Heavyopp

Any news from OBRPC?

I see we don’t have an OBRPC sub forum anymore, or I just can’t find it — wondering if anyone has heard if there is any progress towards the member only pits and the 200 yard range — with the forced shutdown it would be a great time to get those built

Also wondering if there are any outdoor work hour opportunities during the shutdown

Does OBRPC have a chat forum or a place members can talk?

@Heavyopp

On mobile browser, at top of the page is three lines in upper right corner. Click there and look for clubs.

Forget exactly what it is called on desktop site, but there are tabs on the top of the page near the njgf banner, should say something like clubs and ranges? I forget exactly.

Also on desktop website, if you were in the private area before, you may have a little obrpc logo under your name and that might take you to that section.

It is certainly less visible than previous way. Not that efga section was ever particularly active, anyway.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, Heavyopp said:

I see we don’t have an OBRPC sub forum anymore, or I just can’t find it — wondering if anyone has heard if there is any progress towards the member only pits and the 200 yard range — with the forced shutdown it would be a great time to get those built

Also wondering if there are any outdoor work hour opportunities during the shutdown

Does OBRPC have a chat forum or a place members can talk?

If you're still a member you've received a couple emails from the Board of Trustees, including one from today.  Check your spam folder.

Rosey

Gov. Murphy has been busy the last few weeks crafting executive orders in response to this pandemic: 

107 Governor Murphy directs all residents to stay at home until further notice 2020/03/21
108 Governor Murphy invalidates any county or municipal restriction that in any way will or might conflict with any of the provisions of Executive Order No. 107 2020/03/21
109 Governor Murphy Suspends All Elective Surgeries, Invasive Procedures to Preserve Essential Equipment and Hospital Capacity 2020/03/23
110 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Requiring Child Care Centers Close on April 1 Unless Serving Children of Essential Workers 2020/03/25
111 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Directing Health Care Facilities to Report Data, Including PPE Inventory and Bed Capacity, On a Daily Basis  2020/03/28
112 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order to Remove Barriers to Health Care Professionals Joining New Jersey's COVID-19 Response and Provide Protections for Front Line Health Care Responders 2020/04/01
113 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Authorizing Commandeering of Property Such as Medical Supplies 2020/04/02
114 Governor Murphy Directs U.S. and New Jersey Flags to Fly at Half-Staff Indefinitely in Honor of Those Who Have Lost Their Lives or Have Been Affected by COVID-19  2020/04/03
115 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order to Strengthen COVID-19 Response Efforts by Allowing Certain Retirees to Return to Public Employment 2020/04/04
116 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Extending Statutory Deadlines for School Districts Whose Elections Were Moved from April to May 2020/04/07
117 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Waiving Student Assessment Requirements for 2019-2020 School Year  2020/04/07
118 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Closing State and County Parks to Further Social Distancing 2020/04/07
119 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Extending Public Health Emergency in New Jersey  2020/04/07
120 Governor Murphy Announces Postponement of June 2nd Primary Elections until July 7th 2020/04/08
121 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Allowing Greater Weight Limit for Vehicles Carrying COVID-19 Relief Supplies 2020/04/08
122 Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order to Cease All Non-Essential Construction Projects and Imposes Additional Mitigation Requirements on Essential Retail Businesses and Industries to Limit the Spread of COVID-19 2020/04/08

3 minutes ago, Parker said:

Gov. Murphy has been busy the last few weeks crafting executive orders in response to this pandemic: 

The problem is that Murphy and Cuomo are both actively running for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination.  

They won't admit it for a few years, but they each have it firmly in mind every time they get in front of a TV camera to proclaim some new 'bold, decisive action to keep their citizens safe'.  Some fraction of what they are doing to mitigate the effects of the pandemic is useful, but a big chunk is nonsense they think will be remembered and play well with their voting base.

Watching their press conferences, I really think portions are scripted just so the clips look good in future presidential campaign commercials. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, 10X said:

The problem is that Murphy and Cuomo are both actively running for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination.  

They won't admit it for a few years, but they each have it firmly in mind every time they get in front of a TV camera to proclaim some new 'bold, decisive action to keep their citizens safe'.  Some fraction of what they are doing to mitigate the effects of the pandemic is useful, but a big chunk is nonsense they think will be remembered and play well with their voting base.

Watching their press conferences, I really think portions are scripted just so the clips look good in future presidential campaign commercials. 

Absolutely!

Pivotal disasters throughout history make or break many politicians. It's a politician's dream if it fares well for them. 9/11 was Giuliani's moment, and he tried to capitalize on it years later with a run for President. Hurricane Katrina was but one calamity that the media hung Pres. Bush with. Hurricane Sandy brought Christie into the national limelight, and his second term in office he tried to capitalize on that by campaigning for President. 

2 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

If you're still a member you've received a couple emails from the Board of Trustees, including one from today.  Check your spam folder.

Rosey

Rosey -- I did see one yesterday talking about some of the stuff I am asking here -- haven't checked email today

Before yesterday OBRPC was pretty silent other than announcing closures

Jer

46 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

I live in old bridge , but am a member at union hill.  Is old bridge gun club worth it?

OBR&PC has been "worth it" since you first asked on this forum, over 2 years ago, and then thumbed your nose at it.

There's a LOT more to shooting than standing in a port...

• Like 2

Old Bridge's outdoor facility, consisting of our Chrono pit, 7 regular pits plus a dedicated scattergun range is now OPEN!

On 4/10/2020 at 9:21 PM, Smokin .50 said:

There's a LOT more to shooting than standing in a port...

We've been shooting since Friday May 22nd.  I guess it's worth it :) 

~R

• Like 3

On 6/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Smokin .50 said:

Old Bridge's outdoor facility, consisting of our Chrono pit, 7 regular pits plus a dedicated scattergun range is now OPEN!

We've been shooting since Friday May 22nd.  I guess it's worth it :) 

~R

Im sorry, im relatively new to shooting, going to the meeting in July. Are any of the things you mentioned for pistol shooting? 

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Im sorry, im relatively new to shooting, going to the meeting in July. Are any of the things you mentioned for pistol shooting? 

Yes, the shorter "pits" towards the left half of the range are for pistol.  Look at the satellite view.

• Thanks 1