RobCo

NICS is behind at least 1 to 2 days

I went to my local shop to pickup a pistol I ordered on gunbroker. And one of the owners told me, NICS is behind at least 1-2 days.  I wouldn't be surprised if this "backup" or "delay" is being done on purpose by good ole Toothy Phil

• Agree 2

Federally, I am getting 30% DELAYS contrary to the normal 10%. Half are getting APPROVED the next day. Outright APPROVALS are taking from instant to 30 minutes. IMO, I believe that the FBI is short staffed, which would trickle down to the NJSP NICS checks.

4 hours ago, Wcordes said:

Talked to Shooters today they said about 4hours.

They Lied!

I'm still waiting on 4/21 at 4:30pm..............

2 hours ago, PK90 said:

Federally, I am getting 30% DELAYS contrary to the normal 10%. Half are getting APPROVED the next day. Outright APPROVALS are taking from instant to 30 minutes. IMO, I believe that the FBI is short staffed, which would trickle down to the NJSP NICS checks.

Same here - I am getting more "Delays" than ever before

1 hour ago, PK90 said:

Now getting 50% delays on my checks. Most get approved the next day.

I would bet the delay is Jersey not the actual FBI site. 

2 hours ago, brucin said:

Just heard from my dealer. I put in at 4:30 Friday afternoon and they still have not heard back from NICS.

I'm just ahead of you at 3:00. Dealer said right off that it might be Sunday. I hope so cause he's closed Monday & Tuesday...:mad:

51 minutes ago, brucin said:

I would bet the delay is Jersey not the actual FBI site. 

I use FBI. Ten times more delays than usual. Which no doubt, exponentially increases NJ.

We have seen more Delays than usual since the Covi-19 situation, but explanation as to why.

My (educated) guess is that more Newbies are applying for FID's and the local PD's are not getting the info into the system fast enough. Every delay (Except 1) has been approved within 24 hrs.

IMHO, Federal NICS is name based.

If your name is John R. Smith, you'll be delayed. If it is Yuree Q. Rotgutwhiskey, you'll be instantly approved. If Yuree Q. Rotgutwhiskey Jr has an arrest record, Sr will be delayed for a few minutes, then approved after DOB checks. If there are several Rotgutwhiskey arrests with different DOBs, it'll take a lot longer.

5 minutes ago, PK90 said:

IMHO, Federal NICS is name based.

If your name is John R. Smith, you'll be delayed. If it is Yuree Q. Rotgutwhiskey, you'll be instantly approved. If Yuree Q. Rotgutwhiskey Jr has an arrest record, Sr will be delayed for a few minutes, then approved after DOB checks. If there are several Rotgutwhiskey arrests with different DOBs, it'll take a lot longer.

You know Yuree.......??????

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

It's really the Pizza Bob Backup.

Innocent - picked up my last one on 4/16 and I'm not due for the next until 5/19. You're going to have to find another scapegoat....but I am flattered.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

72 hours and counting. The worst part is the dealer told me after nj NICS was reopened the main page was changed so the dealer can no longer see where they are in the que.

It's amazing they were able to get right on that but not fix the unemployment site.