ChrisS

Due to Covid, should PD be allowed some slack on the 30 day response?

5 hours ago, fslater said:

They don't need covid19 to be allowed slack. The judge in Camden gave them a blank check when he decided the 30 statute was superseded by public safety, ultimately allowing issuing authorities to completely ignore it in NJ

I wasn’t aware of this. Great (ugh). Still haven’t heard back from them as of today. 

13 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Let's hope the signature dates on them is very close to your notification date.

Not unheard of for departments to 'stale date' them. (Typed date, then Chief sits on them before signing, then notification to pick up comes some time later)

Thats one of the reasons to purchase the item first, then have your FFL hold it while handgun permit is processed.

Thats how I'm doing it next time.

5 hours ago, Bomber said:

Thats one of the reasons to purchase the item first then have your FFL hold it while while handgun permit is processed.

Thats how I'm doing it next time.

Let’s see. I’m going to go pick them up on Monday. Both handguns were already purchased so I should be coming home with one of them on the same day, depending on how long it takes to get the NICS run. 30 days later, the second one will come home. 

11 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Let's hope the signature dates on them is very close to your notification date.

Not unheard of for departments to 'stale date' them. (Typed date, then Chief sits on them before signing, then notification to pick up comes some time later)

I got some permits dated March 3, and I got a phone call on March 12 to come in and pick them up the next day, which I did on March 13. So ten of my 90 days just disappeared.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Goodshot said:

I got some permits dated March 3, and I got a phone call on March 12 to come in and pick them up the next day, which I did on March 13. So ten of my 90 days just disappeared.

Just one more chapter in the PRNJ's looooong book of "Gun Control"

Haven't looked at this thread until today, but every time I read the title, all I could think is "if YOU were on the hook, would THEY give you any slack?"

We all know the answer to that.  Respond accordingly.