Bt Doctur

somebody tell our Gov about this nonsense

The problem is, governor gopher either doesn't recognize nonsense, or fully embraces it as public policy.

He closed NJ forests today.   What the hell kind of sense does that make?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, 10X said:

I disagree with the decision but I understand it. From what I read a lot of the parks were mobbed with people not following the distancing guidelines. Not talking the nature trails but picnic grounds, playgrounds and ball fields. 

14 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I disagree with the decision but I understand it. From what I read a lot of the parks were mobbed with people not following the distancing guidelines. Not talking the nature trails but picnic grounds, playgrounds and ball fields. 

Right. And now those folks will drive to PA and NY and stop for gas, stop for coffee, stop to pee. Or will congregate in areas that are already congested.

8 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Right. And now those folks will drive to PA and NY and stop for gas, stop for coffee, stop to pee. Or will congregate in areas that are already congested.

Hopefully all the bridges can be taken out to solve that problem.

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

Newark Beth Israel hospital sounds a little "butt-hurt" here. This may sound a little circular, but control issues have gotten out of control.

Along with Hackensack Meridian, that's another dirtbag healthcare system run by jerkoffs and mafiosi. 

• Agree 1

Actually,  I called one of the Police departments up on the river I fish and they said forget about going fishing.  They said you cant even go for a walk in the park never mind park there or walk in there.  But if you go to the Division of Fish and game website fishing is listed as one of the activities you CAN do.  This is bullshit.

1 minute ago, Tunaman said:

Actually,  I called one of the Police departments up on the river I fish and they said forget about going fishing.  They said you cant even go for a walk in the park never mind park there or walk in there.  But if you go to the Division of Fish and game website fishing is listed as one of the activities you CAN do.  This is bullshit.

Time to get creative.

2 hours ago, Handyman said:

Along with Hackensack Meridian, that's another dirtbag healthcare system run by jerkoffs and mafiosi. 

I seem to recall a past CEO resigning over giving a politician a no show job in exchange for grants.

17 hours ago, 10X said:

The problem is, governor gopher either doesn't recognize nonsense, or fully embraces it as public policy.

The longer this goes on, the less sense it makes.  It is not surprising that New Jersey ranks high on the restriction scale, if I may call it that. 

5 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Newark Beth Israel hospital sounds a little "butt-hurt" here. This may sound a little circular, but control issues have gotten out of control.

There are regulatory requirements about equipment purchased. There are different ones with regard to equipment donated. 

My guess is her being an employee AND doing the purchasing and then donating caused problems for them. 

33 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

While some federal parks, including the Delaware Water Gap and Gateway National Recreation Area, have closed facilities but remain open for passive recreation, others, like Morristown National Historical Park, are completely closed. You can check the status of U.S. National Parks in New Jersey online.

This is a really busy area and getting a parking spot is practically impossible unless you get there early during normal times.

Closing all NJ parks will only increase the density on the Feds parks still open.

Really smart, Gov.

Just now, WP22 said:

This is a really busy area and getting a parking spot is practically impossible unless you get there early during normal times.

Closing all NJ parks will only increase the density on the Feds parks still open.

Really smart, Gov.

Guess who he'll blame for that?

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

There are regulatory requirements about equipment purchased. There are different ones with regard to equipment donated. 

My guess is her being an employee AND doing the purchasing and then donating caused problems for them. 

It is an interesting situation because the hospital I work at allows employees to use their own equipment.  I still go back to my butt-hurt theory because I wonder that if the employee did it quietly the hospital may not have responded the way they did.

Just my theory.

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

The union that represents the hospital purchasing agents and support staff is probably upset, it violated their contract as to who does the purchasing of what products.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

The union that represents the hospital purchasing agents and support staff is probably upset, it violated their contract as to who does the purchasing of what products.

Sadly that may be true. I would not work without gear. Either you supply it, let me supply my own, or I stay home. I'm not wearing a trash bag for a gown and a torn off report cover for a face shield. This is supposed to be an emergency. If you want to stand on policy, get bent. 

1 hour ago, dilbert1967 said:

Could be but I doubt it. 

For example thehospitals have to buy n95 certified masks. kn95 which is a foreign certification can not be used, even though they are better than the offered alternative to the N95... a surgical mask or wrapping a t-shirt around your face. 

But kn95 masks can be used as long as they don't pay for them. As donations, the FDA stays out of it. But it's donation of product, not cash. 

Also if they purchased it, donated it, and comingled it with existing supplies without involving the admin that could be problematic in a lot of ways. OSHA stuff, not sharing with other departments kind of politics, etc. 

• Like 1