some upgrades and a connected raspberry pi running octopi. 

I got it as a cheap entry point to play around with 3D printing.  Assembly, upgrade parts and tuning/tweaking were required to get it to the point where I can press “print” and come back to a completed print without issues.

There are more “out of the box” print ready printers available at higher price points.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those making home made masks.....has anyone thought of buying an air purifirer filter? many of them are labeled to stop 99%+ of virus's and bacteria. you can cut sections out of them to place into home made masks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

for those making home made masks.....has anyone thought of buying an air purifirer filter? many of them are labeled to stop 99%+ of virus's and bacteria. you can cut sections out of them to place into home made masks.

Thanks, will see if I can do that.  I'm using dry shop-vac filter paper currently. 

I also saw the earlier post where someone tested 2 layers of "blue shop paper towels" and said there were nearly as effective as N95 filter element.

Issue with using some types of paper is that if you wear the mask for a couple of hours the moisture in your breath will saturate the paper and it then restricts airflow to the point where it's too difficult to breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Issue with using some types of paper is that if you wear the mask for a couple of hours the moisture in your breath will saturate the paper and it then restricts airflow to the point where it's too difficult to breath.

I've been using Saran wrap and definitely found that to be true. 

  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Handyman said:

I've been using Saran wrap and definitely found that to be true. 

Try duct tape next....please film and post up for errr, ahhhh, scientific purposes 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...