dwheel

Pistol permit delay?

20 hours ago, Bomber said:

The part not in italics and quotes is my translation of what the professor said. Essentially damning honest N.J. gun owners with faint praise

i.e. "most" people who purchase a handgun in N.J. won't go out and shoot someone illegally, (but then again some probably will).

Well, at least they are doing the right thing and pointing out that legal gun owners aren't the problem.

Holy fuck, went to picked up my 1911 today. I forgot NICS was delayed. My FFL says 4-5 days right now.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:30 PM, Bomber said:

Well, at least they are doing the right thing and pointing out that legal gun owners aren't the problem.

Holy fuck, went to picked up my 1911 today. I forgot NICS was delayed. My FFL says 4-5 days right now.

Greenday I also submitted my NJ NICS background check on 7/14.  Still Waiting. Has your been completed yet?

Pistol permit delays? How about delays in getting your PA LTCF?

PA is a shall-issue state, but Philadelphia can pull the same crap as New Jersey.

Note that there's only one place in Philadelphia to apply, and they recently moved that location from somewhere downtown to (on of the) the absolute armpits of the city.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:42 AM, Greenday said:

It’s not only 5 days delay ... if you are buying second gun they don’t allow to start processing before 30 days finish....not sure what’s the point Of this 30  days rule!! I guess same as mentioned above...make it as difficult as possible 

I moved from NJ years ago to a gun friendly state. I did it for tax reasons but there isn't a day that goes by that I am not happy I left, My only regret is we did not move sooner. When I  did live there, I recall the law was they had to give you an answer within 30 days of your complete application with the referral responses. You should contact your local NRA chapter to see if there are any class action suits being prepared. Or better yet, move to the Republican's controlled states and pay lower taxes and not have your 2nd amendment rights violated and where only the criminals and defunded police can carry.

Thanks guys. That would be great if it weren't for OGAM.

I picked up three permits today. I have absentee bids on two guns in an auction later this month. If I'm successful, I'll need at least one more. I'm fortunate that my dealer is willing to work with me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

10 hours ago, Smith said:

@Pizza Bob should get approval as soon as he apply on the prompt... :D

Actually, Pizza Bob's PD has a rubber stamp with all the necessary info on it so they can just bang the permits out.

Here's how the background check goes:

"Has he done anything since last week?"

"No."

"OK."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ugh.

Dear Applicant;
Firearms applications are currently running 6 to 8 weeks once the state has finished their part for completion at this time, there has been a high increase in the number of applications being filed

I'm at over 5 weeks since the state finished their side.  But man - it looks like permits can take up to 3 months now..... :angry:

39 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Ugh.

I'm at over 5 weeks since the state finished their side.  But man - it looks like permits can take up to 3 months now..... :angry:

This is where the problem is...it’s not about law, it’s about certain people in position just want to imply their agenda!!! I got everything finished email from NJSP and for two weeks didn’t hear anything from local PD!!!! Once permit is printed and in their hand I don’t know what the fu.. they have to do which takes weeks and weeks???? 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:42 AM, Greenday said:

I got Sig emp scorpion 10mm .. I dropped my NICS yesterday!!! Let’s see when it comes back...

On 8/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, NJnomore said:

All I ask is that all those relocating down to FL, the ones that vote Democrat can stay where you are and live with the idiots you elect. The same is true for NY, CT, MA, and CA All others are welcome.

Gods Waiting Room. I can't take the heat and humidity down there and I'm not much into the beaches. Good luck and I don't blame you for wanting the Dumbocraps to stay-put and don't ruin another state, but you know they are coming, maybe not in your lifetime.

19 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

Gods Waiting Room. I can't take the heat and humidity down there and I'm not much into the beaches. Good luck and I don't blame you for wanting the Dumbocraps to stay-put and don't ruin another state, but you know they are coming, maybe not in your lifetime.

I used to say the exact same things when I first thought of moving. However it could not be more wrong. Yes there are communities where there are a lot of seniors but the cities are all booming. Many companies have moved to Tampa, Orland ]and Miami. It get's no hotter here than it does in NJ. In fact, many days NJ is warmer. Also the winters are awesome. The plants are always growing and never dead  like they look half the year in NJ. I used to say the same thing you did, as well as I would miss the change of seasons. You still get them here bust not as pronounced. When I run into the many people who were from NJ, NY or CT we always laugh. None of us have said we would ever go back. All of us said we wish he had done it sooner. And on top of all this, I am saving over $100,000 a year in taxes on my homes, business and income. That is why we moved when my accountant told me how much I was wasting paying to NJ, NY and CT. for the last several years, NJ is the number one state losing people according to the study United Van lines does on the states and which are growing and shrinking. As NJ loses more of us business owners, they will lose the top percentages of income taxes. They already lost the two largest tax payers, venture capitalists', to FL. Miami is becoming the next Wall Street for these guys...especially with Corona and DeBlasio driving them all away.

17 hours ago, Steve_G said:

Applied 7/5 - approved by state 8/5 - picked up @ Old Bridge PD 8/11. 

Did you first get the "Criminal History Check completed" then a "Application Approved" email, then an email from the township saying it was ready?

I just got the "Application Approved" email from FARS (Which at this point I'm at 72 days)...... and now the township is saying an additional 6-8 weeks from NOW.

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Did you first get the "Criminal History Check completed" then a "Application Approved" email, then an email from the township saying it was ready?

I just got the "Application Approved" email from FARS (Which at this point I'm at 72 days)...... and now the township is saying an additional 6-8 weeks from NOW.

Hey Nick, how are you?...

Yes, I got two reference questionnaire complete emails followed by the criminal history check, then application approved. That took exactly 1 month. 6 days later I got the email from OBPD to pick up my permits. Now I'm 24 hours into my wait for NICS...