45Doll

Sanitizing and Reusing Masks

The virus is not motile.  If it winds up in your ass, you put it there with your fingers.

Besides, you can just cook it in the oven for 30 minutes at 170.     I wouldn't do that if you've wiped first.   It'll be quite aromatic.

• Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

42 minutes ago, Malsua said:

The virus is not motile.  If it winds up in your ass, you put it there with your fingers.

Besides, you can just cook it in the oven for 30 minutes at 170.     I wouldn't do that if you've wiped first.   It'll be quite aromatic.

This is why I’m now scratching outside my underwear.. #stoprona

• Like 1
  • FacePalm 1

It never ceases to amaze me how bathroom humor (as well as sexual, and other off-color humor) weaves it's way into so many threads... not just the daily humor thread (where I guess you would expect it)... but everywhere. It seems no thread or forum is safe apparently from its impolite arrival!  It's inescapable really. :facepalm: 

#bringbackelegantdiscourse #goodmannersalwaysinstyle 

• Crazy 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It never ceases to amaze me how bathroom humor (as well as sexual, and other off-color humor) weaves it's way into so many threads... not just the daily humor thread (where I guess you would expect it)... but everywhere. It seems no thread or forum is safe apparently from its impolite arrival!  It's inescapable really. :facepalm: 

#bringbackelegantdiscourse #goodmannersalwaysinstyle 

Stay out of Bayonne sis

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

31 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

This sounds like someone is on the toxic masculinity train.

Nope, not me. There is MUCH I love about men - when it comes to bad events both large (wars, mass shootings, hurricanes) and small (flat tires, stuck cabinet doors) - time and time again men are first to step up to quietly handle the task at-hand. They are fixers, rescuers and yes, even heroes, in the best sense of those words.

That said, OMG, can you just freakin' let up with the bathroom humor? It's so... juvenile! Come'on… I should be allowed that relatively benign axe to grind, am I right?   

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Nope, not me. There is MUCH I love about men - when it comes to bad events both large (wars, mass shootings, hurricanes) and small (flat tires, stuck cabinet doors) - time and time again men are first to step up to quietly handle the task at-hand. They are fixers, rescuers and yes, even heroes, in the best sense of those words.

That said, OMG, can you just freakin' let up with the bathroom humor? It's so... juvenile! Come'on… I should be allowed that relatively benign axe to grind, am I right?   

Hey, I wasn't the one who suggested they were using it for their bum.  I was just exploring the ramifications of what that might mean to do such after someone else suggested that was their preferred method of cleansing.

• FacePalm 2

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Only when you start calling it Porkroll 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Only when you start calling it Porkroll 

You win

10 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

You want bathroom humor? Got a glass bottom toilet bowl with a video camera?

The imagery was just too potent for Emma.

That’s just weird dude 

5 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It's not our fault. We are genetically predisposed to think about sex all the time.

Now off to Amazon to order some pork roll and a glass bottom toilet bowl.

• Haha 2
  • FacePalm 1

On 4/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, DirtyDigz said:

I’ve been 3D printing Montana mask “shells” that have an ~2 square inch filter port - cutting the filter section out of worn n95 masks:

https://www.makethemasks.com/

I’m able to make 3-4 Montana masks out of the material from one N95.

Which 3D printer do you have?

50 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Which 3D printer do you have?

Creality Ender 3 with some upgrades and a connected raspberry pi running octopi. 

I got it as a cheap entry point to play around with 3D printing.  Assembly, upgrade parts and tuning/tweaking were required to get it to the point where I can press “print” and come back to a completed print without issues.

There are more “out of the box” print ready printers available at higher price points.

9 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

for those making home made masks.....has anyone thought of buying an air purifirer filter? many of them are labeled to stop 99%+ of virus's and bacteria. you can cut sections out of them to place into home made masks.

Thanks, will see if I can do that.  I'm using dry shop-vac filter paper currently. 

I also saw the earlier post where someone tested 2 layers of "blue shop paper towels" and said there were nearly as effective as N95 filter element.

Issue with using some types of paper is that if you wear the mask for a couple of hours the moisture in your breath will saturate the paper and it then restricts airflow to the point where it's too difficult to breath.

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Issue with using some types of paper is that if you wear the mask for a couple of hours the moisture in your breath will saturate the paper and it then restricts airflow to the point where it's too difficult to breath.

I've been using Saran wrap and definitely found that to be true. 

• FacePalm 1