dwheel

Pistol permit delay?

18 hours ago, Shepherd9 said:

NJ NICS system at its finest.  Still have to run a NICS for each purchase even with a P2P.  I put one in on Saturday AM, didn't come back until this morning.  And now i've added a PPQ to the collection.

Congrats on the PPQ, where did you get it? I have 3 permits coming my way, and wanted to add one PPQ

On 7/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, Bomber said:

The point (by design) is to make obtaining a firearm in N.J. such a major intrusive hassle as to discourage all but the most determined.

So far it has worked quite well with N.J. gun ownership rates among the lowest in the nation.  

Indeed it’s by design but what exactly they want to design? Whatever it is I don’t think it is great implementation. 

Does anyone know what’s NICS delay. My FFL dropped application on Thursday. Still no response( as expected)...does NJ adhere 3 days federal rule? So can he hand me over the gun after three days of application and no NICS response? 

27 minutes ago, Smith said:

Does anyone know what’s NICS delay. My FFL dropped application on Thursday. Still no response( as expected)...does NJ adhere 3 days federal rule? So can he hand me over the gun after three days of application and no NICS response? 

With the state of emergency, they probably are able to get away with extending the 3 day rule.

On separate note what’s general opinion about Sig Sauer 1911 scorpion 10mm? I am thinking just to get another one as I received two permit and I don’t want to go through this nightmare in near future at least not before I change the state of my residency...

So here is my final story:

applied for permit in 4/1.

Reference checked out same week. Received background clearance 4/30. Received final approval 6/20. 

received printed permit in hand 7/1.

NICS check began 7/6. 

NICS cleared 7/9. Finally 92x in hand straight to range put 200 rounds through... :yahoo:

1 minute ago, Smith said:

So here is my final story:

applied for permit in 4/1.

Reference checked out same week. Received background clearance 4/30. Received final approval 6/20. 

received printed permit in hand 7/1.

NICS check began 7/6. 

NICS cleared 7/9. Finally 92x in hand straight to range put 200 rounds through... :yahoo:

Hell ya! Enjoy! If you haven't gotten any 9mm ammo, good luck!

7 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Hell ya! Enjoy! If you haven't gotten any 9mm ammo, good luck!

Fortunately went to range in PA. They have full stock on ammo. I also stocked up when I bought this gun. I found some places they have 9 mm but cheapest I can find right now is 50 cents/ round. It’s freaking double or triple regular price! 

5 minutes ago, Smith said:

Fortunately went to range in PA. They have full stock on ammo. I also stocked up when I bought this gun. I found some places they have 9 mm but cheapest I can find right now is 50 cents/ round. It’s freaking double or triple regular price! 

Its like 20 bucks for a box of 50, for fmj. Crazy times we live in!

8 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Its like 20 bucks for a box of 50, for fmj. Crazy times we live in!

Yeah...I it’s crazy expensive...like when I got it the Winchester forged was 13cent and CCI was 20 cents. Never the less I need different job for getting that type of money :huh:

Just spoke to the local PD - he's completely backlogged - he said he's got about a year's worth of applications within the last 3 months.  With 2 assistance helping, he's still got a ton of backlog.  It's been 40 days and he estimates another 2 weeks.

30 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Just spoke to the local PD - he's completely backlogged - he said he's got about a year's worth of applications within the last 3 months.  With 2 assistance helping, he's still got a ton of backlog.  It's been 40 days and he estimates another 2 weeks.

Where is this? That is amazing that more people are becoming gun owners.

6 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

It makes me wonder what is all the workload that is so "backlogging." They make it sound like it takes 90 minutes to process each application. What's the big deal? Isn't most of the process automated?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Handyman said:

That's cause he knows the stores are all mostly empty!

Yea, my FFL is out of the 1911s I want. But the price they offered me for when it comes in is better than anything I can find so win.

15 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Firearm applications are up 250% in NJ this year.

I see this as a win! I know there is about 1 million gun owners in NJ, about 1 in 9 people in NJ. Now that number went up. 

4 minutes ago, Bomber said:

'Firearm applications are up 250% in NJ this year.'

"94,954 firearms applications submitted".

How many are new applicants verses existing FID holders getting Purchase Permits . Brick township lumps them together the article.

My guess is a good chunk of that number are existing FID holders.

Time to do a freedom of information act request.

"Maurice Elias, professor of psychology at Rutgers University believes that most people who put their permit to use and actually purchase a handgun are doing so "defensively," not to "go out and shoot somebody."

Or to put it another way, according to the professor, "most" people who legally purchase a handgun  in N.J. won't go on a shooting rampage. However, a certain unnamed percentage intend to use their handgun offensively. 

5 hours ago, Bomber said:

"Maurice Elias, professor of psychology at Rutgers University believes that most people who put their permit to use and actually purchase a handgun are doing so "defensively," not to "go out and shoot somebody."

Or to put it another way, according to the professor, "most" people who legally purchase a handgun  in N.J. won't go on a shooting rampage. However, a certain unnamed percentage intend to use their handgun offensively. 

So most people who buy a gun legally will use it legally? Do people actually get paid to make these observations?

These are the retard professors teaching our kids.  He has no right or knowledge of fact that ANYONE will use it offensively. "certain unnamed percentage"   yea right.  More bullshit from a liberal professor.  He has no qualification to make that statement.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

These are the retard professors teaching our kids.  He has no right or knowledge of fact that ANYONE will use it offensively. "certain unnamed percentage"   yea right.  More bullshit from a liberal professor.  He has no qualification to make that statement.

The part not in italics and quotes is my translation of what the professor said. Essentially damning honest N.J. gun owners with faint praise

i.e. "most" people who purchase a handgun in N.J. won't go out and shoot someone illegally, (but then again some probably will).