baph

Hey everyone, new member here and currently in California. Moving to NJ within the next couple months for work and came across the forum and have already come across lots of good info on the laws and everything here.

Sold off a lot of the collection but currently left with an AI AX, KAC SR16 AR Pistol, and a Wilson 1911. Most likely selling them all before I move and starting a brand new collection in NJ.

Excited to join to forum and make the move.

Jumping from the 12" frying pan into the 8" frying pan, ehh?

At the moment, you would be much better off moving to PA and commuting to your new NJ job.

At least there's no AWB in PA ... yet!

Keep the AX and the Wilson 1911. They're both ok here. And you don't have to tell NJ you have them. Not so much that AR pistol. No can have.

Welcome as well. At least here there is no handgun roster.  Although there are lots of hoops to jump through in order to purchase a handgun.

As was stated above, those of your firearms that are NJ legal can be legally brought here.  There is no requirement to declare or register them in any way.

Am curious, what area of NJ will you me moving to?

12 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Jumping from the 12" frying pan into the 8" frying pan, ehh?

At the moment, you would be much better off moving to PA and commuting to your new NJ job.

At least there's no AWB in PA ... yet!

Keep the AX and the Wilson 1911. They're both ok here. And you don't have to tell NJ you have them. Not so much that AR pistol. No can have.

Those NFA in PA are tempting but I think that drive might be a little too long. I was thinking about keeping them but since NJ has no handgun roster selling them opens up the doors for some nice 2011 purchases.

5 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Welcome as well. At least here there is no handgun roster.  Although there are lots of hoops to jump through in order to purchase a handgun.

As was stated above, those of your firearms that are NJ legal can be legally brought here.  There is no requirement to declare or register them in any way.

Am curious, what area of NJ will you me moving to?

Yeah, the no roster thing is pretty big I've always wanted a 2011 even if it's limited to 10 rounds. 

I've been looking at a couple apartments in the Harrison area, near the PATH station. My commute will be up closer to the Overpeck Park area so definitely will need to bring my car.

1 hour ago, tomk62 said:

Welcome!

If it's not too late and you can avoid it, do not move to NJ - move to PA instead and commute (as previously suggested).  You will thank us later.

Is PA to the Overpeck Park area doable?  Seems like it would be 2 hours each way.

48 minutes ago, baph said:

Is PA to the Overpeck Park area doable?  Seems like it would be 2 hours each way.

2 hours during rush hour from PA to that area would be a good commute.  You definetly don't want to live in PA if you will be working in North East NJ.

Welcome to NJ and the forums.  

Get yourself a nice pork roll, egg and cheese on a nice roll once you get here.

Bring what's legal here.  Sell the rest.

NJ has to be better than Commiefornia.  I mean not by much but still a little better.

42 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

It's 74 miles from Stroudsburg PA on Route 80, but I have no idea what the traffic is like.

LOL.... 

2 hours no traffic? thats 3.5-4 hours peak time.. might not even make it home some nights if there is an accident. It can take me 20 minutes to go 3 miles and one exit at 7am.