Ringwoodfrank

Murphy the Moron

Our First Amendment right to peaceably assemble has been revoked by the Governor by executive order. When asked multiple times by Tucker Carlson under what authority could he eliminate that First Amendment right, Murphy says ‘that’s above my pay grade, I wasn’t thinking about the bill if rights when I issued this order’. 
Really?

I just watched that interview. I was uncomfortable.

Sooner or later the 'consent of the governed' has to enter into all this.

The problem is, if 'the governed' believe they're deliberately being kept in the dark, they're a lot less likely "to consent".

We're now paying the price for having a completely corrupted and one sided Democrat media.

See "Michigan".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ringwoodfrank said:

Our First Amendment right to peaceably assemble has been revoked by the Governor by executive order. When asked multiple times by Tucker Carlson under what authority could he eliminate that First Amendment right, Murphy says ‘that’s above my pay grade, I wasn’t thinking about the bill if rights when I issued this order’. 
Really?

There's a thread in the 1A forum where I actively went into this. But the tl;dr version is your Constitutional rights are not unlimited and can be restricted under extreme circumstances, which a highly transmissible disease falls under. The Supreme Court has upheld restrictions time and again on the First Amendment and others. So it's backed by case law.

• FacePalm 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Greenday said:

There's a thread in the 1A forum where I actively went into this. But the tl;dr version is your Constitutional rights are not unlimited and can be restricted under extreme circumstances, which a highly transmissible disease falls under. The Supreme Court has upheld restrictions time and again on the First Amendment and others. So it's backed by case law.

Nobody even reads what you say. You are literally that guy

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

your Constitutional rights are not unlimited and can be restricted under extreme circumstances

No, no they can't.   Sadly though, they are. 

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, Ringwoodfrank said:

Odd how only certain States have rescinded our inalienable rights while others haven’t, and the outcomes to date in terms of lives lost are eerily similar. 
But at least liquor stores are essential businesses?!

How many other states have similar infection and death numbers to NJ? 
How many states have the same population density in such a consistent manner?

Statistics can be massaged to tell many stories...

I’m pissed daily when held up to get what I need when shopping, or restricted from my family unit using parks that I pay taxes for.  But I also recognize that we have pretty high population, density, and infection cases.  While I’d prefer personal responsibility, some folks are just idiots. 

id have much preferred a stronger emphasis on best practices and responsibility.  But it’s reasonable to understand that pickup sports games and other gatherings do increase the chance of transmission.  It’s also reasonable to me that if I went to my place at the shore, where the closest hospital is 10 miles or so, versus near my home, where there are more hospitals than I can count within 10 miles, the strain on services could be much more dire in some places if everyone, including some at-risk carriers needed to use that infrastructure. Much of this is common sense, problem is the fact that they have to try to legislate it.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

How about the Gopher and Tammy kick in with a couple of hundred million of their own money to get the state back on its feet??

China should kick in a couple trillion since they caused it. I'm waiting for trump to calculate the total cost and subtract it from the national debt owed to China, although I doubt the amount owed to them would cover the economic damage this has caused. 

8 hours ago, silverado427 said:

More debt, on top of billions of underfunded pensions.  I can't wait to get out of this state!

• Agree 1

Facts are funny things. Hospitals going back to reclassify causes of death to COVID, stunning announcements of more cases (which you’ll get when you test more people), large percentages of people dying with COVID, not from it (if you can trust what’s coming out in the news) Countries not shitting down but having the same rates of infection and mortality, and an idiot Goldman Sachs Governor chuckling about his abuse of power. If you’re OK with being under house arrest for this relatively non- lethal disease, get ready for it to occur every flu season, every time some idiot nurse comes back from treating Ebola patients in Africa or any other exotic case of the sniffles. 
Then take comfort that Zombie Pelosi hijacks legislation and rams vote by mail down your throat, because clearly Democrats cannot win on the issues. They’re still pissed that more REAL people voted in 2016 than the ballot stuffers could print out. 
Rant over. Need another cup of coffee. 

24 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Would YOU buy that bond? 

Actually, yes, I would.

Why?

The borrowing would be repaid with sales taxes, with a guarantee that the levy -- currently 6.625% -- would increase if needed.

Just like the gas tax, sales tax would increase to pay them off.

Anyone that can leave NJ, get out now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Actually, yes, I would.

Why?

Just like the gas tax, sales tax would increase to pay them off.

Anyone that can leave NJ, get out now.

Out of investment, yes, but out of principle, I don’t know if I could get the bad taste out of my mouth...kinda like Zeke’s meatloaf :rofl:

16 months to go...

18 hours ago, Greenday said:

your Constitutional rights are not unlimited and can be restricted under extreme circumstances

I guess people's chief concerns are:

1. Which rights are so delimited? I'm sure you would state "all of them" (except, curiously, abortion).

2. Who decides what is "extreme?" Seems like a term many people would define differently, 

What's really going to hit the panic button in his office is Memorial day!!

There are percentages of New Jerseyans that go to Church (or other house); there are percentages of us that like the outdoors, go shopping, etc. But I would bet the highest percentages are the ones that go down the shore. In addition to Americans driving from other states. That will be the breaking point, like Prohibition was. And let's not forget that day is a solemn day in most families across the USA.