RobCo

NICS is behind at least 1 to 2 days

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

That means they do not have a scalable solution for increased demand.  Antiquated systems need to be updated.

No, it needs to be eliminated. Why are we paying $15 (plus tax :facepalm:) for a NICS check already paid for through taxes on firearms? So we can pay a receptionist a NJ Trooper's salary to call NICS instead of the FFL conducting the check. It's nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Typical NJ, nothing ever changes. One of THE most unfriendly states to gun owners. And thanks to left, the rioters and the "protesters" guns have been flying off the shelves. My last 3 pistol permits I had to purchase the guns online (GunBroker, Armslist) and had them transferred to NJ as no one had what I was looking to get. 

Just now, RobCo said:

Typical NJ, nothing ever changes. One of THE most unfriendly states to gun owners. And thanks to left, the rioters and the "protesters" guns have been flying off the shelves. My last 3 pistol permits I had to purchase the guns online (GunBroker, Armslist) and had them transferred to NJ as no one had what I was looking to get. 

out of curiosity what were you looking for?

I was looking for a

• P38 (which I had to good fortune to purchase off an FFL in North NJ)
  • S&W M&P 2.0 in Flat Dark Earth ( found on Gunbroker from a shop in FL)
  • Ruger Redhawk .44 with 7.5 barrel (ended up with a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 with 9 barrel (found on Gunbroker from MN)

When I was at Middlebrook a few weeks ago, you could see their stock was low. They had no shotguns to speak of at that time.

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

That means they do not have a scalable solution for increased demand.  Antiquated systems need to be updated.

No COBOL programmers available. :p

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Guilty on the last one... 

You are LOL. Iv been getting a steady stream of glocks... its like a surprise.. i get a call in the afternoon... heres what i have for you... Never know what its going to be.....

2 minutes ago, remixer said:

You are LOL. Iv been getting a steady stream of glocks... its like a surprise.. i get a call in the afternoon... heres what i have for you... Never know what its going to be.....

Just waiting on permission from the state :P
Then will have to wait for permission again...

1 hour ago, remixer said:

No Glock for me

I was notified by Steve that I am in the NICS system — no idea when I’ll get the call

hopefully by the end of this week

2 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

No Glock for me

I was notified by Steve that I am in the NICS system — no idea when I’ll get the call

hopefully by the end of this week

My guess would be friday or saturday unless it rains again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

5 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

Hopefully...

I’m dying to get my hands on what is waiting

Been waiting over 9 years to get whats sitting in NICS jail. Hope i get a call today...nothing yet from Friday afternoon.

Edit:

Got the call around 3 today that my background check went through. Was submitted around 2pm on friday.

Edited by Malice4you

On 7/3/2020 at 2:37 PM, chris327 said:

Thank you. Didnt know they did an update on there.  

I’m not seeing one now.  Is there a link, or does it only show up on a certain browser?

this might be handy in the future. 

Went to my FFL to pick up my 1911. It's like 1000% more beautiful than its pictures. Totally forgot about how long NICS is taking. Used to take me 10 minutes. When the guy said, "Okay, it'll be about 4-5 days, do you want to pay now or when you pick it up?" it felt like being stabbed in the heart.

4-5 days now for a simple NICS check RIGHT after having just gone through the 44 day NJ background check.

3 hours ago, Greenday said:

Went to my FFL to pick up my 1911. It's like 1000% more beautiful than its pictures. Totally forgot about how long NICS is taking. Used to take me 10 minutes. When the guy said, "Okay, it'll be about 4-5 days, do you want to pay now or when you pick it up?" it felt like being stabbed in the heart.

4-5 days now for a simple NICS check RIGHT after having just gone through the 44 day NJ background check.

Care to share what you picked up?

13 minutes ago, SJM22 said:

Lucky you, not sure whats going on with mine.  Submitted on 7/9 and still nothing.

It might not be a nics issue but an appointment issue... Is your FFL appointment only if so he might have his own backlog.