drjjpdc

State/County Parks Closed ? Go To Your Local WMA!

I know that a lot of us on this website do some shooting as well as some fishing. 

Just to let any fisherman watching this, in NJ the evil Murphy has one outside area he can't touch. If you want to go fishing go to your nearest Wildlife Management Area (WMA). These do not belong to the DEP but to the DFW. Why? Because they are paid for by all the evil materials Hunters & Fisherman use (ammo, licenses, etc). So get out there.

7 minutes ago, drjjpdc said:

I know that a lot of us on this website do some shooting as well as some fishing. 

Just to let any fisherman watching this, in NJ the evil Murphy has one outside area he can't touch. If you want to go fishing go to your nearest Wildlife Management Area (WMA). These do not belong to the DEP but to the DFW. Why? Because they are paid for by all the evil materials Hunters & Fisherman use (ammo, licenses, etc). So get out there.

Where did you get that nugget from?

Come on guys, you think I would be fibbing. That is not a loophole. We pay for their management. Now there are shooting ranges at WMA's, but that's for Hunter Education, which he does control. 

https://www.njherald.com/news/20200409/town-parks-are-mix-wmas-still-open

49 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Where did you get that nugget from?

Searching the net. When you are permanently disabled plus in the high risk dept., you have lots of time. Now it's supposed to rain today the 13th, but as soon as the sun comes out again, I'm getting out with a mask.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

I sincerely doubt that Gopher, Swami and Jackboot Pat would have left a loophole like that in the shutdown orders.

Maybe it was like talking in a courtroom. They didn't want to volunteer anything they did not have to or spread any happiness to us outdoorsmen. :)

Now that we have conservative majorities in the 2nd and 3rd Circuit courts of Appeals, I can't wait to have a gun case cross their desks now. So we wouldn't have to go to the SCOTUS. If they ever pass the shall provision for handguns, even though I don't necessarily need one, I'll be getting one no matter what the cost.

• Like 1

To be clear, Murphy has executive control over WMA's. 

How else did he ban the bear hunt on them?

In this case, you can use the WMA to hunt and fish, thats all. That's food for people, and typically these activities are done alone, or with good distance from another.

If that were true, he wouldn't be able to shut down the state parks that our taxes support.  If the law had anything to do with it, he wouldn't be able to tell people not to peacefully assemble or not to bear arms.   A lot is being allowed by royal decree - why not shutting the WMA's too?

1 hour ago, maintenanceguy said:

If that were true, he wouldn't be able to shut down the state parks that our taxes support.  If the law had anything to do with it, he wouldn't be able to tell people not to peacefully assemble or not to bear arms.   A lot is being allowed by royal decree - why not shutting the WMA's too?

"When you are permanently disabled plus in the high risk dept., you have lots of time." 

Of course the law had something to do with it. I don't want to say you're thinking with your heart and not your head, but you are. Who stopped you from the right of assembly or to bear arms?  I've been in hospitals with high fevers and pneumonia for the last 8 years at a week at a clip. Oh yeah I also had sepsis almost each time. My wife won't let me out of the house cause of her worrying about me and if anybody has a right to feel like crap it's me. I am not just a shooter but an outdoorsman. I love being out in nature and I thought that this site was full of folks like me. 

I started this thread to bring some relief for myself and some friends who might not have thought about this option. Now you can take a walk, catch a fish or whatever you choose. I am sorry I started this post. For the complainers you guys can post each other, but for me I'm going into my 4WD with my wife and my cane and get out into whatever lake/wooded are that I can find.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:28 AM, JackDaWack said:

To be clear, Murphy has executive control over WMA's. 

How else did he ban the bear hunt on them?

That might come back to bite him in the ass:  Bear near the beach: Atlantic Highlands, NJ police share sighting (nj1015.com)