RobCo

NICS is behind at least 1 to 2 days

On 6/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, Ryu said:

Does NICS run on weekends?  I have two pending beginning yesterday from two different dealers.  

If you have a Pending/Delayed on Friday, and you're not Denied by Wednesday, you may pick up on Thursday. Of course, that would be the dealer's choice. You may also get approved before then.

17 minutes ago, PK90 said:

If you have a Pending/Delayed on Friday, and you're not Denied by Wednesday, you may pick up on Thursday. Of course, that would be the dealer's choice. You may also get approved before then.

thanks.  I was able to pick up Saturday.  So about 2 Days processing.  

38 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Last public update was on Weds, at that time they were still working on Saturday.

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/NicsVerification

NJ version of Instant when it comes to The Second Amendment.

Thank you. Didnt know they did an update on there.  

6 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

As of Sat July 4th at 7am - 2188 in the Que and they are still working on Tuesday June 30th

Happy 4th of July!

I wonder how many are new gun owners for NJ.

I would guess - 1000's

So many new owners buying Home Defense weapons. Liberals are even seeing the light in terms of owning a gun. When there are 2000 + NICS checks in the que in one day, you gotta believe at least half are new owners. That's why all the guns are out of stock..................

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chris327 said:

Does anyone know how backed up the current nics times are? Have a permit coming up to expire just want to make sure I don't wait too long before buying as I'm still unsure what I'm getting.

I have a permit.... I can't find a gun I want so it's a mute point. If I order it, it might not be here till the permit expires. Would be nice if we could pay it forward.

10 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

How many days behind now?

i don't think I'll be able to use my last permit...

If a NICS check was submitted prior to my permit expiration, and the FIU in Trenton didn't deliver the approval until after the expiration date (especially if it was five to seven days!), I would call the FIU and tell them I'm exercising the permit past the due date because the delay was their responsibility. I was ready and they weren't.

On 7/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, JT Custom Guns said:

I would guess - 1000's

So many new owners buying Home Defense weapons. Liberals are even seeing the light in terms of owning a gun. When there are 2000 + NICS checks in the que in one day, you gotta believe at least half are new owners. That's why all the guns are out of stock..................

I stopped by Cheyenne yesterday while running around.  Both long gun and pistol stock was way down.  Any chance you've got a Walther PPK stainless in .380?  I've got a permit in hand.

Waited 5.5 months for my 1st fid and 2 p2p's. Got them last Wednesday. So hard to find guns locally. I googled my ass off for 24 hours straight and constantly emailing out of state dealers. Got my 1st sig p229 elite dark delivered at dealer Saturday at noon .was told not to come in till 3pm due to overcrowding in-store. Filed nics paper and my jaw dropped when I found out it was not instant. I told my baby I would not leave her stranded. There was 1584 in que Saturday and they were working on Wednesday work. By close of business Saturday they started Thursday. Sunday they were still on Thursday w 1600 in que. Woke up Monday their still on Thursday with 1617 in que. Now waiting to see what Tuesday says .hoping Tuesday by end of day says working on Saturday. That is me wishing. More like working on Saturdays Wednesday and since .one was 330pm Saturday I will get a call Thursday.

After reading on another forum. I had no clue the njsp nics was different background check than the initial njsp background check that happened right after fingerprints. That would suck to be approved for p2p and fid and spend 1200 bucks to have come this far to get denied from njsp nics. From all my hours of reading. Trust me, 100s of hours. How would the njsp nics show anything that would get me denied that the initial njsp background check didn't show ???

What really Yanks my chain. Is I paid for an expungement prior to covid and got a letter from njsp i have a clean slate but local PD still saw all of it. They said perhaps they didn't get to it due to covid but I still past the sniff test. Nothing on my record was ever charged all dismissed.

Good luck to all