dwheel

Pistol permit delay?

2 minutes ago, Smith said:

I am in kingwood state police barracks... does anyone have idea what’s delay here? 

Yes,  they really don't want you to have a gun so they will get to it when they want to.  Welcome to the PRNJ!

23 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Yes,  they really don't want you to have a gun so they will get to it when they want to.  Welcome to the PRNJ!

That sux! I have my toy jailed in FFL dealer place...I am desperately waiting for permit!! 

Just now, Smith said:

That sux! I have my toy jailed in FFL dealer place...I am desperately waiting for permit!! 

I know how you feel!  You will get your toy......You just need to wait a little longer. I am sure it will be worth the wait!:)

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I know how you feel!  You will get your toy......You just need to wait a little longer. I am sure it will be worth the wait!:)

Totally worth it it’s 92x full size! Agree with you. No other option of waiting!!! 

On 4/20/2020 at 11:24 AM, Bighungry618 said:

online application 3/18
1st ref 3/18
2nd ref 3/18

No other email from NJSP  since.

Update:

Picked up permits from local PD on friday 4/24
Interesting side note - these are not the usual 90 day permits-  they are good for 180 days as marked off and signed by the chief of police. All three are good for 180 days, strange but not complaining.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:49 AM, SmittyMHS said:

I applied on 3/15 for 2 permits. 3/16 got the conformation it was submitted. 3/16 got another email confirming 1st Reference Questionnaire submitted. Then nothing till the 31st stating Reference Questionnaire has not been received by my 2nd reference. I checked with my buddy and he said he submitted it and received a response successful but would do it again. Same day got a email saying they got the 2nd questionnaire. Today I got the  Criminal History Check completed email. So now I wait for the next round? It's OK I guess since the handguns I want are sold out.  :angry:

Just got the email that they have mailed me my permit. Is that something new since the shutdown?

On 4/19/2020 at 8:09 PM, Panicbtn said:

Submitted for Firearms permit & 2 hand gun permits online on 3/20

References 1 returned on 3/20.

Reference 2 returned on 3/23.

Emailed local police on 3/23 - They asked for a copy of my lease and other things. Sent over same day. 

Identgo (finger printed) on 3/25.

Criminal history check completed on 3/28.

Emailed local police on 4/2 - They said they were waiting on a check from a previous town i lived in (next town over from me) and i needed to submit a mental health check (if i didn't call, i would never of known) - sent everything over that same day.

Tomorrow will be 30 days (4/20) and i haven't heard anything since 4/2.

I'm going to call on Tuesday and see what the excuse is. 

As of today, 4/28. Exactly 30 days from when my BG check was completed by the state. I just received a call that my permits where done and ready to be picked up!. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Panicbtn said:

As of today, 4/28. Exactly 30 days from when my BG check was completed by the state. I just received a call that my permits where done and ready to be picked up!. 

Awesome!  Congratulation...

It’s been 30 days and I haven’t even received back ground check clearance. A Week back I emailed CIU and they replied that we have no clue how to track your application! 

On 4/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, Smith said:

Awesome!  Congratulation...

It’s been 30 days and I haven’t even received back ground check clearance. A Week back I emailed CIU and they replied that we have no clue how to track your application! 

Just received back ground clear email... let’s see how long they take before permit get ready! 

I submitted mine at my local pd on 3/17. With all the crap going on I totally forget about it. So did one of my references. Lol got an email from pd on 4/17 saying they didn't get one of reference questionnaire. Called the idiot. He did it. Background came back quickly.  Went to pd and paid my $6 for permits. Now it's a waiting game.  They have an officer handling all the permits because all administration staff are not working there.  Nice guy. He asked that I be patient.  Lol. 

We'll see...

On 4/27/2020 at 10:50 AM, Bighungry618 said:

Update:

Picked up permits from local PD on friday 4/24
Interesting side note - these are not the usual 90 day permits-  they are good for 180 days as marked off and signed by the chief of police. All three are good for 180 days, strange but not complaining.

That's what my local pd has been doing for the last year or two.  Agree, ain't complaining.  Lol. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I think that might be my issue.

The officer was honest about it. I could see into the back of the station and every administration desk was empty. Not even a dispatcher. I'm assuming the officers take turns answering the phone.  

13 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

The officer was honest about it. I could see into the back of the station and every administration desk was empty. Not even a dispatcher. I'm assuming the officers take turns answering the phone.  

I'm in no rush, but I've been waiting since my application on 3/12.

17 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Panicbtn said:

damn, my 2 handguns are only for 90 days :/

All NJ HG permits are good for 90 days, you may (Chief LEO's discretion) get them extended another 90 days.  About a week before expiration, if you still have a permit call the PD.  They will tell you what to do.  All it really takes is the PD to cross out old date, put in new date and initial change.  Some will extend before the expiration date, some a few days after, others not at all.  

On 4/30/2020 at 6:48 AM, Smith said:

Just received back ground clear email... let’s see how long they take before permit get ready! 

ANY application through the state police takes months... on a good day... 

The new system may help with that, but that has yet to be seen.

Regular municipal PD's have been know to turn permits around in 2 weeks to 6 months,.

@CMJeepster

Our PD is doing curb service. Got this e-mail today.

Your firearms application is now complete, and your document(s) is ready for pick up. Due to obvious health concerns, the process for pick up will be as follows:

1.            Please come to Hopewell Township Police Department, located at 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Road  Titusville, NJ 08560 on:  *Monday May 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM.

2.            Upon arrival, park in the upper parking lot and Stay in Your Vehicle. This parking lot is located near the police department’s main entrance on the second tier.

3.            A representative will greet you at your vehicle, and the entire transaction will take place in the parking lot.

4.            Items you will need to bring with you:

a. Driver’s License / Photo ID

b. $6.00 exact cash or check (no change available)

c. Face Covering should be worn at the time of pick up as well

5.            Please respond to this e-mail and confirm this date/time. If you are unable to make the stated time, please respond to this email with your availability. 

Applied for the permits on 3/30. Looks like 30 days on the nose. I have three guns waiting. First pick-up is a 6" nickel S&W Model 57 on 5/19.

Nodel-57.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

Pizza Bob

You know Bob, I think your local PD's entire permit department must staffed just to take care of your permits. :diablo:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

@CMJeepster

Your firearms application is now complete, and your document(s) is ready for pick up. Due to obvious health concerns, the process for pick up will be as follows:

1.            Please come to Hopewell Township Police Department, located at 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Road  Titusville, NJ 08560 on:  *Monday May 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM.

2.            Upon arrival, park in the upper parking lot and Stay in Your Vehicle. This parking lot is located near the police department’s main entrance on the second tier.

3.            A representative will greet you at your vehicle, and the entire transaction will take place in the parking lot.

5.            Please respond to this e-mail and confirm this date/time. If you are unable to make the stated time, please respond to this email with your availability. 

Applied for the permits on 3/30. Looks like 30 days on the nose. I have three guns waiting. First pick-up is a 6" nickel S&W Model 57 on 5/19.

Nodel-57.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hey!  I've seen that gun somewhere before... :)

5 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

@CMJeepster

Nodel-57.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Great! Awesome gun...enjoy! 

On 5/1/2020 at 5:43 PM, Pizza Bob said:

@CMJeepster

Nodel-57.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hmmm...  I didn't get that one.  WTF?  Should I call?