CAL. .30 M1

Glock's - Suggestions

Hi  - so I have a G26 that is a night stand gun and I had a permit to burn and was able to pick up a G19 Gen 4 - rings steel all day long at 25yrds - it does really like 147grn ammo

Are there any goto replacement items on the G19 that are a must do for maximum reliability.

To date I have:

- Added Vickers Tactical Battlesight with Green Fiber post

- Added an extended slide release

- Added a Grip plug take down tool

- Added a Grip force adapter

Any insight is appreciated.

:)

The only think you HAVE to put on a new Glock is your preferred sights - which you did already.

Other than that the best accessory is Training and practice, ie: trigger time.

With that in mind, I recommend: 

2 holsters (CCW and a Duty type) and a double mag pouch

10 training mags minimum (Keep the 3 that came with the gun for non-training purposes)

5 cases of ammo:
• 4 training
• 1 defensive

Spare Parts:
• striker assembly
• extractor
• recoil spring assembly
• trigger spring

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

15 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

The only think you HAVE to put on a new Glock is your preferred sights - which you did already.

Other than that the best accessory is Training and practice, ie: trigger time.

With that in mind, I recommend: 

2 holsters (CCW and a Duty type) and a double mag pouch

10 training mags minimum (Keep the 3 that came with the gun for non-training purposes)

5 cases of ammo:
• 4 training
• 1 defensive

Spare Parts:
• striker assembly
• extractor
• recoil spring assembly
• trigger spring

Yep trigger time - - received

Is there any benefit to upgraded triggers - I do not find this one so bad at all and I am not kinda finicky with that

If you are outshooting the gun first replacement should be the barrel. I prefer KKM.

If you’re still outshooting the gun, go trigger. That’s a personal preference - just have realistic expectations on how good a Glock trigger can really be, and choose one that down not compromise the safety of a gun. I had a Zev trigger that occasionally made by G19 go full auto - bad juju.

Trigger is the very last thing I would change.

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Are there any goto replacement items on the G19 that are a must do for maximum reliability.

For maximum reliability, leave it 100% OEM. Change sights at will.

If you really feel the need to "upgrade" the trigger, drop in a Glock OEM minus (-) connector. It comes standard in the Glock 34.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Spare Parts:
• striker assembly
• extractor
• recoil spring assembly
• trigger spring

Pretty much covers it.  

Guy on another forum put 145,000 rounds thru a Gen5 in a year.  He replaced the slide stop with a Vickers Tangodown unit and it performed flawlessly after the OEM one broke after somewhere around  35,000 rounds.  Other than that, they don't need much.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bully said:

Guy on another forum put 145,000 rounds thru a Gen5 in a year.  He replaced the slide stop with a Vickers Tangodown unit and it performed flawlessly after the OEM one broke after somewhere around  35,000 rounds.  Other than that, they don't need much.  

Incredibly reliable. I hear that some people even clean them once in awhile.  :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I was thinking the ruger....with the mlock forend

I do like the Ruger PCC.  The MLOK handguard makes it look like a PPSH too....

Also if you're interested - the CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer (Or the newer MCX Model) work really nicely...

Aq7zBX5.jpg

23 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I do like the Ruger PCC.  The MLOK handguard makes it look like a PPSH too....

Also if you're interested - the CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer (Or the newer MCX Model) work really nicely...

Aq7zBX5.jpg

Whats is this nick !!!???

2 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Whats is this nick !!!???

CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer chassis on my Glock 19 Gen 5.  It's a stabilizer so it has a pistol brace... no barrel in it so it's not a SBR.  It's not a firearm it's an accessory so 50oz limit does not apply.  The only "strike" is that it can be construed as a "barrel shroud" - but you're allowed 1.... so.. Legal.  Mine's kitted out with flip up sights, thumb rests, and the actual flashlight in the unit itself.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 11:19 AM, Bully said:

Pretty much covers it.  

I love the vikers tango down slide stop and mag release.. those are my go to for any new glock I purchase and highly recommend and along with sights thats all I really change out.

However I have did recently pickup an aftermarket slide and an RMR.. pistol mounted red dot sights are definitely going to become the norm.. might as well start getting proficient on them. 

If you're going to make it a nightstand gun a weapon mounted light would probably be money well spent also. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, USRifle30Cal said:

I'd replace a few things on any Glock.   

I like the Caspian slides.   I'd mate one with a Kart barrel.

Add the appropriate recoil spring for the loads you plan to use, and a full-length guide rod

I favor the Dawson Precision, Bomar-style sights.

Since you are going with the Caspian slide, you may as well replace the frame with a Caspian.

Replace the trigger parts, and everything else in the slide and frame at the same time. I like Wilson parts, but you could save a little with Cylinder and Slide or Brownells parts kits.   Make sure they are for a 70 series.  I personally prefer a beavertail grip safety, and arched mainspring housing, but go with whatever fits your hand best.

At this point, you'll want to get new magazines.  I use Chip McCormick mags.

Put on a pair of grip panels to fit your particular taste, and head to the range.   You'll be happy with the results.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

B model yes

Paddle release is more intuitive, easier for lefties, doesn't allow for accidental magazine release and doesn't rub on your finger.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Paddle release is more intuitive, easier for lefties, doesn't allow for accidental magazine release and doesn't rub on your finger.  

No! I’m not a lefty special needs person like you. I embrace muscle... memory 

• Disagree 1

I've handled both.  Each has it's own pros and cons. 

Older Roni stabilizer (Gen 4 I think):

micro1.jpg

MCK:

mck-stabilizer-black-no-adk-scaled.jpg

The newer MCK grip section is fatter.  I actually prefer the grip on the older roni - it feels more comfortable and indexes better.  The MCK is fatter - doesn't really  need the thumb rests, but you're indexing lower on the gun.  The MCK uses a captive "bolt" system which clicks on to the Glock slide and stays inside the chassis, vs the 2-piece version on the older Roni.  The slide release button is different as well.  On the older Roni chassis, it's a large button that you can press downward.  On the MCK you use the actual Glock's slide release.  It's easier to hit on the Roni, but you can't lock the slide back manually.  You be the judge on which one you should get.  

8 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I've handled both.  Each has it's own pros and cons. 

Older Roni stabilizer (Gen 4 I think):

micro1.jpg

MCK:

mck-stabilizer-black-no-adk-scaled.jpg

The newer MCK grip section is fatter.  I actually prefer the grip on the older roni - it feels more comfortable and indexes better.  The MCK is fatter - doesn't really  need the thumb rests, but you're indexing lower on the gun.  The MCK uses a captive "bolt" system which clicks on to the Glock slide and stays inside the chassis, vs the 2-piece version on the older Roni.  The slide release button is different as well.  On the older Roni chassis, it's a large button that you can press downward.  On the MCK you use the actual Glock's slide release.  It's easier to hit on the Roni, but you can't lock the slide back manually.  You be the judge on which one you should get.  

Doubt there’s a range that offers rentals. Will base it on recommendations. 
Thank you.