dwheel

Pistol permit delay?

2 minutes ago, Smith said:

My 30 days post background check is completed, I called NJSP...no response...sent email...no response.

If the state police background check is completed technically that is when the 30 day clock starts for the local pd to issue the permits. 

3 hours ago, Smith said:

After few calls and couple of email...I received a email stating please provide the proof of employment. Is this a new step? Has anyone had to do this? 

No, but I can guess that your employer disavowed any knowledge of you / refused to confirm that you work there.

E-mail them a copy of your most recent pay stub.

12 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

No, but I can guess that your employer disavowed any knowledge of you / refused to confirm that you work there.

E-mail them a copy of your most recent pay stub.

I provided that info... I was told “they are backed up” so. It sure when I am going to get my permit!!! Do you know how long will it take after they get my docs?

25 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Forgot to update everyone, Friday my three permits were ready to be picked up which I did. A S&W Model 10-5 snub nose is now calling my name, question is what to do with the other two?

You’ll use em, buy @Cheflife15 walther 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Zeke said:

You’ll use em, buy @Cheflife15 walther 

He isn't selling. After this revolver I do want one of those modern polymer handguns with a typical grip angle. And perhaps an other DA/SA 9mm perhaps a 59 series gun, CZ-75b or a Beretta 92fs. 

On 6/16/2020 at 3:26 PM, always_an_eagle said:

He isn't selling. After this revolver I do want one of those modern polymer handguns with a typical grip angle. And perhaps an other DA/SA 9mm perhaps a 59 series gun, CZ-75b or a Beretta 92fs. 

I bough Beretta 92X. Assuming that I will get permit but it seems like it’s not going to be here soon. So if you want I could sell it to you, it’s still packed at FFL dealers place...I am not even sure if it is legal or is there another million years paper work involved in it ... 

18 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

For anyone involved with the NJSP permits the word I got this morning is the delay is now somewhere between two and three months, from submission to printing.

It’s already 80’days for me since I applied on 4/1. So definitely more than two month and judging by the traits it looks looks like it’s not going to be here for another century :) :) :) 

1 minute ago, Smith said:

It’s already 80’days for me since I applied on 4/1. So definitely more than two month and judging by the traits it looks looks like it’s not going to be here for another century :) :) :) 

Which barracks do you go through?

40 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

For anyone involved with the NJSP permits the word I got this morning is the delay is now somewhere between two and three months, from submission to printing.

I just received email from Wayne PD that my permits are ready. Whole process took 28 days (our PD is simply amazing). I've applied 4 times in last 10 years and never had to wait more than 30 days. So I think it depends on local PD and not state.

4 minutes ago, Smith said:

Hope they do better job for you than this!!! 

I can personally attest that the firearms trooper at any particular barracks can make a huge difference in the response time.

The trooper at Sussex Station is efficient, alert and conscientious.

The main problem has always been funneling everything (printing) through Trenton. Regardless of their effectiveness or ineffectiveness at any point in time, they are not staffed up to handle the normal demand in a 30 day timeframe, let alone the current crush of applications.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I just received email from Wayne PD that my permits are ready. Whole process took 28 days (our PD is simply amazing). I've applied 4 times in last 10 years and never had to wait more than 30 days. So I think it depends on local PD and not state.

For us without local police the state is the local PD. Wayne, like most other local PDs, processes and prints their own permits. They don't go through Trenton.

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

I can personally attest that the firearms trooper at any particular barracks can make a huge difference in the response time.

The trooper at Sussex Station is efficient, alert and conscientious.

The main problem has always been funneling everything (printing) through Trenton. Regardless of their effectiveness or ineffectiveness at any point in time, they are not staffed up to handle the normal demand in a 30 day timeframe, let alone the current crush of applications.

For us without local police the state is the local PD. Wayne, like most other local PDs, processes and prints their own permits. They don't go through Trenton.

That is fine and understandable. Here we are in town where they hardly have 12k household under this barracks, how much could be backlog? and when I called I could sense that it’s just made up story of excessive applications. So now Whatever the time added in local station is just adding up on Trenton delay.

I searched for a NJ forum just to see if others had a crazy long wait time for pistol permit issuing. I submitted mine to my local municipality. SP Buena Vista on 3/31, which both of my references submitted the surveys immediately. 

5/27 got confirmation for NJPortal that I had been approved. 

6/18. Still no permit. I’m starting to think it will never come.