RobCo

NICS is behind at least 1 to 2 days

20 minutes ago, Willowjerry said:

Steve submitted my nics check on 7/16, still waiting. Today on their website nics bragging about they are working on 7/18 cases, this is ridiculous. 

Screenshot_20200721-194036.png

I know the feeling.  Mine was put in on 7/9 and I just got the OK today.  

19 minutes ago, SJM22 said:

I know the feeling.  Mine was put in on 7/9 and I just got the OK today.  

The whole thing is a waiting game. Wait to get fingerprinted, wait for local pd investigation, wait for the inventory, wait for the nics, wait for another 31 day. Your experience is a kind of bizarre, your FFL say anything? So does first time buyer need more time to clear the system? Or just random things. Enjoy your new toy. 

11 hours ago, Willowjerry said:

The whole thing is a waiting game. Wait to get fingerprinted, wait for local pd investigation, wait for the inventory, wait for the nics, wait for another 31 day. Your experience is a kind of bizarre, your FFL say anything? So does first time buyer need more time to clear the system? Or just random things. Enjoy your new toy. 

Yea I agree it was odd and took way too long.  My FFL didnt say anything so I assume he just got backed up himself somehow and something happened on his end, but I really dont know.  I thought I was getting lucky with everything bc when I applied for my FID and p2p it only took 26 days to have them in hand when I saw others were still waiting for months.  

One down and a few more to go so well see how the rest fair on the timeline.  

What customers (in general) need to understand is that if your FFL puts in YOUR NICS check, it will take approx. 3 business days to come back (not including the day it was submitted, Sundays or holidays). 

Then once the FFl has it back he has to schedule you to come in. He may have 10-20 people who's nics are approved ahead of you scheduled, so you get pushed back a couple days in the waiting line.

It's not like it was back in the day - EVERYTHING is backed up.......................

dont look for any relief until the state worker furloughs are over,  just as the secretary's are furloughed so are the IT techs and every state worker in between.    And dont forget this is vacation time of year so those not furloughed are on vacation. 

1 hour ago, JT Custom Guns said:

It's not like it was back in the day - EVERYTHING is backed up.......................

As of yesterday morning, my local P.D. stated that for every one FPID and P2P they get processed, three more come in.  He said that they've never seen it like this.  At that's the municipality that @Pizza Bob lives in!

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

As of yesterday morning, my local P.D. stated that for every one FPID and P2P they get processed, three more come in.  He said that they've never seen it like this.  At that's the municipality that @Pizza Bob lives in!

Sorry.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SJM22 said:

Yea I agree it was odd and took way too long.  My FFL didnt say anything so I assume he just got backed up himself somehow and something happened on his end, but I really dont know.  I thought I was getting lucky with everything bc when I applied for my FID and p2p it only took 26 days to have them in hand when I saw others were still waiting for months.  

One down and a few more to go so well see how the rest fair on the timeline.  

It took me 27days to get my fpid and permits in hand. So we should felt lucky compared with other people have to wait over months. 

3 minutes ago, Willowjerry said:

It took me 27days to get my fpid and permits in hand. So we should felt lucky compared with other people have to wait over months. 

Yeh all thing's considered, its not as bad as I thought it would be. Certain municipalities in jersey are well known for holding up FID's and permits for months. I had my FID in about 30 days or so, and my pistol permit in about a month and a half. I can live with the NICS taking 3 days or so given the volume. My brother had to wait like 6 months for his FID, granted this was about a decade ago but that's how it was back then in our twp. His NICS checks used to come back in less than 5 minutes but the wait for the permits always took forever.

40 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

Yeh all thing's considered, its not as bad as I thought it would be. Certain municipalities in jersey are well known for holding up FID's and permits for months. I had my FID in about 30 days or so, and my pistol permit in about a month and a half. I can live with the NICS taking 3 days or so given the volume. My brother had to wait like 6 months for his FID, granted this was about a decade ago but that's how it was back then in our twp. His NICS checks used to come back in less than 5 minutes but the wait for the permits always took forever.

Yes. Gun ownership is a highly political issue. The law bidding citizens like us follow all the laws and rules, give all the information they requested ,wait patiently to own a gun, a right granted by the Constitution. But the bad guys never bother to that kind of stuff. The shooting happened on last Sunday at our township, although targeted not random incident, make neighbors shocked. Reaction, you bet! 

5 minutes ago, Willowjerry said:

Yes. Gun ownership is a highly political issue. The law bidding citizens like us follow all the laws and rules, give all the information they requested ,wait patiently to own a gun, a right granted by the Constitution. But the bad guys never bother to that kind of stuff. The shooting happened on last Sunday at our township, although targeted not random incident, make neighbors shocked. Reaction, you bet! 

Link?  I'm curious.

29 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Link?  I'm curious.

Pretty sure he's referring to the Judge's husband/son who got shot and the son killed.

1 hour ago, Willowjerry said:

Was this during the pandemic or prior? 

To our NICS Participants,

The NICS is back in Service as of 12:49 pm. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused in disrupting your service to NICS today. 

Thank You for your patience in this matter.

NICS Business Relations Team

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Dang.  I applied June 01, still waiting.  BG Check from FARS was done on June 30th.  Still waiting on the township.

I fingerprinted on June 10th, background check completed on June 13th. A week after that, township police contacted me for more docs. Then in a week, called me to pick up the card and permits. So when things in the hands of township pd, that's depends. Good luck, be patient. You can drop an email to ask for the status.