RobCo

NICS is behind at least 1 to 2 days

2 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

we are still waiting on 7/14 - everything before that has cleared

NICs says working on Monday 7/13 & 1349 in the Que

Iv noticed that message is not always correct... i sometimes get them soon then the days they claim and sometimes a day off. I dont think they know what the hell is going on

36 minutes ago, remixer said:

It might not be a nics issue but an appointment issue... Is your FFL appointment only if so he might have his own backlog.

They arent, I called yesterday to check up on it and he told me its still processing and that the state is way behind.  I said I checked the NICS site and they should be way past Thursday but he just said its not in.  Idk. 

6 minutes ago, SJM22 said:

They arent, I called yesterday to check up on it and he told me its still processing and that the state is way behind.  I said I checked the NICS site and they should be way past Thursday but he just said its not in.  Idk. 

Not sure who your FFl is, but ask him to look in the Deficient or delayed sections of the NICs portal.

NICs is way past last Thursday, as we said that are working on monday, so any checks submitted prior to Monday have been either completed or are pending a response from the FFL................

1 hour ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Not sure who your FFl is, but ask him to look in the Deficient or delayed sections of the NICs portal.

NICs is way past last Thursday, as we said that are working on monday, so any checks submitted prior to Monday have been either completed or are pending a response from the FFL................

Just asked and he said its still processing (nothing about being delayed), hopefully tomorrow. So idk why mine would be so far behind.

4 minutes ago, SJM22 said:

Yea, idk.  Is it possible they just didnt file it the day I filled it out?

I can't say what someone else did or din't do - that isn't my place.

I'm just saying that NICs is working on Monday's checks so either it was submitted before Monday and there is a problem (Delay, deficient, ect.) or possibly it wasn't put in until a few days after Thursday..............

11 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

I can't say what someone else did or din't do - that isn't my place.

I'm just saying that NICs is working on Monday's checks so either it was submitted before Monday and there is a problem (Delay, deficient, ect.) or possibly it wasn't put in until a few days after Thursday..............

Russian hacking.

As a comparison, I had over 900 customers fill out a 4473 in NJ in 2012. My highest year there. 

Here in AZ, I had almost 500 in just JUNE of this year. Also my highest.

• Like 2

Attention BLM protestors: Your protest permits will be approved in approximately six to eight weeks.

Following the three month wait for your background checks, of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Deadhead73 said:

mine finally got off delay from saturday and was able to pick up my sig p229 elite dark right before the shop closed! 

Must be nice lol, still havent heard back on mine, this is getting ridiculous.

Many state workers are furloughed now to include SP civilian secretary's,  The way the furlough works is that an employee can not work additional hours in the pay period in which one is furloughed nor can they work OT.     It's very possible there might only be one or two workers each day and as we all know firearms is not essential in the governors world unless they're used to protect him.

The scheme that the governors administration worked out with the 2 unions ( co-conspirators) was crafted to extort money from the federal govt  via the 600 dollar additional money from the feds.   Their plan was basically to have the feds supplement the unemployment benefits and have Trump pay part of their salary's.   the 600 dollar federal stimulus expires on Friday the 24th and just like the WMA's that are closed and "scheduled" to reopen on the 27th so thats probably when NICS will pick up.

Many of the union members are finding out now that they do not qualify for the 600 nor are they getting anywhere near the amount the  unions told them they would be getting.

also watch for August 5th when the NJ supreme court hears arguments on murphys 10 billion dollar theft plan that he recently signed.  

• Agree 1

On 7/16/2020 at 12:34 PM, JT Custom Guns said:

Just curious what would pending a response from the FFL mean?

I found a number and an extension to call for NJ NICS if youve been delayed and havent gotten a response within 3 business days.  Is this just for the FFL to call or can I call them myself?  I appreciate all the help.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:29 AM, SJM22 said:

Must be nice lol, still havent heard back on mine, this is getting ridiculous.

From my understanding and going by the que posted on the NJSP NICS portal page. Once I had saw they got past last Saturday's submission on Tuesday. I got restless but did not call my gun shop. I know that if they do not render an immediate decision it then goes to a higher level (for lack of better wordage). If they can not render a decision then, it goes into delayed status, where they have 3 business days to render a decision. I had my original FID delayed by 2 days, i knew they did not have a copy of a document that was missing from my record. So I assumed it was that but would have lost it if it went past Friday and tried to contact someone. 

If your FFL put it in on the day you had posted, Thursday. I would put money on it. It says more than just processing or pending. Maybe is is actually in delayed status and your FFL calls it pending. Which does not help your mind at all. 

After I signed and the gun was mine. I had asked about the delayed status because I am picking up another gun in 31 days that is already sitting at my FFL. She said, i can call the NJSP firearms division and gave me the number and extension to call. They can tell me why I was denied. Then if the reason is due to something i can go and get done or have changed. I am going to do that to prevent delayed status in the future. I also had an expungement right before covid hit and the local town said they still see the record, so that could be part of it as well. Anyways, she said you can not call the NJSP firearms division until you have the delayed or denied status. Whether that is true or not i do not know. 

1 hour ago, Deadhead73 said:

From my understanding and going by the que posted on the NJSP NICS portal page. Once I had saw they got past last Saturday's submission on Tuesday. I got restless but did not call my gun shop. I know that if they do not render an immediate decision it then goes to a higher level (for lack of better wordage). If they can not render a decision then, it goes into delayed status, where they have 3 business days to render a decision. I had my original FID delayed by 2 days, i knew they did not have a copy of a document that was missing from my record. So I assumed it was that but would have lost it if it went past Friday and tried to contact someone. 

If your FFL put it in on the day you had posted, Thursday. I would put money on it. It says more than just processing or pending. Maybe is is actually in delayed status and your FFL calls it pending. Which does not help your mind at all. 

After I signed and the gun was mine. I had asked about the delayed status because I am picking up another gun in 31 days that is already sitting at my FFL. She said, i can call the NJSP firearms division and gave me the number and extension to call. They can tell me why I was denied. Then if the reason is due to something i can go and get done or have changed. I am going to do that to prevent delayed status in the future. I also had an expungement right before covid hit and the local town said they still see the record, so that could be part of it as well. Anyways, she said you can not call the NJSP firearms division until you have the delayed or denied status. Whether that is true or not i do not know. 

Yea Im fairly aware of what happens when its delayed but like you said its the fact that my FFL just keeps telling me its still processing that is worrying.  I of course agree and know its gotten some sort of response already so tomorrow Ill ask again and see make sure he clarifies what he means if it isnt ready.  Ill also ask for the date it came back delayed so I know where were at with the three day period bc I assume it should also be getting close to the end of that window as well.  I dont want this to now sit as open and never get resolved either.  I have nothing on my record and theres zero reason why it should get denied.  My name is also another famous persons name which I guess could have something to do with the delay.

45 minutes ago, SJM22 said:

Yea Im fairly aware of what happens when its delayed but like you said its the fact that my FFL just keeps telling me its still processing that is worrying.  I of course agree and know its gotten some sort of response already so tomorrow Ill ask again and see make sure he clarifies what he means if it isnt ready.  Ill also ask for the date it came back delayed so I know where were at with the three day period bc I assume it should also be getting close to the end of that window as well.  I dont want this to now sit as open and never get resolved either.  I have nothing on my record and theres zero reason why it should get denied.  My name is also another famous persons name which I guess could have something to do with the delay.

It is up to the dealer if he wants to transfer in an OPEN status. A lot of dealers won't. 

Do yourself a favor. Don't call, just wait. I have a statement printed up that I give to all DELAYED statuses with the Brady Date on it. In short, don't call me, I'll call you.

12 minutes ago, PK90 said:

It is up to the dealer if he wants to transfer in an OPEN status. A lot of dealers won't. 

Do yourself a favor. Don't call, just wait. I have a statement printed up that I give to all DELAYED statuses with the Brady Date on it. In short, don't call me, I'll call you.

Yea I dont expect him to, in NJ especially, to give it to me nor would I if I were him.  The problem isnt with waiting its the fact the he hasnt said its delayed or anything just that its still processing, nothing else, which like other FFLs have said its not possible to just be still processing.